platypusfan

platypusfan

Jun 29, 2023
Maybe this is just my experience because I am poor and living in America but I cannot find an ounce of sympathy. I am talking about both mental and physical illness.

I am in pain all the time, and when I talk about it, it is "quit complaining" and "you need to toughen up" and when I tell a doctor it is just.. anxiety.

When people look at me as some weak, useless person, even when I am kind to them, it's just a slap in the face. It feels like they should might as well tell me to kill myself, because what is the point if it's really true that I serve no purpose here? But then if I say I wanted to ctb they'd switch up despite treating me like I should die.

And now I can't even tell if I deserve this. Maybe I am just exceptionally weak and everyone else is in severe pain all the time?? And I am overreacting?? I can't tell. But then if I really am like that, shouldnt I just ctb? Aren't I worthless then?? I can't figure it out. I wish people would give me a chance. No one likes to look past flaws anymore.

• Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: Forever Sleep, MatrixPrisoner and Done_Surviving
Cress

Cress

Arcanist
Oct 15, 2023
I have a rare and severe form of neuropathy. I took bad advice from therapist and psychiatrist at the time that suggested that I try to mind over matter the pain. I ended up suffering a traumatic nerve injury to my right arm that Even four and a half years later I still have never recovered from. Wouldn't base your outlook on how other people perceive you Because no one can truly understand you.
If you're hurting and you need rest then by all means take the rest that you Feel you need.

It's better to be really cautious and rest too much then to cause significant and long term damage. Society generally doesn't like to see people doing poorly they want to see people doing excellence but that doesn't mean that you need to believe that yourself. No one deserves to suffer No matter they're shortcomings

• Hugs
Reactions: Skathon, ddonnieddarko, platypusfan and 1 other person
D

Done_Surviving

Student
Sep 17, 2023
I'm sorry you are going through this, and I completely understand you. I also have a chronic illness but everyone expects me to just act normal. And then berate me or call me mediocre when I, with all of my strengths and will, barely manage to reach their expectations. I just can't do normal, they don't understand that normal is too hard for us. And the thing that I hate the most is how people just keep saying, "Oh you gotta keep going! you gotta keep trying!" I'M TRYING! I'M FUCKING TRYING! AND I DON'T EVEN DO IT TO FEEL BETTER! BECAUSE I CAN'T FEEL BETTER! I'M TRYING JUST TO PLEASE YOU! AND TO MEET YOUR EXPECTATIONS!

I'm sorry I went on a tangent there, you're right. For us, the game is rigged, and the few people who actually try to help us just don't understand that it's a lifelong condition, there is no magic cure, they just want to give us their miracle pills or their herbal teas and for us to say "OMG! I feel so much better now!" and then never bother them again with the same problem. I'm sorry I can't tell you about your life purpose, hell I don't even know about mine. But I can tell you that, there are people who understand what you're going through and really admire you for it. You didn't do anything wrong, you don't deserve this, and none of us deserve to suffer. And it's okay to take a break sometimes, just stop for a moment. Not to reflect about life and be grateful or any of that bullshit. Just stop and catch your breath, and don't let anyone make you feel bad about it. Sending you love and strength.

• Hugs
Reactions: platypusfan
platypusfan

platypusfan

Jun 29, 2023
I'm sorry you are going through this, and I completely understand you. I also have a chronic illness but everyone expects me to just act normal. And then berate me or call me mediocre when I, with all of my strengths and will, barely manage to reach their expectations. I just can't do normal, they don't understand that normal is too hard for us. And the thing that I hate the most is how people just keep saying, "Oh you gotta keep going! you gotta keep trying!" I'M TRYING! I'M FUCKING TRYING! AND I DON'T EVEN DO IT TO FEEL BETTER! BECAUSE I CAN'T FEEL BETTER! I'M TRYING JUST TO PLEASE YOU! AND TO MEET YOUR EXPECTATIONS!

I'm sorry I went on a tangent there, you're right. For us, the game is rigged, and the few people who actually try to help us just don't understand that it's a lifelong condition, there is no magic cure, they just want to give us their miracle pills or their herbal teas and for us to say "OMG! I feel so much better now!" and then never bother them again with the same problem. I'm sorry I can't tell you about your life purpose, hell I don't even know about mine. But I can tell you that, there are people who understand what you're going through and really admire you for it. You didn't do anything wrong, you don't deserve this, and none of us deserve to suffer. And it's okay to take a break sometimes, just stop for a moment. Not to reflect about life and be grateful or any of that bullshit. Just stop and catch your breath, and don't let anyone make you feel bad about it. Sending you love and strength.
Thank you so much, I hope that you can also see your own words and not be too hard on yourself. I am glad that there are others like you who understand, but it also makes me sad that only those who go through such a thing will take the time to understand. No need to apologize for that tangent, it is true that people will always say and recommend things from a point of ignorance, sometimes people like us have actually tried everything and they don't understand that there are no magic cures. But I will try to understand their lack of understanding(ironically) and I will try to be kinder to myself, I hope you can do the same.
I have a rare and severe form of neuropathy. I took bad advice from therapist and psychiatrist at the time that suggested that I try to mind over matter the pain. I ended up suffering a traumatic nerve injury to my right arm that Even four and a half years later I still have never recovered from. Wouldn't base your outlook on how other people perceive you Because no one can truly understand you.
If you're hurting and you need rest then by all means take the rest that you Feel you need.

It's better to be really cautious and rest too much then to cause significant and long term damage. Society generally doesn't like to see people doing poorly they want to see people doing excellence but that doesn't mean that you need to believe that yourself. No one deserves to suffer No matter they're shortcomings
I am so sorry that you had to go through that. You are right though, it is best to judge yourself only based on yourself, others will unfortunately not understand. Thank you for reminding of that, it is sometimes hard to remember to take it easy when everyone expects the opposite.

• Love
Reactions: Done_Surviving
D

Done_Surviving

Student
Sep 17, 2023
Thank you so much, I hope that you can also see your own words and not be too hard on yourself. I am glad that there are others like you who understand, but it also makes me sad that only those who go through such a thing will take the time to understand. No need to apologize for that tangent, it is true that people will always say and recommend things from a point of ignorance, sometimes people like us have actually tried everything and they don't understand that there are no magic cures. But I will try to understand their lack of understanding(ironically) and I will try to be kinder to myself, I hope you can do the same.

I am so sorry that you had to go through that. You are right though, it is best to judge yourself only based on yourself, others will unfortunately not understand. Thank you for reminding of that, it is sometimes hard to remember to take it easy when everyone expects the opposite.
Thank you <3. Yeah, I think it would be nice to be kinder to myself. And whenever you need someone who understands I'll be right here <3

• Hugs
MatrixPrisoner

MatrixPrisoner

Enlightened
Jul 8, 2023
Do we deserve it? Absolutely not. Is voluntarily removing ourselves from this world probably the only way to end the suffering? Unfortunately...yes.

• Aww..
Reactions: TheDog_ and platypusfan
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
It's dreadful how many humans are so unnecessarily cruel and insensitive, they really are the worst species to me, sadly so many won't even try to understand.

• Hugs