• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

torimandy

torimandy

Fear is the mind killer
Aug 3, 2020
If you attempt and fail or broadcast you have means and a plan, you will end up in a mental health facility in America. There they are going to give you about an hour a week of 1 on 1 therapy and endless group; sessions you get nothing out of because they are geared toward life skills of the lower functioning.

What you should get is a social worker who really cares and has a real line on programs to help ease the ideation and the situation causing it as well as an audience with a state senator and representative from your district and a real lawyer who knows how the system works to lobby the rep and sen to pass legislation and make other programs available to help.

That's is never going to happen though as those are the people that want you sedated on as many unnecessary drugs as they can at the lowest possible cost. Every day peoples civil and actual rights are trampled on and rather than attempt to actually fix the system that created the situation you will be subject to mind altering drugs that have little or no effect except they are geared to make you docile with the inability to fight for what is right.

This is both sad and stupid as I know I am not crazy, but instead beaten down by the predjudice of society to a point where I am not even truly allowed to participate unless I want to be a secret sex toy.

N

neverever

Dec 10, 2020
What you should get is a social worker who really cares and has a real line on programs to help ease the ideation and the situation causing it as well as an audience with a state senator and representative from your district and a real lawyer who knows how the system works to lobby the rep and sen to pass legislation and make other programs available to help.

I agree with your ideas. When I last was hospitalized, I asked to please be assigned to a social worker upon discharge for assistance with my objectively very difficult situation. I was told that my request could not be granted.

S

Symbiote

Global Mod
Oct 12, 2020
American mental health care is still in it's infancy stages at the core. It was about 100 years ago where mental health professionals were practicing frontal lobe lobotomy. They didn't abolish it until the 1960s. Then came ETC, and now they're starting to phase those out. Mental health institutions, a real one, not one of those hospital wings that got turned into a temporary stay shelter for the ill, were closed in the late 1980s sending most of the people out onto the streets.

It wasn't until the early 2000s that suicide awareness started getting noticed, and then in late 2010s it really took off. So if you think about it, the rest of the world is still trial and error on what helps and what doesn't. Maybe it's due to the fact that researchers only know a fraction of what the brain is capable of or how it works.

Teal_Blue_Dreams

Teal_Blue_Dreams

Arcanist
Sep 15, 2020
If you attempt and fail or broadcast you have means and a plan, you will end up in a mental health facility in America. There they are going to give you about an hour a week of 1 on 1 therapy and endless group; sessions you get nothing out of because they are geared toward life skills of the lower functioning.

That's is never going to happen though as those are the people that want you sedated on as many unnecessary drugs as they can at the lowest possible cost. Every day peoples civil and actual rights are trampled on and rather than attempt to actually fix the system that created the situation you will be subject to mind altering drugs that have little or no effect except they are geared to make you docile with the inability to fight for what is right.

This is both sad and stupid as I know I am not crazy, but instead beaten down by the predjudice of society to a point where I am not even truly allowed to participate unless I want to be a secret sex toy.
this is why i wil lie lie lie about how i am feeling bc i know what will happen. those shitty places just make you worse!

Merlay

Merlay

you need to die if you want to go to heaven
Oct 24, 2020

Agreed. The way I see it, not all psychiatrists, doctors, and therapists intend to help those people in need of medical help; they just want the profession, the name, the classification in society, the earnings. It's disappointing.

torimandy

torimandy

Fear is the mind killer
Aug 3, 2020
American mental health care is still in it's infancy stages at the core. It was about 100 years ago where mental health professionals were practicing frontal lobe lobotomy. They didn't abolish it until the 1960s. Then came ETC, and now they're starting to phase those out. Mental health institutions, a real one, not one of those hospital wings that got turned into a temporary stay shelter for the ill, were closed in the late 1980s sending most of the people out onto the streets.

It wasn't until the early 2000s that suicide awareness started getting noticed, and then in late 2010s it really took off. So if you think about it, the rest of the world is still trial and error on what helps and what doesn't. Maybe it's due to the fact that researchers only know a fraction of what the brain is capable of or how it works.
They do what will cost the least and what they get paid the most for. I have met very few who actually understand that if there is nothing you can do to help ease the reasons, just say so, instead of rendering a false diagnosis.
I agree with your ideas. When I last was hospitalized, I asked to please be assigned to a social worker upon discharge for assistance with my objectively very difficult situation. I was told that my request could not be granted.
I was assigned to a social worker that said you are perfectly fine to walk and made me walk 7 miles home upon discharge instead of arranging a ride.

GarageKarate07

GarageKarate07

Wizard
Aug 18, 2020

Its like the DiCaprio movie "The Beach" they hide that kid who gets eaten away so they wont hear him. Then pretend everything is fine while someone is dying only a few yards away. Go to work, pay high bills and high taxes, have no vote on large wars, leave your kids at increasingly degrading schools, no health care, no helping the homeless, no helping the crippled, whores (of many types) on TV and YT and in comercials making more than enough to help poor starving homeless children, and when you say fuck all of that they point at you and say you are not a good person for jumping off the bridge with us. Its fucking insane. "I'm a doctor here are some pills....ingredients? I didnt read it just take the pills!" Remember the person who stood in front of the tanks? Nobody gives 2 fucks about that person. Remember the monk who poured kerosene on himself? Nobody even knows that guys name. But if you vote the way they think you should vote then you are ok. Is there a punchline we dont get? Like WTAF?

Teal_Blue_Dreams

Teal_Blue_Dreams

Arcanist
Sep 15, 2020
They do what will cost the least and what they get paid the most for. I have met very few who actually understand that if there is nothing you can do to help ease the reasons, just say so, instead of rendering a false diagnosis.

I was assigned to a social worker that said you are perfectly fine to walk and made me walk 7 miles home upon discharge instead of arranging a ride.
that is FUCKED UP! i'm sorry love.
Where in all of the world does mental health care really work? Anywhere?
yes, good question? i guess the better question is who is the least shitty? lol