F

Final Escape

I’ve been here too long
Jul 8, 2018
I'm not going to leave a note. There's really nothing to say. My life sucks and it was time to go because I know It will get worse in the foreseeable future.

• Hugs
Reactions: Anthagonos, Exitforme, Red and 1 other person
Lupgevif

Lupgevif

Jul 23, 2020
I think the most I'll do is leave an apology to the people I consider the closest in my life. I've thought about writing an elaborate letter, multiple letters and even making a playlist with some songs that I relate with/are related with my life experience, but I don't think I could bother anymore. Just a "bye, sorry".

VIBRITANNIA

VIBRITANNIA

lelouch. any pronouns. pfp is by pixiv id 3217872.
Aug 10, 2020
i'm writing a note, but not to explain why i made the choice to ctb. i know saying this makes me an asshole, but i don't owe anyone an explanation for my choices. nothing i say will make anything any better, so all i'll write is what i want done with my body and my possessions and all of that fun stuff.

bravotess

bravotess

I'ma jump ship now before I sink slow
Aug 8, 2020
I have 4 notes written. 1 for each of my 2 kids. 1 for my ex. And 1 for his new girlfriend.

My kids notes are just telling them how much I love them, encouraging them to live their best life, and apologizing for not being a good mom and for leaving.

The note to my ex is thanking him for all the wonderful years we had together, apologizing for not being a better partner, and asking him to take good care of the kids.

The note to his new girlfriend is just 2 sentences. "Why couldn't you get a life of your own? Why did you have to take mine?". She knew he had a long-term girlfriend (17 years and I kid) but chose to be with him anyway.

• Hugs
Reactions: VexRal and Anthagonos
Anthagonos

Anthagonos

Hablo español
Aug 9, 2020
The only note that I will write is about not telling my mother that I passed away voluntary.
They must tell her that was a disease, etc... Maybe if they tell my mother I passed away because I wanted, she will pass away too.

I have nothing to explain and the only person that must know something, my mother, knows the reasons (or must know them) because I pass away. She never helped me when I needed her. To her, helping me is about feeding me and give me a bed where I can sleep. Nothing more. I consider that is not helping a son.

agentgeez

agentgeez

Student
Jun 30, 2020
I don't know how to quantify my suffering or explain it to others. Perhaps I get confused/overwhelmed easily but I feel like there's too many factors, and then I have to worry about presenting these reasons in a note, where even the tiniest change in structure could alter how people process the information in ways I can't predict. In my experience, people tend to interpret things in ways that go along with their own biases or preconceptions, which is natural, but it makes wanting people to understand me impossible most of the time. And honestly none of this matters because I end up realising that I don't care about whether people understand or not, especially since anything that happens in the world will have nothing to do with me once I cease to exist. Wanting to be understood is just another base need of mine that affects even things like posting on this forum, no matter how many times I try to tell myself that being understood by others is arbitrary.

Reactions: not4us and Anthagonos
vacant_n

vacant_n

Aug 13, 2020
I wrote one and when I read it back to myself I hated how sentimental it sounded, even though I was trying to avoid that. I ended up destroying it. It's not like it'll be a mystery why I did it anyway. I'll still most likely leave a short note with logistics and financial info just to make it somewhat easier.

M

mrj

Jul 19, 2020
I am still not sure about it. I feel like if i ever try to explain i give them reasons to think they could have done anything more or blame themselves for anything. On the other hand it also feels somewhat off to just leave without saying anything.
So for me it will probably be something inbetween, like just a last goodbye or something. No explaining or anything

S

stillweary

May 15, 2020
I probably won't. I've learned that nobody listens to anything I say anyway. They'll just come up with their own inaccurate conclusions even if I spell out in a note exactly why I did it. Seems kinda pointless.

TAW122

TAW122

Emissary of the right to die.
Aug 30, 2018
I would likely write a note mainly to let them know it was my decision and mine alone, no one else, and some post-mortem instructions. That is about it as I don't want to get into a long explanation of my reasons and why I chose to CTB. This is because I've learned that people won't read all of it, of those that do will oftenly spin it in such a way that is incorrect (not that it matters to me because I'd be dead by then - but no point in wasting my time and energy just for them to 'not get it' or spin it in their liking), and it wouldn't change much either way. Instead, I have a manifesto that I've already written and planned to spread once my time comes which would be mostly to push pro-choice narratives in an anti-choice world; that's the most impactful thing I can do and much more than appealing to people who just won't get it. Finally, I've listed all my reasons in this forum, for people who will get it and understand it without judgment, spinning, or misrepresentation.