• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

ericwilkinson

ericwilkinson

Jun 25, 2019
All the forums I've been to where people condemn suicide the most have demographics of 35-60. It seems that a lot of the older generation along with religious folks (but not always) are extremely close minded with suicide.

Why exactly?

Reactions: Thanatos, Baskol1 and 21Neberg
Ko9

Ko9

Student
Jun 30, 2019
For Christianity it doesn't fit their world view and agenda. ''Every human is a creation by god and has a purpose to be abused by priest blablabla.''

Reactions: cryptic_cynic
Robbyna

Robbyna

Student
Mar 6, 2019
Society is increasingly secular with fewer and fewer people being raised to adhere to religious tenants or if not being directly raised that way being influenced by a society that mostly had been. I do doubt that you will find many people who are pro choice regarding suicide that are not suicidal themselves, and that could also be a factor. Maybe young people are more suicidal than they've ever been?

Reactions: irrelevant_string
Darkhaven

Darkhaven

All i have left is memories
May 19, 2019
Because they believe that our lives and bodies don't belong to us.
To them we are all property of the creature that put us all in this planet.
So by killing ourselves they think that we are stealing something that's not ours and it's a disrespect towards that creature.
And then it's just pure ignorance and "small mindness". Same thing can be said for homophobes and misogynists.

Reactions: YukiFox, ish, paintedhouse and 1 other person
ericwilkinson

ericwilkinson

Jun 25, 2019
Because they believe that our lives and bodies don't belong to us.
To them we are all property of the creature that put us all in this planet.
So by killing ourselves they think that we are stealing something that's not ours and it's a disrespect towards that creature.
And then it's just pure ignorance and "small mindness". Same thing can be said for homophobes and misogynists.

It's insane isn't it. How can our lives not be ours?

If we don't control our lives, what do we control?

Maravillosa

Maravillosa

Господи помилуй — мир в Україні!
Sep 7, 2018
It's insane isn't it. How can our lives not be ours?

If we don't control our lives, what do we control?

Nothing, I suspect. But that is just my opinion :wink:

A

a_strange_day

Arcanist
Jul 16, 2019
I think it's mainly due to generational differences and the way people were raised, you didn't talk openly about suicide or depression 20/30 years ago, if you had it then you just kept it to yourself and managed a way to survive, and if you were "normal" you just didn't care about such "stupidites", so maybe they think that if they had to do it so should you, no easy exit deserved.

religious people are another thing, they just follow what they have been taught to believe in, and that's their right after all

Readytogo227

Readytogo227

I just want peace.
Jun 26, 2018
I grew up around a lot of Christians who believed that people who committed suicide went to Hell because they "murdered themselves" and "played God". or some BS.
Great. So if I ctb, my family will think that I'm going to BBQ for all eternity. :angry:

SelfHatingAspie

SelfHatingAspie

Ambitious but rubbish
Jul 2, 2019
Collective idiocy.

Reactions: Thanatos and Readytogo227
Wayfaerer

Wayfaerer

JFMSUF
Aug 21, 2019
I don't really care what they think. After all, they are fully grown adults who believe in magic.:))

Reactions: Baskol1
Baskol1

Baskol1

No life, no problems
Aug 11, 2019
Because according to them your soul, body, and life belongs to god.
I grew up around a lot of Christians who believed that people who committed suicide went to Hell because they "murdered themselves" and "played God". or some BS.
Great. So if I ctb, my family will think that I'm going to BBQ for all eternity. :angry:

Such a god cant be a good god.