N

noname223

Angelic
Aug 18, 2020
I don't have that much time for this thead. Maybe it is detrimental to write it under time pressure. But I try to be nuanced.
Disclaimer: I am no mental health expert but I read a lot of literature some years ago. Take it with a grain of salt.

First of all Kanye's antisemitism is horrible, disgusting, a hate crime and most of it is completely objectively false.

Though this man is in a mental health crisis and I kind of worry that when he crashes from mania into depression and realizes his behavior that he will commit suicide due to the extreme damage he has caused. For me worse than Kanye are some actors who try to take advantage of Kanye in order to promote their political ideology.

Moreover I have to say I don't know Kanye's fully history. And remote diagnosis in psychology don't have a high reputation despite the fact you read them a lot in the media. Thus I cannot really clarify how much ouf Kanye's antisemitism is pathological and and how much stems from real conviction.

So the main question for this thread is why do delusional people tend to stereotypical thinking when they are in a mental health crisis. (i.e. delusional). I have bipolar like Kanye and I had two psychosis so far. I have met a lot of delusional people in psychiatry. Also antisemites, but also people who believed to be Jesus, or having superpowers etc.

I am no expert on it. I read a lot of literature on psychosis years ago. I cannot really say why this stereotypical thinking happpens to them in general. Though I try to give an insight into my delusions.

When I have a psychosis or psychotic thoughts I am very paranoid. I often have the delusion people were bullying me. This is probably connected to my time as a teenager when that really happened. These paranoid thoughts were increasing by time. First they were harmless and a little bit overthinking but they became more and more extreme. And after a while for a sane person completely obvious that I had a mental health condition. My psychosis was accompanied with severe anxiety. The people around me would talk negatively behind my back, were laughing at me, write texts on the internet etc. I think being famous is extremely detrimental when one has such a psychotic epsiode. Because the people are really laughing at Kanye and the press writes daily many articles about him.

In my experience there are certain sub-groups of delusional thinkers. Some tend to more superhuman thinking like reading thoughts. I think for the diagnosis there are some differentiation for (non-)superpower thinking. Or when the self is transcending boundaries. I think some people describe it like the own self would vanish. Or that they could connect to other consciousness just by thinking. I am no expert but I think certain drugs can induce similar experiences. In my opinion they are very dangerous. I would be very scared that my self would vanish. But I think this part mostly applies to schizophrenia patients.

When I am paranoid I am extremely overthinking things. For example social interactions. I still tend to that behavior but during a psychosis it was way worse. I interpret facial expressions in an insane way. I ruminate about minor sentences of other people as if there was a hidden message for me. Or like there would be a meta level behind certain conversations.

So maybe to the core of this thread. I think some mental disorders can lead to black-white thinking schemes. Maybe I tend to that too. I had the idea for this thread when I ruminated about a woman from college. I asked myself whether she has a crush on me. It is very unlikely because there are many signs she has a partner. But I still ruminate way too much and I realized many of my thoughts were irrational. I think my own desire to find a partner nudged me into this ruminating.

When I was very manic and very psychotic I interpreted many things in a sexual way. This is not uncommon at all. I have met people who became promiscuous during a manic episode. I read straight men were so hypersexual that they thought they were gay. But many people are ashamed to talk openly afterwards about it.

When I was very anxious I tended to stereotypical thinking. (though far less bad than Kanye). I worried about leftwingers that could cancel me. (I am even leftwinger myself.) I think this stems from my deep rooted fears. For example being seen as an awful person who deserves to suffer. (and this is why they would laugh at me)). Or I thought recently about a neoliberal guy who I feared because I thought he might do not care about vulnerable people like me. By the way he is a cool guy and now we like each other.

When people are portrayed as powerful and evil this can contribute to false stereotypes. There are many wrong conspiracies that even attract very intelligent and healthy people . And when someone who is the psychotic version of a conspiracy theorist the result is something like what we see with Kanye. He went down the wrong rabbit hole. He is the butt of the joke of the whole world and ruins his complete life probably irreversibly.

I think when one is manic or psychotic the most primitive insticts have the control of yourself. I think it is a reaction when one thinks one's own life was in danger. I think this stems often from negative developments of the mind in young age. When people don't learn healthy ways to cope with stress. Or when they were in situation that made them feel very helpless, isolated and threatning for life. When you are delusional you often act erratic and not logical anymore.

So what do you think?

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: onlyanimalsaregood
hungry_ghost

hungry_ghost

جهاد
Feb 21, 2022
All I'm going to say is, there's a lot about J's that people aren't going to like to hear.

A lot of what Ye said was fucking dumb, but some of it is the truth.