Kramer

Kramer

Nervous wreck
Oct 27, 2020
"If only I could push a button somewhere on my body..."

"If I could just will myself to die."

Etc

To have such a perspective is to be out of touch with reality, and it reveals a very childish way of thinking. Nothing in life is easy. Why would dying be any different?

Last edited:
  • Hmph!
  • Hugs
Reactions: it's_all_a_game, WatermelonMel, WOODESITY and 9 others
justfloating

justfloating

Student
Feb 13, 2020
i don't think it should be easy in the way of the decision, because it is a very tough choice people make. however i do think people should be able to die in peace and with dignity, rather than having to go to such extreme measure in order to find a method that they feel comfortable with.

• Love
Reactions: it's_all_a_game, Thrash, alyssfades and 15 others
S

summers

Visionary
Nov 4, 2020
I mean, shotgun in the mouth. Almost guaranteed, and close enough to "push a button."

Real fentanyl. Tiny pin prick using an insulin syringe. Push a plunger, like push a button.

Both seem easy as push a button. Near instant, virtually no pain.

Reactions: Predestinated, sadworld and Ghost2211
Kramer

Kramer

Nervous wreck
Oct 27, 2020
i don't think it should be easy in the way of the decision, because it is a very tough choice people make. however i do think people should be able to die in peace and with dignity, rather than having to go to such extreme measure in order to find a method that they feel comfortable with.
Problem is there are those who ctb who are relatively sheltered from the world and have no idea that temporary hardship can help one grow and develop as a person. I'm talking about people who aren't mentally ill and are probably rather young. Killing yourself because you hate middle school or high school or because your first love didn't work out is sad.

• Hugs
Reactions: Disco Biscuit, mahakaliSS_MahaDurga, AutoTap and 4 others
justfloating

justfloating

Student
Feb 13, 2020
Problem is there are those who ctb who are relatively sheltered from the world and have no idea that temporary hardship can help one grow and develop as a person. I'm talking about people who aren't mentally ill and are probably rather young. Killing yourself because you hate middle school or high school or because your first love didn't work out is sad.
i agree and i don't think an easy death should be readily available as soon as someone has the thought, but i do think it should be available for someone who has being wanting to die for a long time, who has tried therapy, and who has given the world time to change

Reactions: foxdie, AutoTap, NodusTollens and 1 other person
Kramer

Kramer

Nervous wreck
Oct 27, 2020
i agree and i don't think an easy death should be readily available as soon as someone has the thought, but i do think it should be available for someone who has being wanting to die for a long time, who has tried therapy, and who has given the world time to change
Yes. I was abused as a child and have severe mental and physical problems as a result. Euthanasia should be accessible but not to everyone, especially those who haven't tried to get better at all. That's just terminal laziness.

Reactions: CoalmineCanary, AutoTap and sadworld
B

Buffy5120

Death is vital
Mar 19, 2020
Lol sounds like me ive been wanting to die for 6 years now, i tried therapy, my life got a little better but i just developed a new chronic illness 2 months ago which let me back here even my uncle and dad who are almost 60 both said they probably could never live my life but yet still wont help me get out of here wtf

• Aww..
Reactions: DFFP, sadworld, peacechoice and 1 other person
demuic

demuic

Life was a mistake
Sep 12, 2020
Yes. I was abused as a child and have severe mental and physical problems as a result. Euthanasia should be accessible but not to everyone, especially those who haven't tried to get better at all. That's just terminal laziness.
Why should someone have to try and get better?

Reactions: it's_all_a_game, alyssfades, foxdie and 2 others
Kramer

Kramer

Nervous wreck
Oct 27, 2020
Why should someone have to try and get better?
God forbid someone should actually exert some effort to improve their life. It's clear now that instant gratification is part of the increase in suicide, especially with the young.

Reactions: CoalmineCanary and Symbiote
B

Buffy5120

Death is vital
Mar 19, 2020
God forbid someone should actually exert some effort to improve their life. It's clear now that instant gratification is part of the increase in suicide, especially with the young.
Lol u clearly have no fucking idea how hard many of these people on here have tried to fight like hell to improve their lives ask your self do u really think most of us on here want to be here right now thinking about ctb just for the fuck of it?Are you that ignorant and dumb?many of us have tried to get better for years, to the point where some even got worse, which is me....if u think ctb is easy and we haven't put an effort to improve, which is definitely not true, u are very much wrong

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: DivineMedicus, DFFP, foxdie and 10 others
S

summers

Visionary
Nov 4, 2020
Lol u clearly have no fucking idea how hard many of these people on here have tried to fight like hell to improve their lives ask your self do u really fucking think most of us on here want to be here right now thinking about ctb just for the fuck of it?Are you that ignorant and dumb?many of us have tried to get better for years, to the point where some even got worse, which is me....if u think ctb is easy and we haven't put an effort to improve, which is definitely is not true, u are very much wrong
Buffy, I'm very sorry for your health issues. Some people think it's so easy to get better, whether it's health, a job, relationships, self-esteem, depression, etc...

And even if some people are considering ctb because they're bored, they have every right to their thoughts and feelings as well.

• Love
Reactions: alyssfades, Peace_of_mind, Lostandlooking and 2 others
Kramer

Kramer

Nervous wreck
Oct 27, 2020
Buffy, I'm very sorry for your health issues. Some people think it's so easy to get better, whether it's health, a job, relationships, self-esteem, depression, etc...

And even if some people are considering ctb because they're bored, they have every right to their thoughts and feelings as well.
Your initial "some people" better not refer to me. I agree with the boredom thing but only because you omitted (purposely?) that they should then ctb as a result of just feeling bored.

S

summers

Visionary
Nov 4, 2020
Your initial "some people" better not refer to me. I agree with the boredom thing but only because you omitted (purposely?) that they should then ctb as a result of just feeling bored.
It wasn't a reference to you. It was actually in reply to buffy's post where she said "...ask your self do u really think most of us on here want to be here right now thinking about ctb just for the fuck of it?"

My intention was to point out that is just as valid a reason to ctb as any other, and she should not be judgemental, as she does not want to be judged.

However, there's no need for you to be a keyboard tough guy. If it did refer to you, what could you possibly do about it?

Reactions: Lupgevif
Kramer

Kramer

Nervous wreck
Oct 27, 2020
It wasn't a reference to you. It was actually in reply to buffy's post where she said "...ask your self do u really think most of us on here want to be here right now thinking about ctb just for the fuck of it?"

My intention was to point out that is just as valid a reason to ctb as any other, and she should not be judgemental, as she does not want to be judged.

However, there's no need for you to be a keyboard tough guy. If it did refer to you, what could you possibly do about it?
Why did you interpret my question as a threat? This is why face-to-face communication is so invaluable. Text removes tone and body language, and people are left guessing.

goodbyebunny

goodbyebunny

</3
Oct 19, 2020
I don't think that just because life is hard, it should follow that dying should also be hard. Just because this is the reality we live in, doesn't mean that it's the only way, or the ideal way.

• Love
Reactions: it's_all_a_game, foxdie, Mthom2 and 7 others
S

summers

Visionary
Nov 4, 2020
Why did you interpret my question as a threat? This is why face-to-face communication is so invaluable. Text removes tone and body language, and people are left guessing.
You used the phrase "...better not refer to me." That's a fairly aggressive statement. And, of course, it begs the question, what if it does?

• Love
Reactions: GoodPersonEffed, Lupgevif and peacechoice
peacechoice

peacechoice

Experienced
Oct 11, 2020
Your grammar completely destroys whatever point you were going for. Anyway, you clearly didn't read my other posts. I didn't generalize. My posts in this thread don't apply to everyone on this site.
I get what you're saying, I really do. I agree, it I important to try. I think some people, like you are a bit blinded by your own experiences and it seems to me your trying to downplay other people's suffering by saying "well, you don't have it as bad as me so you shouldn't want to die". It's kinda offensive because some people have absolutely not one resource to lay back on to even have a glimpse of hope to get better. You on the other hand seem to have some ways of having maybe a bit of hope. Maybe some support or something that helped you try, some people don't. It's not always for a lack of trying, trust me, it's just sometimes life is terrible for some. Also it's kinda irrelevant to the argument to point out grammar. Kinda childish of you if I may say.

• Love
Reactions: Merlay, alyssfades, DFFP and 4 others
Kramer

Kramer

Nervous wreck
Oct 27, 2020
I don't think that just because life is hard, it should follow that dying should also be hard. Just because this is the reality we live in, doesn't mean that it's the only way, or the ideal way.
No species would exist if death being hard didn't naturally follow from life being hard.
You used the phrase "...better not refer to me." That's a fairly aggressive statement. And, of course, it begs the question, what if it does?
I'd put a red emoji response.

Reactions: summers
goodbyebunny

goodbyebunny

</3
Oct 19, 2020
No species would exist if death being hard didn't naturally follow from life being hard.
You really can't know that. Our understanding of our own species is very limited, and you want to extrapolate to every species ever, in the whole universe?

Reactions: foxdie
peacechoice

peacechoice

Experienced
Oct 11, 2020
Obviously you think it's easy to just get better it seems. Why don't you just get better and leave this site then? I'm sorry, but you're giving me privileged vibes and it's not fair that you're telling some people that they are not valid. It's like saying, "yes you tried, but your trying isn't good enough, so basically you didn't even try".

Reactions: Mthom2, lostangel, Superdeterminist and 7 others
G

Ghost2211

Archangel
Jan 20, 2020
Why do people want to gatekeep suicide so much? Every person should have the right to determine if their life is worth living, and nobody should have a say in that. I'm limiting my comment to the scope of adults since I'm too emotionally tired to debate underage suicide.

• Love
Reactions: it's_all_a_game, lugerepair, Merlay and 23 others
Kramer

Kramer

Nervous wreck
Oct 27, 2020
I get what you're saying, I really do. I agree, it I important to try. I think some people, like you are a bit blinded by your own experiences and it seems to me your trying to downplay other people's suffering by saying "well, you don't have it as bad as me so you shouldn't want to die". It's kinda offensive because some people have absolutely not one resource to lay back on to even have a glimpse of hope to get better. You on the other hand seem to have some ways of having maybe a bit of hope. Maybe some support or something that helped you try, some people don't. It's not always for a lack of trying, trust me, it's just sometimes life is terrible for some. Also it's kinda irrelevant to the argument to point out grammar. Kinda childish of you if I may say.
I pointed out the grammar because that post was painful to read. We were all taught grammar as children for a reason. If you want someone to understand the message you're trying to convey, then it's important to write it well.

You're right for the most part. I had help. It wasn't consistent help or even help that did what it was supposed to do, but it did propel me years into a future I wouldn't have had otherwise.

I should remember that little problems that aren't addressed can easily spiral if no one is there to help you out if it.
Why do people want to gatekeep suicide so much? Every person should have the right to determine if their life is worth living, and nobody should have a say in that. I'm limiting my comment to the scope of adults since I'm too emotionally tired to debate underage suicide.
I wasn't clear in my op but it was geared toward the young.
Obviously you think it's easy to just get better it seems. Why don't you just get better and leave this site then? I'm sorry, but you're giving me privileged vibes and it's not fair that you're telling some people that they are not valid. It's like saying, "yes you tried, but your trying isn't good enough, so basically you didn't even try".
I've tried to get better. It's why it's hard for me to sympathize with some of the users, especially those who outright say they have no problems but are just bored. I would kill to be in such a position. I don't want to die, but I have to because my problems haven't been able to be treated by any therapist or doctor I've seen.

Last edited:
G

Ghost2211

Archangel
Jan 20, 2020
I wasn't clear in my op but it was geared toward the young.
I see, thank you for clarifying. I've given the unpopular opinion on this one a lot, so I won't keep saying the same thing. I'll put it this way. I wanted to not exist or die since I was little, and I was right back then I should have died back then.

Reactions: Peace_of_mind
D

Deleted member 23374

deministrator
Nov 1, 2020
Teenagers get splattered on battlefields voluntarily with a fair bit of regularity.
Life is life. Death is death.
romanticnotions: invalid option -- '?'
ERROR: REALITYSanitizer: SEGV on unknown address - no backtrace

Reactions: goodbyebunny
B

Buffy5120

Death is vital
Mar 19, 2020
"If only I could push a button somewhere on my body..."

"If I could just will myself to die."

Etc

To have such a perspective is to be out of touch with reality, and it reveals a very childish way of thinking. Nothing in life is easy. Why would dying be any different?
Reading over what you said i think i took it out of context and im sorry i now understand what you were trying to say "people shouldn't think ctb is so easy" which is 100% true...i have cognitive and memory issues due to being depressed, thyroid issues etc which has had a huge affect on my functioning... so it takes me a while to understand correctly......my grammer has declined over the years due to this be easy on me ok? Lol :eh:....but anyways with all the pro lifer controversy thats been going on this past week I just took it out on the wrong person....and yes people use ctb too losely without thinking it's incredibly hard to do, which is shameful, and unfortunately it does range in younger groups

Last edited:
Reactions: Kramer
LastFlowers

LastFlowers

the haru that can read
Apr 27, 2019
Um, no. That does not equal being out of touch with reality or childish thinking. It is simply the wish of many here to have a quick way out as they have already endured enough pain and suffering in life. Of course I wish I could just end everything with a press of a button, why wouldn't I? You're telling me if you had a choice between a big red insta-button and any other method, you wouldn't press it?
Suicide should be easy for those who are not impulsive about it, but it's not. It's difficult with no guarantee. We know this.
So why do these hopes and dreams of buttons and willing one's self to die need lambasting? No one actually thinks such things exist, we only wish they did. Personally I have been tortured for a long time and I have fought tooth and nail for my reality to be acknowledged and understood..I have searched for solutions and compassion and found worse than nothing.
I deserve to be put out of my misery quickly and painlessly.

• Love
Reactions: it's_all_a_game, DFFP, foxdie and 7 others
k75

k75

L'appel du Vide
Jun 27, 2019
This thread is very confusing. The actual point of it isn't in the first post at all.

Just reading the original post, I disagreed a lot. It's not immature to wish it were as easy as just pushing an off button.

But after reading through the subsequent posts, I realized the actual message is that maybe people are too quick to give up and jump to suicide without even trying to fix solvable problems. At least, I think that's what it was trying to say.

And I kind of agree. I don't think anyone can judge someone else's suffering or say their reasons aren't valid. Because maybe there's more to the story that we can't see. But there are cases where the pain might truly be temporary, but there's too much impatience because there's no instant fix. In those cases, maybe suicide is not the best answer.

Nobody has to do anything they don't want, including live. But I really believe suicide should not be taken lightly. You will always be able to die. Even if you do nothing, death is inevitable if you wait long enough. But you can never change your mind and come back to life. That's why I think it's best to make sure suicide is the only option. At the very least, it shouldn't be impulsive.

Reactions: Merlay, Buffy5120, it's_all_a_game and 2 others
P

Pravesh

Student
Oct 19, 2020
I mean, shotgun in the mouth. Almost guaranteed, and close enough to "push a button."

Real fentanyl. Tiny pin prick using an insulin syringe. Push a plunger, like push a button.

Both seem easy as push a button. Near instant, virtually no pain.
its not easy for some of us to get those though , many depressed people dont work or have methods to access these.

Kramer

Kramer

Nervous wreck
Oct 27, 2020
Um, no. That does not equal being out of touch with reality or childish thinking. It is simply the wish of many here to have a quick way out as they have already endured enough pain and suffering in life. Of course I wish I could just end everything with a press of a button, why wouldn't I? You're telling me if you had a choice between a big red insta-button and any other method, you wouldn't press it?
Suicide should be easy for those who are not impulsive about it, but it's not. It's difficult with no guarantee. We know this.
So why do these hopes and dreams of buttons and willing one's self to die need lambasting? No one actually thinks such things exist, we only wish they did. Personally I have been tortured for a long time and I have fought tooth and nail for my reality to be acknowledged and understood..I have searched for solutions and compassion and found worse than nothing.
I deserve to be put out of my misery quickly and painlessly.
What does wishful thinking accomplish? All it does is create a fantasy that tortures us because it isn't real.

StringPuppet

StringPuppet

Lost
Oct 5, 2020
What does wishful thinking accomplish? All it does is create a fantasy that tortures us because it isn't real.

Who said wishful thinking supposed to accomplish anything? Every English speaking person knows what the words wishful thinking entail

Last edited:
Reactions: Lupgevif and Meditation guide