nico_wren

nico_wren

Maggot (they/them)
Feb 14, 2023
I sit at work with 8, maybe 9 other employees. They all sit away from me and talk, and whisper. My paranoia is so bad I KNOW they must be talking about me, but I guess that'd make me pretty narsacistic wouldn't it? They'll come over maybe once or twice the whole 10 hour shift and ask a question but NEVER do they include me in anything. It feels like they want me to feel excluded on purpose. Like an outsider. I do nothing but be nice and polite when I hate most of them at this point. So, what even is the point of trying anymore? Sometimes I think I should just get a new job. They say everyone is hiring, but that's such bullshit. I have a decent enough resume and somehow NO ONE WILL TAKE ME! I hate customer service and I just don't think I can do this anymore.

• Hugs
Reactions: Endex, LocalAngel, Lonerzepam and 3 others
F

Forever Sleep

Earned it we have...
May 4, 2022
I'm so sorry. It does feel horrible to be excluded. Do you actually want to be friends with them though? I agree that it's cruel to exclude you but maybe you can try and reason with yourself- why would you WANT to be associated with people who act so cruelly and immaturely?

Honestly, I don't think it's all that easy to force yourself to be like them- in order to fit in. I've actually had more success just ignoring people like that for the main part. Obviously be polite- but don't go out your way to be friendly- don't kind of beg for their friendship- if that makes sense. Let them come to you for stuff and if they don't- no big loss.

You're at work anyway- it certainly would be nice to work in a nice atmosphere but it's not like you CAN even be that sociable at work. (In my experience anyway- my bosses have always been pissed off if people were talking too much.)

Do you have friends outside of work? I think it may be better to seek out genuine people with similar ideas and interests- rather than try and make these people like you. I wish you all the best- whatever you decide to do.

Reactions: Endex
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
That does sound like a tiring situation to be in and those people do sound quite insensitive. It's very much understandable as to why you would feel frustrated being in that situation, but anyway I wish you the best.

nico_wren

nico_wren

Maggot (they/them)
Feb 14, 2023
I'm so sorry. It does feel horrible to be excluded. Do you actually want to be friends with them though? I agree that it's cruel to exclude you but maybe you can try and reason with yourself- why would you WANT to be associated with people who act so cruelly and immaturely?

Honestly, I don't think it's all that easy to force yourself to be like them- in order to fit in. I've actually had more success just ignoring people like that for the main part. Obviously be polite- but don't go out your way to be friendly- don't kind of beg for their friendship- if that makes sense. Let them come to you for stuff and if they don't- no big loss.

You're at work anyway- it certainly would be nice to work in a nice atmosphere but it's not like you CAN even be that sociable at work. (In my experience anyway- my bosses have always been pissed off if people were talking too much.)

Do you have friends outside of work? I think it may be better to seek out genuine people with similar ideas and interests- rather than try and make these people like you. I wish you all the best- whatever you decide to do.
It's less wanting a friendship, and more wanting them to just not be so mean. I also don't have friends outside of work sadly. I go to college, go to work, and go to sleep. No social life at all really outside of my boyfriend. I also work at a place where it's encouraged to talk and show a friendly and inviting atmosphere, so being left out also just makes me look bad. I really don't know what to do, but thank you for the best wishes :)

• Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: Endex and Forever Sleep