• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

MindFrog

MindFrog

:Professional Hypocrite:
Nov 19, 2020
Because it's inherently anti capitalist. Being one with nature, growing your own food, having a tightly knit community impedes monopoly over resources.

So its useless to preserve these cultures unless its commodified in some way.

S

Scythe

Lost in a delusion
Sep 5, 2022
At first, technology meant to make it easier for us so we don't have to hunt or gather and can do other stuff, and at the very beginning, technology was probably actually good, it was useful and made the cavemen's lives easier. Then it escalated from there. Now we're so fragile and backwards evolved there's no way to go back into nature. Well, technically we can, but the chances are we won't live long.

leavingthesoultrap

leavingthesoultrap

(ᴗ_ ᴗ。)
Nov 25, 2023
There was no good time in the past. Life always sucked.
You think that living in a tribe would be easier? You would have to keep perfect relationships with each member in order to not be an outcast. People don't realise that being an individual is a modern privilege. Then what would you do when stronger tribe shows up and raid you? What if your crops fail?

Professor K

Professor K

your eyes vacant and stained
Feb 9, 2023
I have been thinking about the exact same thing...

Hell, if there hadn't been any war conflicts in my country in the 20th century, I wouldn't have been in France, in a civilized society and instead I would've been in the mountains with all of my family/tribe.
It would've been so much better, a simpler mor fulfilling life though cheap and mayhap a bit risky, I keep thinking about this parallel life.
My family still lives there but is influenced by civilization and I can't even speak their language fluently.
Even if I did I wonder if it could be possible for me to change my life so radically; my exposure to this society and this culture can't be forgotten: school, language, internet, people I know...

I feel trapped by my own habits and obligations this is so ridiculous. Who knows, I might snap and never come back one day. However I think I prefer ctb.

Good interrogation, I also can't stop pondering about it

Ambivalent1

Ambivalent1

We have such sights to show you 👁️
Apr 17, 2023
There was no good time in the past. Life always sucked.
You think that living in a tribe would be easier? You would have to keep perfect relationships with each member in order to not be an outcast. People don't realise that being an individual is a modern privilege. Then what would you do when stronger tribe shows up and raid you? What if your crops fail?
Relationships in a tribe were stressful? I thought everyone had each other's back.

sserafim

sserafim

消えたい
Sep 13, 2023
The issue is that humans are social animals. I wish that we could've been solitary animals instead

Reactions: Ambivalent1
Ferdinand Bardamu

Ferdinand Bardamu

DO YOU WANT TOTAL WAR?
Feb 22, 2024
I'm assuming they either mean hunter-gatherer like Paleolithic or they mean agrarian society like dawn of neolithic. Idk 🤷‍♀️

If they mean "pre-christian" then can I say, because "GOD said so" @sserafim
>reads the unabomber manifesto ONCE

Reactions: sserafim
Terry A. Davis

Terry A. Davis

Aug 28, 2023
It's a question I've asked myself a lot over the last few years. I think theres a mixture of happenstance and planning involved in it all. People naturally want an easier life if they can find it but the consequences of an invention that makes your life easier is it will create more complexity in the long run.

For instance, let's say we think about the first person to invent iron tools and weapons. On the one hand it made his tools stronger and last longer thus making his life easier, in another way it opened up an entirely new economy and job market. People begin to learn how to do metalurgy and its a process that takes a long time, students become proficient and to make their own lives easier, they begin to find ways of making the weapons easier so they hire miners to dig the iron thus opening up another category of jobs and economy.

and so on.

That isn't to say what we've arrived at where we are based on happenstance and innocence. The invention of the printing press was used by the state to change peoples opinons about certain topics. It also allowed oral traditions to be written down and 'looked at' by the 'outside men'. You think they didnt use it to try to understand their enemy?

Reactions: Pluto and sserafim
A

AnneHiro

a miserable little pile of secrets
Mar 9, 2024
Being a social outcast was a literal death sentence for most of human history.

• Aww..
Reactions: Ambivalent1