F

Freedom21

May 25, 2019
I'm so freaking confused on why killing yourself is seen as horrible. I have a disease that makes my life hell add depression and anxiety it's impossible to function. I've been depressed since I was about 8 and wanting to die since 13. I'm 21 now and my life keeps getting worse. If you're suffering why live. I have had pets put down because they were suffering and my whole family agree it's was the last gift we could give them. Why does it change with people. I don't understand why we keep people here who are suffering. I'm not saying kill everyone who's sad but let people who have been trying for years to be happy but can't. I get keeping a child alive but a adult seems just cruel. If the argument is that life is sacred or some crap like that why don't why take care of those who suffer. My disease and depression isn't terminal but it makes me wish it was. We don't even have right to die law for terminal diseases in all states. I don't freaking understand why. If people truly cared we would let them die in peace. I now have to find a way to kill myself that isn't painful and works. I hate sounding like woe is me but life sucks and I'm in pain.

• Hugs
Reactions: freaktech, AutumnEmbers, Lennox and 4 others
Uso

Uso

Jul 25, 2019
It really is horribly unfair. They say life is sacred but refuse to help those suffering and condemn anyone who chooses death... it's a total lack of empathy.

Reactions: AutumnEmbers, Broken Chimera and not_a_robot
B

Blurst of Times

Jul 27, 2019
I think it makes people who aren't suicidal uncomfortable to think about death and what happens after the fact. They either think "my life is worth living so every life must be" or "if someone's else's life isn't worth living, could that mean mine isn't in a way". To avoid ruminating on the grim topic, they completely shut it out, try to play hero, claim that it can be managed, that everything is a temporary problem. The fact is, we're not any closer to figuring out how to cure most mental illnesses than we were when the first SSRI's were put out, and physical pain pretty much sticks once you're past a certain age.

TLDR:
People lack perspective and I can't really blame them. It's hard to imagine specific physical or mental pains you don't have. I know I didn't think my situation was possible until it happened.

Last edited:
Reactions: harlope, Dreamcolleger and Uso
C

Codieb1

Student
Jun 18, 2019
People are afraid to die themselves, so they don't want other humans to die because they're in the same place in the food chain. (before even getting into the whole society view on suicide) Pets are seen as "inferior", probably because they're only really here for our amusement and when they get sick, we don't want them anymore. Humans are disgusting hypocrites, that what it primarily comes down to.

Reactions: Broken Chimera, HGL91, Blurst of Times and 2 others
TAW122

TAW122

Emissary of the right to die.
Aug 30, 2018
Religion, especially from the past and even in modern days is to blame.

@Codieb1 has summarized it up pretty well and fully agree that "humans are disgusting hypocrites."

• Hugs
Reactions: dark_thoughts, AtomicNewt, ImSorryEmma and 4 others
HGL91

HGL91

Warlock
Jul 2, 2019
I think if a comfortable death was easily accessible, every adult would do it. Sometimes I wonder if even religious adults actually believe their religion or if they just trick themselves into believing it.

• Hugs
Reactions: littlelady774, Ch92921 and not_a_robot
not_a_robot

not_a_robot

"i hope the leaving is joyful, & never to return"
May 30, 2019
Selfishness. They are so inherently selfish that they care more about proving their own dominance by making you stay, than about you or your suffering. You are an object to them, a possession; you are not supposed to have any will or opinions or desires of your own. You may as well be part of their fucking doll collection, for all they care.

Tl; dr: They don't really give a fuck about you, or your suffering.

Reactions: Journeytoletgo, Intelligent Ape, Ch92921 and 2 others
Intelligent Ape

Intelligent Ape

Evolutionary dead end
Jun 23, 2019
They say "You are responsible for your life and you must take it into your own hands".
Ok. So if I am an adult responsible person then I have the right to finish my life when I want to do it.
They say "No, you don't have to do that".

WTF. Where is the logic here?

Reactions: Foster13
xXSarac3nSlay3rXx

xXSarac3nSlay3rXx

“Leaving this world is not as scary as it sounds.”
Mar 3, 2019
Not to mention, animals can't even consent to die, yet we still realize that euthanizing them is for the greater good. Now if a human explicitly wants to die, it's somehow a great injustice. There are 8 billion+ of us on this planet; those of us who off ourselves are sort of doing everyone else a favor from a strictly pragmatic sense.

Most people only give lip service to the "sanctity" of life too. Most people could give a shit less about the homeless, the people America slaughtered in the Middle East, or the now traumatized veterans sent over to slaughter them, but they'll bleed their little fucking hearts out if someone kills themselves.

It's all a bunch of virtue signalling. It's all for show. With the exception of close friends and family, people only pretend to give a fuck about you after you die. I don't blame them if they genuinely don't give a fuck, but I do if they pretend to.

It's no different than quitting a video game really. If a game is too hard or just boring, no one would tell me I don't have the right to quit.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Journeytoletgo, Menschenfeind, freaktech and 1 other person