• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

housecat

housecat

Apr 5, 2019
This has probably been asked before, but I can't help but wonder why the rates of suicide and depression aren't considerably higher. My life is technically good, but I find existence hard. So many people must lead such difficult and sad lives... how do they do it? Does everyone feel unhappy but have the strength to just get on with life? Do they feel differently? Do they just not think about it? Does their conscience or religion stop them? Or do you think it actually is more common than most people realise?

Reactions: Numbtopain97, TheFinalCountdown, JohnUK and 3 others
DepressionsAHo

DepressionsAHo

Heaven gained a new ho
Feb 15, 2019
I've said this before and I'll say it again
I believe every single person in this world has thought about suicide at least once In their life. A few make active plans on it because suicide is a hard thing to do and most suicide attempts fail
Also,
Why aren't they higher?
It's the 10th leading cause of death in the United States, the rest are physical diseases and one is simply old age

Reactions: About_to_Go, housecat, Manaaja and 3 others
M

Marawa

HereButNot
Dec 30, 2018
Cause Jesus, Allah & the devil. Because we're wired to seek health. Not enough wars with the right people. Because some lucky bastards are happy. idk

Reactions: Manaaja and Final Escape
not-2-b-the-answer

not-2-b-the-answer

Archangel
Mar 23, 2018
I feel the same that has already been mentioned. Fear of failure... ending up a vegetable... There isn't easy access to N or living overseas where it's legal.
And ….. RELIGION !!! :angry:

Reactions: housecat, Manaaja, Final Escape and 1 other person
A

Addy92

Student
Mar 24, 2019
It's the number one cause of death in the UK for men.

• Hmph!
Reactions: FTL.Wanderer, Manaaja and Final Escape
F

Final Escape

I’ve been here too long
Jul 8, 2018
If it was easy to check out we would all be dead lol! It's not even hope that keeps me going, it's the survival instinct. Quitting adderall made me less suicidal, I might need to go back on to overcome the survival instinct lol! Jus kidding I can't go back on that, it was miserable by the end. Felt like shit everyday.

Reactions: About_to_Go, housecat and Chalken
Chalken

Chalken

Decaying
Nov 20, 2018
It's one thing to have suicidal ideation and it's another thing to successfully commit suicide. There are roughly 25 attempts at suicide for every one success. That amount of attempts is a lot higher for young people and lower for the elderly. Also, in many cases a surefire method is not easily accessible, so the fear of the results of a half-assed attempt is terrifying. That and the survival instinct.

Reactions: 21Neberg, NumbItAll, housecat and 1 other person
housecat

housecat

Apr 5, 2019
That's interesting to know. I don't know if it's reassuring to know that so many people feel the same way, or just plain sad that so many people suffer while nothing improves. It's a curious issue.

Mr2005

Mr2005

Don't shoot the messenger, give me the gun
Sep 25, 2018
Because they make it as hard as possible

Reactions: FTL.Wanderer, Addy92, About_to_Go and 2 others
Meretlein

Meretlein

Feb 15, 2019
Survival instinct, societal and personal values, scared to hurt family, and lack of knowledge about methods.

Reactions: About_to_Go, Final Escape, JohnUK and 1 other person
JohnUK

JohnUK

Student
Feb 15, 2019
Not most people but suicide would be more common if the factors I mentioned above were absent.
You could say another factor would be because news outlets on the Internet tv radio etc are resistant to read about suicide incase they cause spikes in suicide. Or they don't want to be sued by pro lifers

housecat

housecat

Apr 5, 2019
Not most people but suicide would be more common if the factors I mentioned above were absent.
I only ask because part of my surprise is that more people don't feel the want or need to. I wasn't sure if you were suggesting that they do. Just checking.
No, but if they have shit lives yes.
I think that's what so strange to me; that so many people do have shit lives, but they carry on.

Last edited:
TheFinalCountdown

TheFinalCountdown

Student
Mar 25, 2019
I wonder about this a lot. I'm told it's because people are happy but I don't believe it. I suspect it has more to do with a lack of introspection on most people's part and that they just sort of operate on "auto-pilot".

I also think suicide is under-reported by huge margin in most countries for social and political reasons

Reactions: FTL.Wanderer and housecat
T

top_cat

Feb 21, 2019
I think that's what so strange to me; that so many people do have shit lives, but they carry on.

I think people forget about how feasible suicide really is. It actually isn't the "easy way out". Firstly because of survival instinct, fear of hell, but the other reason is think about if you live in a developing country or in cavemen times...How the fuck could one actually kill themselves painlessly?

I actually think suicide doesn't go against human evolution. I think both can coexist. The reason why suicide was uncommon is because of the painful methods of death.