BroodingBleu

BroodingBleu

MtF
Feb 16, 2023
As my title would suggest, I've been having odd reactions to things that normally make me happy or content.

For example, I like to watch happy and heartfelt movies and videos from time to time to restore my faith in humanity a little have a hard day at work. However, for some reason the last few week, every time I watch something that would usually make me feel a little better, it makes me even sadder, maybe shedding some tears here and there for no particular reason I can comprehend.

Does anyone have any opinions on why this may be, or perhaps you can relate to this feeling? I can't find a word to describe it.

Reactions: Dead Ghost and rationaltake
Zegers

Zegers

Enlightened
Dec 15, 2021
I can relate. watching a film or some videos. I would say it's because that's not how your life is.

• Love
Reactions: BroodingBleu
Unsure and Useless

Unsure and Useless

Drifting Aimlessly without Roots
Feb 7, 2023
I guess it kind of depends? The reason can differ from person to person, but, from my experience at least, it's usually because of the awareness that it won't last forever, that there is always something and out there counteracting this good.

For example, you're watching a nice video of some kind individual going out of their way to save some abandoned puppies on the side of the road, and they make a small event out of it dedicated to housing abandoned animals so that they can find better homes. However, a part of you may ask: "What happens after this?" At some point, the fame behind this event will fade away, and soon enough, it won't matter anymore. Most people will stop housing these animals because, well, the hype's over.

But that's just my take on it.

• Love
Veronica Sawyer

Veronica Sawyer

Feb 22, 2023
When I'm really depressed I struggle with seeing media that's positive or is supposed to be heartwarming. At least for me I tend to see depictions of others being happy and all I can really think is something like "I'll never have that." The feeling is usually worse if I relate to the characters more, it's like my mind just rejects any hope that I could get better. Not sure if it's similar for you, but that's how it is for me, just envy and hopelessness.

• Love
Reactions: Zegers, rationaltake and BroodingBleu
WorthlessTrash

WorthlessTrash

Worthless
Apr 19, 2022
Because they cannot acquire the "happy things".

• Love
L

lionetta12

Just a random person
Aug 5, 2022
As my title would suggest, I've been having odd reactions to things that normally make me happy or content.

For example, I like to watch happy and heartfelt movies and videos from time to time to restore my faith in humanity a little have a hard day at work. However, for some reason the last few week, every time I watch something that would usually make me feel a little better, it makes me even sadder, maybe shedding some tears here and there for no particular reason I can comprehend.

Does anyone have any opinions on why this may be, or perhaps you can relate to this feeling? I can't find a word to describe it.
If you're not happy and your life is not like those movies then it can make you sad. I thought about some happy moments with my ex today when I was on the way home and I started crying because I don't have it anymore and that made me sad.

• Aww..
  • Love
Reactions: WorthlessTrash, BroodingBleu and rationaltake
mrkillmyself

mrkillmyself

if only it were that easy
Feb 25, 2023
If you're not happy and your life is not like those movies then it can make you sad. I thought about some happy moments with my ex today when I was on the way home and I started crying because I don't have it anymore and that made me sad.
I heavily agree with that. Watching stuff like Bojack Horseman helped me in a lot of moments because i could relate to a lot of stuff happening on the show.

• Love
jodes2

jodes2

Hello people ❤️
Aug 28, 2022
That sucks. Yeah I get mixed reactions from things although usually it's apathy. It sucks not being interested in anything

• Love