Lost Magic

Lost Magic

Illuminated
May 5, 2020
I just thought it would be interesting to share a Quora thread. These people are enlightened beings for sure.

Reactions: pthnrdnojvsc, Jarni, sovcat and 1 other person
Tesha

Tesha

Life too shall pass
May 31, 2020
Because people have different experiences and opinions. I personally don't find 'these people enlightened beings' in the same way others might.

Reactions: AvwJ, Trismegistus_13 and Myforevercharlie
Lost Magic

Lost Magic

Illuminated
May 5, 2020
Because people have different experiences and opinions. I personally don't find 'these people enlightened beings' in the same way others might.
Well they are enlightened in the sense that they believe that bringing kids into this world is not a good idea. That's a good thing. If more people felt like that there would be less people in the world. With less people in the world there would be fewer suffering.

Reactions: Lost in a Dream, ijustwishtodie, DeIetedUser4739 and 1 other person
Tesha

Tesha

Life too shall pass
May 31, 2020
Well they are enlightened in the sense that they believe that bringing kids into this world is not a good idea. That's a good thing. If more people felt like that there would be less people in the world. With less people in the world there would be fewer suffering.
And I suppose that's what I mean by having different opinions.

I believe continuing the human race (and all other life forms) is a positive.

I don't think a certain level of suffering is necessarily a bad thing. I'm not saying it's desirable, but I don't see it as inherently bad.

However when the suffering gets to the point that overwhelms (which is probably why many of us are here), then I believe help should be sought. What that help is depends on circumstances, but access to a peaceful death is certainly something I support.

Reactions: landslide2 and AvwJ
Lost Magic

Lost Magic

Illuminated
May 5, 2020
And I suppose that's what I mean by having different opinions.

I believe continuing the human race (and all other life forms) is a positive.

I don't think a certain level of suffering is necessarily a bad thing. I'm not saying it's desirable, but I don't see it as inherently bad.

However when the suffering gets to the point that overwhelms (which is probably why many of us are here), then I believe help should be sought. What that help is depends on circumstances, but access to a peaceful death is certainly something I support.
Well each to their own, however, it is clear that the human race is a failed species overall. We have devastated this planet to the point of near destruction. At least have a convincing counter-argument if you are going to respond. Have a look at my previous post for more information on this matter, Sick World: https://sanctioned-suicide.net/threads/sick-world.100713/

Reactions: innominesatanas44, ijustwishtodie, DeIetedUser4739 and 2 others
Tesha

Tesha

Life too shall pass
May 31, 2020
At least have a convincing counter-argument if you are going to respond.
I'm ok with my own opinion thanks. You asked a question, I gave some input. I don't feel the need to exercise my intellectual ability to satisfy your criteria of what is or isn't an acceptable response.

I wish you the best.

Reactions: landslide2 and DeIetedUser4739
darkenmydoorstep

darkenmydoorstep

Not Waving But Browned Off….
Sep 27, 2023
I thought it might be nice. Naivety and misplaced optimism. Plus I admit FOMO was a factor. I would have preferred to adopt as I'm not into pain (childbirth), am
not vain (no desire for a mini me) and there are many kids already in the world who would benefit from a home.
But they make it so hard to adopt - having to
prove stuff to social workers isn't my bag so I had one instead. Shouldn't have done it. I love my child but the world is fucked and it's hard work.

• Love
Reactions: landslide2, Lost Magic and Tesha
pollux

pollux

Knight of Infinite Resignation
May 24, 2024
Because for many, the world isn't cruel. It can be a wonderful place, just not for everyone.

Reactions: landslide2, AvwJ, Saturn_ and 2 others
Dr Iron Arc

Dr Iron Arc

Into the Unknown
Feb 10, 2020
It feels good and for most people their biology weaponizes every cell in their body to prepare them for the reproductive act until reproduction actually happens. You can't expect everyone to have the strength or willpower to fight hundreds of millions of years of genetic programming. DNA is the true evil to blame.

Reactions: landslide2, Forever Sleep, Jarni and 2 others
cheyxnn

cheyxnn

May 7, 2024
This is super interesting bc I've always thought of this and haven't seen anyone else say it before as I guess it's quite a controversial take lol. But I just think we already have such an overpopulation issue and paired with the amount of adoption/foster kids I don't see why people would want their own kids? Idk

But I guess at the end of the day it's peoples decision and they can do whatever they want but I've never heard an argument against this view other than ppl saying "they just want their own blood" etc.. which I personally don't understand but each to their own 🤷‍♀️

Reactions: Lost Magic
ijustwishtodie

ijustwishtodie

death will be my ultimate bliss
Oct 29, 2023
People are irrational

Reactions: sensitiveguy and pthnrdnojvsc
sensitiveguy

sensitiveguy

Banned troll.
Jun 26, 2024
People are irrational
Universe is irrational.
I just thought it would be interesting to share a Quora thread. These people are enlightened beings for sure.

It's a feeling you can't figure it out unless you are deeply in love with someone.

Last edited:
trappedinthislife

trappedinthislife

Student
May 13, 2024
Because for many, the world isn't cruel. It can be a wonderful place, just not for everyone.
People seem to forget that your life does not reflect that of others. Like, you have to remember that not everyone will live a good life like you. Some people will have horrible lives.

L

lamargue

sleepwalker
Jun 5, 2024
fulfilling a biological purpose. all justification of the act is tied into an instinct, which is considered normal. societal pressure is subservient to this aim

Reactions: Lost in a Dream
Lost in a Dream

Lost in a Dream

He/him - Metal head
Feb 22, 2020
It wouldn't be so cruel if we had the freedom to leave once we were here. If Death with Dignity was available to me, I wouldn't feel like life is a prison anymore.

Only reason why people do it is because most don't realize how hard it is to protect their kids until it's too late. Best protection is to never have them or allow the people who don't like life to leave peacefully.

innominesatanas44

innominesatanas44

🇷🇸
Feb 16, 2023
So that they can die in war for their supreme leader obviously.