F

Final_frontier

Student
Feb 23, 2019
I have suffered from mental illness so much and not even my family has understood the reason why i am the way i am. No one will ever will. I dont care what people think . I jus want it to all end. Should i bother with a note?

Reactions: Sunset764 and Baskol1
Ramirez

Ramirez

Criminally insane
Jun 10, 2019
I'm not gonna. Nothing left to say. But you can if you feel like there's something they should know. some might blame themselves so you could say something like "there's nothing you could have done" or so. I won't tho. My family don't give a shit I won't either.

Reactions: hunthunt and Painted Bird
MakyMy

MakyMy

Jun 21, 2019
I will definitely write a note. I have a lot of things to say and explain. I also plan on social networking. in my country suicide and depression are taboo. Hopefully this will help others, it calms me down very soon. I would certainly write a will written by hand to do not need a notary. I want to refer property to those who deserve it and have been here for me.

T

Thanatos

Outsider
Mar 23, 2018
There is no obligation to leave one but I feel that it helps the living cope and I try to be empathetic even if they're not. I'll just keep mine short and sweet

• Love
Reactions: bea1974 and MakyMy
Soul

Soul

gate gate paragate parasamgate bodhi svaha
Apr 12, 2019
I don't intend to leave any note (maybe one clarifying for the police that it's suicide). The people who matter will hear what's important directly from me.

@Final_frontier, I'm sorry about whatever's led you to contemplate such things. Be gentle with yourself.

Reactions: Baskol1
littlelady774

littlelady774

running on empty
Dec 20, 2018
I think it's common courtesy to leave a note. I'll tell them I love them and not to blame themselves. There's nothing they could have done, etc.

The living always have that guilt after a loved one does suicide. I don't want anyone to feel guilt about me.
I'll say I'm in a lot of pain and just want out.

• Love
Reactions: Kassender, Thanatos, Soul and 2 others
shelledone

shelledone

Aug 4, 2019
I don't really want to leave a note. If I left reasons, they would not understand and wonder why I didn't try such and such or why I let that bother me. It's how they respond to worries to I do express.

There's no way to completely convey my reasons and feelings, which would make my position look "weak" and open to nonproductive over-analyzation.

If I leave I note, it might just be positive and not touch on reasons or mention how they should react to my act. I was thinking of a simple Thank You, because I am indeed grateful for what love and kindness I have received, but I wonder if even that might be taken the wrong way.

Lookingforabus

Lookingforabus

Arcanist
Aug 6, 2019
Entirely up to you, of course, but I'm leaving a bunch of notes. One for the cops that clearly, factually states this a suicide (so they can close their investigation quickly and eff off without digging through my life and harrasing my loved ones for months), a personalized "I love you, thanks for the good times, etc." for each of the important people in my life, and more generic "here's the long, sad story of my life, don't blame yourself" letter to accompany the personalized one. And multiple copies of the last two, since cops have a habit of seizing suicide notes.

If my loved ones can't accept it, or don't understand, that's on them, but I'm going to at least do what I can to let them know how I feel, and minimize the impact of my departure.