Shinkansen

Shinkansen

life is pain
Jul 14, 2020

it's by far the most used method, and is performed by people of all kinds: men, women, children, adults, rich, poor, of all nationalities and historical periods.
it really seems like the easiest way to die.
even in the videos it seems extremely easy: people tie the rope around their neck and let themselves go, and the force of gravity does the rest.

but then why do I have so many doubts?
I chose the full suspension which is the safest hanging method, I have found a perfect place to do it without being disturbed by anyone, I have the best rope I've found in a naval store, and I can make all the knots I need with my eyes closed.

yet, despite all this, I am still afraid that something will go wrong, that because of some divine intervention I will remain alive.
I'm afraid that losing consciousness is not enough to die, and my eyes reopen in this world of shit, despite having all the information, I'm still full of doubts.

I really want to leave this world, but I'm afraid this shitty life won't let me.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: rejected, Lostandlooking, YellowSneakers and 19 others
T

TimeToBiteTheDust

Visionary
Nov 7, 2019
I read days ago about a 8-year-old boy who ctb by hanging. A 8-YEAR-OLD BOY I wonder how did he know how to do it. Sometimes it suprises me how kids manage to ctb.

• Wow
  • Aww..
Reactions: rejected, Ksab, Homecoming and 8 others
RC90

RC90

Experienced
Sep 13, 2020
There was 2 celebrities that done partial. And succeeded. How come we can't? Last time I tried my head nearly exploded.

Reactions: inactive, Homecoming, Cowtipper and 7 others
T

TheQ22

Enlightened
Aug 17, 2020
We probably way overthink it while kids etc just do it.

Reactions: rejected, hopelessdreams, Meditation guide and 8 others
Meditation guide

Meditation guide

Always was, is, and always shall be.
Jun 22, 2020
I wonder about this all the time. Kids do it in the bathroom at their schools. Mick Jagger's ex girlfriend did it with a black scarf tied to a doorknob. Robin Williams did it impulsively with a belt. People in jail do it with a bedsheet. Yet here we are endlessly discussing how to do it. I can't figure it out and I even had a book with forensic police photos of people who had done it. One man was lying on his back under a table with the rope draped down over the edge of the table.
I wonder if anyone has ever done it with a douchebag because that's what I feel like.

• Love
  • Wow
Reactions: LADY007, inactive, Smokey8484 and 13 others
death137

death137

miserable
Jun 25, 2020
I wonder about this all the time. Kids do it in the bathroom at their schools. Mick Jagger's ex girlfriend did it with a black scarf tied to a doorknob. Robin Williams did it impulsively with a belt. People in jail do it with a bedsheet. Yet here we are endlessly discussing how to do it. I can't figure it out and I even had a book with forensic police photos of people who had done it. One man was lying on his back under a table with the rope draped down over the edge of the table.
I wonder if anyone has ever done it with a douchebag because that's what I feel like.
Some years ago I read a man doing it with a napkin.

• Wow
Reactions: Homecoming, nitroautnz, Cowtipper and 3 others
F

fat feet

Throw away.
Sep 1, 2020
There was 2 celebrities that done partial. And succeeded. How come we can't? Last time I tried my head nearly exploded.
I would speculate, access to better drugs?
We probably way overthink it while kids etc just do it.
I believe the over thinking it, is it.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ramirez, Cowtipper, Huntfish34 and 1 other person
Shinkansen

Shinkansen

life is pain
Jul 14, 2020
Park Yong-ha, a South Korean actor, committed suicide at the age of 32, in 2010.
was found dead by his mother at his home in Seoul, hanging from a camcorder charger cable.

• Aww..
Reactions: GoneGoneGone, nitroautnz, Cowtipper and 2 others
A

Addi_Madd

Sep 12, 2020
"Yet here we are endlessly discussing how to do it."

Remember as a subject-specific message board we are a self selecting group within people with suicidal ideation. We gathered here specifically because we wanted to discuss, strategise, analyse, etc. Not all suicidal people interact online with likeminded people, whether they are just contemplating, attempt and fail, or complete.

Reactions: Lostandlooking and Cowtipper
I

inflammed123

Student
Sep 9, 2020
most people have several attempts before success. likely not their first try.

Reactions: rejected and Rn110bg101
Eurus

Eurus

Everything Must Cease.
Sep 30, 2019
Full suspension for me,did it last time but was found.simple as just saying goodbye and dropping.

Reactions: rejected, Worndown, inactive and 2 others
M

mapletree

Student
Aug 22, 2020
Whenever I look up instructions for some type of hanging I feel like I'm in a Gary Larson cartoon

Reactions: Meditation guide and defott
Rn110bg101

Rn110bg101

I want to go home
Apr 18, 2019
My feeling exactly. It's so easily done by other people, the instructions seem so simple, but I literally cannot do it. My head bloats no matter what I do.

After The End

After The End

The lily whispers, “I wait.”
Jul 31, 2019
This is just survivor-ship/confirmation bias, though the first is somewhat ironically named.

If Wikipedia had a https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_people_who_failed_to_hang_themselves page it would be vastly longer. The information is not available for roughly the same reason you can find lists of people who won major jackpots in lotteries, but no lists of people who didn't.

Even many people who do ultimately succeed at hanging (or any other suicide method for that matter) have failed attempts in the past.

Last edited:
Reactions: Lostandlooking, demuic, GoneGoneGone and 2 others
D

defott

Sep 16, 2020
This really hits home for me. Why do we even care about the risk so much when the idea is we'll be gone anyways? Wouldn't the discomfort be worth it?

Deleted member 17949

Deleted member 17949

Visionary
May 9, 2020
I mean it has around 85% success rathe if I remember correctly so it works fairly well, though nowhere near perfectly. A lot of people here seem to either overthink it in an attempt to reach unrealistic levels of perfection or overestimate how clean it will be and fixate on the golden partial where you just look at the noose for half a second and all your blood instantly stops and you die without feeling a thing.

• Love
Reactions: AnotherBrick, GoneGoneGone, Eurus and 1 other person
JSRF

JSRF

Student
May 30, 2018
Wondered about that aswell especially since hanging isn't a method you just do impulsively since you need to set up the rope first. You also often read about how someone hanged himself with the most random item like a pullover or bedsheet or whatever while we discuss the perfect rope material. Some people are just DOers I guess.

XYZ

XYZ

I just can’t get these damn wrists to bleed
Jul 22, 2020
Because you only hear "X died by hanging".

You don't know every excruciating detail, the horrors that were before, the long hours they spent chaffing their hands in despair, or how many failed attempts they suffered through.

It looks easy because you only see the end result, not the whole story.

Besides there's no telling the actual radio of successful to unsuccessful hangings, since far from all unsuccessful attemps are reported.

Last edited:
Reactions: Lostandlooking, YellowSneakers, GoneGoneGone and 3 others
Meditation guide

Meditation guide

Always was, is, and always shall be.
Jun 22, 2020
Wondered about that aswell especially since hanging isn't a method you just do impulsively
Actually it is for lots of people. I watched a video of a 12 year old girl on youtube who hung herself on live cam. She simply showed herself climbing up a tree, tying the rope to a branch then around her neck and jumping. She had mentioned it the day before on her video live stream that it had just occurred to her to do it. Yes you need a rope or something but people just grab whatever is handy they have around the house.

Reactions: death137
AlreadyGone

AlreadyGone

Taking it day by day
Jan 11, 2020
They dont over think it. They just do it. You are worrying about what would happen if you fail. They are only worrying about succeeding.

Reactions: rejected, NegativeSymptoms, AnotherBrick and 4 others
death137

death137

miserable
Jun 25, 2020
Actually it is for lots of people. I watched a video of a 12 year old girl on youtube who hung herself on live cam. She simply showed herself climbing up a tree, tying the rope to a branch then around her neck and jumping. She had mentioned it the day before on her video live stream that it had just occurred to her to do it. Yes you need a rope or something but people just grab whatever is handy they have around the house.
I remember that girl. I watched it when it happened. I think it happened 2 days before European new year calendar. I was surprised she did it in a open area where its very risky to be interrupted. I admire her.

Studio84

Studio84

Archangel
Sep 7, 2020
I had a very long phase in my life where I researched various conspiracy theory's... Quite a few celebrity partial hangings seem like they were "suicided". murdered and covered up to look like suicide. Some were very vocal regarding pedophilia in hollywood eg anthony bourdain, chester bennington etc.... Fuck knows what the truth is but celebrities do seem to have the knack when it comes to this particular method.

G

GoneGoneGone

Enlightened
Apr 1, 2020
It's like seeing some Insta model with lipos, fake boobs, butt implants etc and thinking look how easy it is for her while you sweat at the gym. We don't know what happens behind closed doors. Personally I believe that the celebrities are high as kites. There are also celebrities who might attempt and fail, but we won't hear about them, right?

As for the kids, kids lack inhibition and cannot discern their actions from their outcomes regarding death... This is why you vote when you are 18...

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: fat feet
HappyMstake

HappyMstake

Not so happy as it turns out.
May 29, 2020
I'm sure for most of them it wasn't their first try, and if it was they probably just didn't over think it like a lot of us do. They just do it. When the time comes I hope I have that mentality.

Eurus

Eurus

Everything Must Cease.
Sep 30, 2019
@KiraLittleOwl A bit,mostly discomfort and panic and a sense of helplessness due to air suspension,after some odd amount of time you pass out and fade into the darkness

Reactions: Worndown and Silenos
watsonsmith

watsonsmith

Aug 31, 2020
I have a feeling that there is simply a difference between planning, preparing and "practicing" it that many people do here and actually doing it. That's why many people here get the unpleasant sensations of pressure building up in their heads or not passing out – they are simply not applying enough force (not letting go) to constrict the arteries and then overthink it. Surely there is no harm in discussing the method, but I doubt there are many survivors of a full suspension when done with full commitment.

Personally, because of fear of botching it, my preferred method is now SN, which I ordered today.

• Hugs
Reactions: NegativeSymptoms, Worndown, Lostandlooking and 1 other person
Chupacabra 44

Chupacabra 44

If boredom were a CTB method, I would be long gone
Sep 13, 2020
From reading and thinking and watching just a couple of videos showing CTB, I tend to think that the majority of people who are successful are at a mental state which is highly charged. It seems to me that those of this mindset have a higher likelihood of success.

This is just my opinion from my personal observation, and I'm not certain that I am correct.

This site is so full of deep thinkers it makes me wonder if this is a hindrance when it comes to CTB? Would love to hear other members opinion about this?

K

KiraLittleOwl

Lost in transition
Jan 25, 2019
@KiraLittleOwl A bit,mostly discomfort and panic and a sense of helplessness due to air suspension,after some odd amount of time you pass out and fade into the darkness
Sounds not that bad

L

Leshen

Oct 31, 2018
This site is so full of deep thinkers it makes me wonder if this is a hindrance when it comes to CTB? Would love to hear other members opinion about this?

Overthinking is the bane of my existence, I have to plan every single step and run the scenario in my head countless times, considering all possible outcomes and consequences. Most of the time I come to a conclusion that something will surely go wrong therefore it's not even worth trying... over and over and over... it's not just suicide it's literally EVERYTHING, like I'm fucking paralyzed.

"Normal" people simply do stuff, they're willing to take the risk. If it goes wrong they just wing it... IDK, I wish I could turn off my brain and be more spontaneous.

Reactions: Lostandlooking