• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

F

floofhook

Sep 24, 2020
Hello guys.
I don't know if this has been asked before but I'm curious regarding the favoritism of pentobarbital compared to Sodium Nitrite or say any other peaceful methods that are more easily achievable.

Would it be really worth it to go the extra mile and possibly commit a crime in order to obtain Pentobarbital? Would it really make that much of a difference

E

everydayiloveyou

Arcanist
Jul 5, 2020
SN is apparently really painful. Maybe less painful than like burning yourself alive, but I certainly don't want to vomit to death and get cured inside out like a Christmas ham.

Pentobarbital is supposed to be relatively painless, fast, and easier than certain other methods like getting a gun or overdosing on street drugs. Professional euthanasia organizations in Europe use it with great success, and even a typical local vet uses it to peacefully euthanize sick pets.

Yes it's illegal, but what method isn't? Jumping off buildings would be trespassing in my area, ODing on heroin is illegal, purposefully drowning in restricted beaches isn't exactly right, and in order to get hit by a car you'd have to be jaywalking. Don't even get started on owning a gun in certain states! Not to mention a lot of the other "painless" methods are not actually painless or accessible. Exit bags can be hit-or-miss, CO2 could kill other people in the same structure as you, hanging is incredibly painful if done wrong and difficult to get right.

Some people just value the ease and painlessness of N. Anyways how would a judge even react to an N trafficking trial? If the person just sits there like "yeah, I illegally possessed a drug for the sole purpose of killing myself and all the evidence proves this," I wonder how harsh of a sentence they'd even get. People have gotten away with much worse so I don't think it'd be the sorta thing that gets you put on a 30 year sentence or anything.

• Love
Reactions: Pookie, waterstrider, Ἡγησίας and 2 others
Nymph

Nymph

he/him
Jul 15, 2020
N is painless and peaceful. It's used in the assisted suicide clinics so it's the good stuff
I don't have access to N and don't have enough money to try and get it so I settled for SN

Reactions: it's_all_a_game, Pookie, waterstrider and 2 others
BipolarGuy

BipolarGuy

Enlightened
Aug 6, 2020
SN is apparently really painful. Maybe less painful than like burning yourself alive, but I certainly don't want to vomit to death and get cured inside out like a Christmas ham.
Oh shit!

Is this true?

OnlyTheWind

OnlyTheWind

Serena / Meatball head
Aug 29, 2020
I would argue that barbiturates are the same as inert gas in terms of peacefullness. The latter has a little more preparation, but is legal and more cost effective. I would still love to have N. Hell, if I was ready to go, I'd just get the liquid form.

Reactions: Pookie and Deafsn0w
Deafsn0w

Deafsn0w

I will buy you a dog if you like my posts
Sep 4, 2018
Reactions: it's_all_a_game, graceful-exit, littlelady774 and 2 others
W

WhatIsMyLife

Experienced
Apr 22, 2020
Oh shit!

Is this true?
From documented accounts on here, it's not true. The most severe pain is shortness of breath and a headache. It probably isn't fun, but it wouldn't involve pain you haven't experienced before.

Reactions: Swimbike, AutoTap and littlelady774
Superdeterminist

Superdeterminist

Enlightened
Apr 5, 2020
I would argue that barbiturates are the same as inert gas in terms of peacefullness. The latter has a little more preparation, but is legal and more cost effective. I would still love to have N. Hell, if I was ready to go, I'd just get the liquid form.
I read that N can cause vomiting, but I've also read that users may lose consciousness before vomiting. I wouldn't mind vomiting if N takes effect beforehand, such that the vomiting is either not painful or I'm unconscious at the time of vomiting.

OnlyTheWind

OnlyTheWind

Serena / Meatball head
Aug 29, 2020
I read that N can cause vomiting, but I've also read that users may lose consciousness before vomiting. I wouldn't mind vomiting if N takes effect beforehand, such that the vomiting is either not painful or I'm unconscious at the time of vomiting.

This is the only turn-off for me. I don't like the idea of vomiting, but antiemetics are a part of the procedure I'm sure. I've been wondering whether injecting N would be even faster.

Reactions: LastFlowers
watsonsmith

watsonsmith

Aug 31, 2020
It was described above, or at least hinted at, as being very painful...!

Having read the testimonials of people going out with SN here (there are these two excellent google docs) and other sources on this board, it doesn't really seem to be the case.

However, I am still apprehensive about it, because at the end of the day you are poisoning yourself. It does appear that unconsciousness settles in before you get to experience any major pain resulting from organ failure. My concern is about how much pain we actually endure after becoming unconscious, and whether people who drunk SN to CTB indeed fell unconscious or just became unresponsive. There is an account from a user who witnessed another's CTB through SN, and her last words were apparently "fuck, fuck, fuck" before she drifted away. Was she in pain? Was it just the awareness of death approaching?

Still, from the methods available to me (ie. anything but firearms, N or F), I'd still pick SN. I sometimes still ponder hanging, because at least with hanging I know what kind of pain to expect.

I know you have your SN on the way. Make sure to read this thread: https://sanctioned-suicide.net/threads/sn-resource-page.32633/ (especially the 2 google docs on successes and failures in section 2).

I've been wondering whether injecting N would be even faster.

Apparently it would be difficult to administer the lethal dose yourself, because you would pass out too early.

Last edited:
Reactions: OnlyTheWind
A

Aap

Enlightened
Apr 26, 2020
Cured like a Christmas ham from the inside? This is so remarkably uninformed and just plain wrong that I Actually laughed.

I thought your post was satire until I read a bit more.

Reactions: it's_all_a_game, Nullm, AutoTap and 1 other person
F

floofhook

Sep 24, 2020
Do you think taking a painkiller would help or nah?

Tbh I don't mind a bit of pain as long as the death is guaranteed

watsonsmith

watsonsmith

Aug 31, 2020
Has this been proven, or just assumed?

It was discussed here, among other places: https://sanctioned-suicide.net/threads/nembutal-self-administered-by-iv.16403/#post-669432

The problem is that N is too dilute whilst retaining high potency per mL (the required amount of powder would have to be diluted in 50mL, and the liquid form is commonly supplied in 100mL bottles).

It can be done with a drip, but that requires a whole new level of skill to perform on oneself and it does not have 100% reliability (there is the off chance that the gravity-powered setup becomes disturbed) unless you have a pump.

Last edited:
Reactions: Soul and OnlyTheWind
G

Ghost2211

Archangel
Jan 20, 2020
It was discussed here, among other places: https://sanctioned-suicide.net/threads/nembutal-self-administered-by-iv.16403/#post-669432

The problem is that N is too diluted (the required amount of powder would have to be diluted in 50mL, and the liquid form is commonly supplied in 100mL bottles).

It can be done with a drip, but that requires a whole new level of skill to perform on oneself and it does not have 100% reliability (there is the off chance that the gravity-powered setup becomes disturbed) unless you have a pump.
That's unfortunate. It works much better through injection.

D

Deleted member 23726

Student
Nov 13, 2020

Pentobarbital is supposed to be relatively painless, fast, and easier than certain other methods like getting a gun or overdosing on street drugs. Professional euthanasia organizations in Europe use it with great success, and even a typical local vet uses it to peacefully euthanize sick pets.

Yes it's illegal, but what method isn't? Jumping off buildings would be trespassing in my area, ODing on heroin is illegal, purposefully drowning in restricted beaches isn't exactly right, and in order to get hit by a car you'd have to be jaywalking. Don't even get started on owning a gun in certain states! Not to mention a lot of the other "painless" methods are not actually painless or accessible. Exit bags can be hit-or-miss, CO2 could kill other people in the same structure as you, hanging is incredibly painful if done wrong and difficult to get right.

Some people just value the ease and painlessness of N. Anyways how would a judge even react to an N trafficking trial? If the person just sits there like "yeah, I illegally possessed a drug for the sole purpose of killing myself and all the evidence proves this," I wonder how harsh of a sentence they'd even get. People have gotten away with much worse so I don't think it'd be the sorta thing that gets you put on a 30 year sentence or anything.
Is it true that nitrogen is painful? I heard that it's very peaceful.
Why did he say that inert gas is painful?

Soul

Soul

gate gate paragate parasamgate bodhi svaha
Apr 12, 2019
Is it true that nitrogen is painful? I heard that it's very peaceful.

Why did he say that inert gas is painful?

@imstillhere, I don't see anyone here saying nitrogen or other inert gasses are painful. I see one person saying nutty things about SN, but they were incorrect.

N here is nembutal, not nitrogen; and SN is sodium nitrate.

Reactions: it's_all_a_game, Lostandlooking and AutoTap
D

Deleted member 23726

Student
Nov 13, 2020
@imstillhere, I don't see anyone here saying nitrogen or other inert gasses are painful. I see one person saying nutty things about SN, but they were incorrect.

N here is nembutal, not nitrogen; and SN is sodium nitrate.
Everydayiloveyou said "Not to mention "painless" methods are not actually painless or accessible. Exit bags can be hit or miss" and like why do people prefer N over nitrogen gas if nitrogen gas isn't painful?

LittleBabyNothing

LittleBabyNothing

Suffering Autointoxification
Nov 22, 2020
My concern is ensuring I do it right.
I have metrocloprodide and benzos prescribed for years already. Just waiting on my final ticket to arrive and that it is what I hope for.
I take lansoprozole for stomach acid, do I need to stop this before hand? I don't relish the idea of reflux for my final two weeks. The best antacid to replace it with?
I just searched N to buy in uk and many sites saying can get without prescription and sent discreetly. This surely is too good to be true. What am I missing in my ignorance?

Last edited:
B

BeBraveBrother

Student
Sep 5, 2020

Hm.. why do you Think exit bag is a "hit- Or-miss"?
With the right purity, right amount and right flow rate what do you think could be missed?

Reactions: Tintin
A

AutoTap

Elementalist
Nov 11, 2020
Everydayiloveyou said "Not to mention "painless" methods are not actually painless or accessible. Exit bags can be hit or miss" and like why do people prefer N over nitrogen gas if nitrogen gas isn't painful?
Think it's because setting up and obtaining the nitrogen is complex. In some areas the nitrogen is as hard to get as N apparently

Soul

Soul

gate gate paragate parasamgate bodhi svaha
Apr 12, 2019
My concern is ensuring I do it right.
I have metrocloprodide and benzos prescribed for years already. Just waiting on my final ticket to arrive and that it is what I hope for.
I take lansoprozole for stomach acid, do I need to stop this before hand? I don't relish the idea of reflux for my final two weeks. The best antacid to replace it with?
I just searched N to buy in uk and many sites saying can get without prescription and sent discreetly. This surely is too good to be true. What am I missing in my ignorance?

I'm sorry about whatever brought you here, but: You need to be very careful of scammers. Some people have gone through horrendous shit including blackmailing and physical violence when they tried unfamiliar people offering N. Please read up on it, and be very careful.

https://sanctioned-suicide.net/threads/suicide-resource-compilation.3/
With the right purity, right amount and right flow rate what do you think could be missed?

Our bodies are acting under prehistoric orders to stay alive, and will tear bags off heads even when unconscious. Also, certain lung problems aren't compatible with exit bags.

Sorry I missed that. Saying something isn't painless doesn't mean it's painful. N tastes nasty but is by all accounts as close to surefire, quick and peaceful as one can get.

I'd use nitrogen if I could but I have one of those stupid lung problems that get in the way.

Last edited:
E

everydayiloveyou

Arcanist
Jul 5, 2020
It's easy to mess up, someone who doesn't set things up properly or otherwise doesn't have access to the right materials can end up not successfully dying. They might not be properly inhibited before their attempt either, and end up ripping the bag off their heads due to survival instinct. There are posts on here and elsewhere about that sort of thing happening with exit bags. Also in some areas it is very hard to get a sufficiently large tank of pure helium or nitrogen without jumping through some hoops. Some people live with family and could not hide the materials or ensure they would be alone for long enough. Also the risk of disability due to being found too early is possible. but of course that can happen with hanging or gunshot or overdose too.

But the original question was about why people prefer N to SN or other accessible and legal methods. People choose their methods for a variety of reasons, it's not always all about what's totally foolproof, legal, accessible, and/or easy. Some methods are not objectively painful but are still very unappealing. I personally want to avoid SN because I find the whole possibility of vomitting/getting a stomach ache stuff very scary. Someone else might not be turned off by that, but feel like a gunshot would be too painful even if it's objectively one of the quickest and easiest methods in countries with access to guns. And if done right (aimed at the brain stem) you'd probably be dead before you could feel the pain, thus you end up not feeling any pain at all.

There are lots of foolproof and accessible methods, but many people deliberately plan to go by N or some other method instead. Maybe they just cant get a gun, or they don't live by a body of water or busy roadway, or theyre scared of the pain or the 1% chance that they fail. The point is this is the last decision people will ever make for themselves. The hope that they will die peacefully, honorably, easily in that lonely and painful moment tends to outweigh the legality or accessibility of a method.

Reactions: Tintin
hoping to lose hope

hoping to lose hope

<3 Message me to trade music <3
Nov 14, 2020
Nothing I have read even from thsose that reportedly survived as "saved" indicates this at all.
Can you provide a source because
1. I am very curious myself if it is true contary to what I read
2. it looks like misinformation
From what I have read with how it works it should not be this painful even when people accidentally get poisoned it does not seem like you describe.
The way that it actually kills you does not seem to give credence to this painful death either.

Reactions: Bonkers, LastFlowers and Soul
D

Deleted member 23726

Student
Nov 13, 2020
Having read the testimonials of people going out with SN here (there are these two excellent google docs) and other sources on this board, it doesn't really seem to be the case.

However, I am still apprehensive about it, because at the end of the day you are poisoning yourself. It does appear that unconsciousness settles in before you get to experience any major pain resulting from organ failure. My concern is about how much pain we actually endure after becoming unconscious, and whether people who drunk SN to CTB indeed fell unconscious or just became unresponsive. There is an account from a user who witnessed another's CTB through SN, and her last words were apparently "fuck, fuck, fuck" before she drifted away. Was she in pain? Was it just the awareness of death approaching?

Still, from the methods available to me (ie. anything but firearms, N or F), I'd still pick SN. I sometimes still ponder hanging, because at least with hanging I know what kind of pain to expect.

I know you have your SN on the way. Make sure to read this thread: https://sanctioned-suicide.net/threads/sn-resource-page.32633/ (especially the 2 google docs on successes and failures in section 2).

Apparently it would be difficult to administer the lethal dose yourself, because you would pass out too early.

I read what you said about SN and how one woman shouted fuck fuck fuck before death. Would this pain or panic happen with nitrogen or nembutal?

B

BeBraveBrother

Student
Sep 5, 2020
I read what you said about SN and how one woman shouted fuck fuck fuck before death. Would this pain or panic happen with nitrogen or nembutal?

It isn't clear what meaning that "fuck fuck fuck" really has. Some start to shout it when in a rollercoaster. But as people vomit from SN it is quite obvious that it doesn't seem to be the most pleasant way to die.
People who tried Nitrogen are reporting that they don't notice anything at all until they loose conciousness, which is most often between 15-40 secounds after putting a bag or mask on.
You can watch what happens to people taking nembutal as it is documented in live documentaries i.e. on vimeo "choose to die" by Terry Prachett or
Michelle C. , french women in switzerland: (search for michelle causse on youtube if the link doesn't work)

An old german couple in switzerland:

But without being sure that the nembutal is pure and not having the right medical instructions it is almost impossible to do it with nembutal .

With Nitrogen it is the brain and other nerv cells that are dying first as those cells are most vulnerable under significant lack of oxygen. With nembutal people start "sleeping" and die afterwards as they are getting resporitory depression - then apnea and their heart stops to beat.

I am wondering if using (pure) nitrogen is maybe even superior to nembutal if rightly handled as the brain is the first organ to die then.

Reactions: it's_all_a_game and Tintin
D

Deleted member 23726

Student
Nov 13, 2020
It isn't clear what meaning that "fuck fuck fuck" really has. Some start to shout it when in a rollercoaster. But as people vomit from SN it is quite obvious that it doesn't seem to be the most pleasant way to die.
People who tried Nitrogen are reporting that they don't notice anything at all until they loose conciousness, which is most often between 15-40 secounds after putting a bag or mask on.
You can watch what happens to people taking nembutal as it is documented in live documentaries i.e. on vimeo "choose to die" by Terry Prachett or
Michelle C. , french women in switzerland: (search for michelle causse on youtube if the link doesn't work)

An old german couple in switzerland:

But without being sure that the nembutal is pure and not having the right medical instructions it is almost impossible to do it with nembutal .

With Nitrogen it is the brain and other nerv cells that are dying first as those cells are most vulnerable under significant lack of oxygen. With nembutal people start "sleeping" and die afterwards as they are getting resporitory depression - then apnea and their heart stops to beat.

I am wondering if using (pure) nitrogen is maybe even superior to nembutal if rightly handled as the brain is the first organ to die then.

With nembutal, what organ dies first? Do you think nitrogen is really painless? Also, do both methods cause the person who is dying to have weird dreams before dying? My biggest fear is having nightmares while im dying