Aug 7, 2020
;-;

• Hugs
Reactions: binturong, foxdie, Meditation guide and 7 others
Amumu

Amumu

Ctb - temporary solution for a permanent problem
Aug 29, 2020
It turns out that I'm an attention whore too. I suggest we build a brothel together. Be careful, it's going to be painful. :hug:

• Love
Reactions: Meditation guide, puppy9, Huntfish34 and 1 other person
Giraffey

Giraffey

Your Orange Crush
Mar 7, 2020
I'm trying to picture what a brothel full of 'attention whores' would actually look like... Do I go in and pay to lavish attention on one unlucky attention whore - $150 to sit and listen to them intently for a whole hour, premium services include taking photos of them in all kinds of costumes and poses (hundreds and hundreds of photos) and liking everything they've ever posted on Facebook, Instagram and Snapchat...

That's if you survive the selection phase of course, where all the attention whores hear the 'customer bell' and come running out vying for attention in a cut-throat battle to the death...

I put way too much thought into that

• Love
Reactions: sadbunny, Meditation guide, puppy9 and 3 others
W

Wisdom3_1-9

he/him/his
Jul 19, 2020
I'm trying to picture what a brothel full of 'attention whores' would actually look like... Do I go in and pay to lavish attention on one unlucky attention whore - $150 to sit and listen to them intently for a whole hour, premium services include taking photos of them in all kinds of costumes and poses (hundreds and hundreds of photos) and liking everything they've ever posted on Facebook, Instagram and Snapchat...
Sadly, I'd probably custom that establishment.

• Hugs
Reactions: Giraffey
P

Peter_pan90

Sep 17, 2020
Maybe you just need to talk, not seeking attention.

• Love
Reactions: almost_dead
G

Ghost2211

Archangel
Jan 20, 2020
Are you just not getting the type of attention you need?

• Love
Reactions: Meditation guide and almost_dead
I

inflammed123

Student
Sep 9, 2020
i dont think you are, you are special :smiling:

• Love
VIBRITANNIA

VIBRITANNIA

lelouch. any pronouns. pfp is by pixiv id 3217872.
Aug 10, 2020
wanting attention isn't inherently a bad thing.

• Love
Reactions: Meditation guide, Giraffey, Ghost2211 and 1 other person
W3akCr3atur3

W3akCr3atur3

Empty and hollow
Aug 3, 2020
As long as you listen to other people and can talk about different things, not only about how bad you feel you aren't an attention whore. Nothing is wrong with trying to get some help when you need it.

• Love
P

Peter_pan90

Sep 17, 2020
You said you like Peter Pan. I'm here for you if you need to chat, vent or whatever.

• Love
Reactions: Meditation guide and almost_dead
Meditation guide

Meditation guide

Always was, is, and always shall be.
Jun 22, 2020
$150 to sit and listen to them intently for a whole hour, premium services include taking photos of them in all kinds of costumes and poses (hundreds and hundreds of photos) and liking everything they've ever posted on Facebook, Instagram and Snapchat...
You can do that for free for most attention whores. Trust me, I fall for attention whores since I dislike it myself. I'm a "good listener" for hours days weeks months and years because that way I don't have to do the talking about myself. Me + Attention Whore = Good match.

• Love
Reactions: sadworld, Giraffey and almost_dead
Giraffey

Giraffey

Your Orange Crush
Mar 7, 2020
wanting attention isn't inherently a bad thing.

I agree with this too. Needing to matter to someone (or anyone), and to be valued is a fundamental human need. We have a lust for belonging and community wired into us instinctively and various studies have shown that isolation and a lack of social life can be bad for our health.

So although I don't know you very well @almost_dead I would still never call you an 'attention whore'. All you posted in your OP was a single emoji and yet several of us have jumped in and commented, I think many of us can instinctively relate to what you expressed. Whatever you want or need to say, even if it's just another hastily dispatched emoji, people are listening. I find myself relating, so what you have to say matters to me - to others reading this thread too.

So keep on expressing yourself, hell, if you just need to spam a bunch of "I HATE LIFE" then start up a thread or drop me or anyone else here a PM and I doubt you'll make it to the second page before one of us asks "You okay? What's happened?".

PS. If you haven't already, you should get a job in marketing

You can do that for free for most attention whores. Trust me, I fall for attention whores since I dislike it myself. I'm a "good listener" for hours days weeks months and years because that way I don't have to do the talking about myself. Me + Attention Whore = Good match.

You and me both @Meditation guide. That feeling when somebody actually wants and values your attention is addictive and I hand it out in spades. I'd sooner be listening to someone narrate a book about themselves, asking copious questions and focusing on finding all the good qualities about that person I can see (the ones nobody else has ever bothered to look for).

I've heard that described as a bad thing, but since when is wrong to find your self-worth in making someone else feel great about themselves (provided you're being genuine). Nice to know I'm not the only one with this affliction anyway

Last edited:
  • Love
Meditation guide

Meditation guide

Always was, is, and always shall be.
Jun 22, 2020
but since when is wrong to find your self-worth in making someone else feel great about themselves (provided you're being genuine).
It's bad trust me. You do not get any attention, consideration, concern, empathy in return which wears away at you over time until you don't have any value to yourself or to the attention whore aside from a pair of ears to listen to them and a mouth to feed them compliments. You are being used.

• Love
Reactions: Ghost2211, Giraffey and almost_dead
BPD Barbie

BPD Barbie

Visionary
Dec 1, 2019
As others have said, wanting attention isn't necessarily a bad thing, I guess it just depends on the kind of attention you're looking for. But from the posts I've seen from you, I wouldn't say you're an attention whore or anything bad. Just someone who's hurting. Sending love ❤️

• Love
Giraffey

Giraffey

Your Orange Crush
Mar 7, 2020
It's bad trust me. You do not get any attention, consideration, concern, empathy in return which wears away at you over time until you don't have any value to yourself or to the attention whore aside from a pair of ears to listen to them and a mouth to feed them compliments. You are being used.

Believe me, I know the pain. The ex-girlfriend who systematically dismantled my life during and after we broke up is a prime example, I nickname her "the parasite" because she seems to exist only to leech off guys (mostly her numerous ex-partners) whenever she needs money or attention. I recognise those feelings of complete worthlessness very well, but I guess for the right man/woman you really can have your cake and eat it.

I've dated women who have also needed a lot of attention but who also really valued it and gave some attention back, those have been happy and fulfilling relationships (and indeed friendships). It's a critical distinction between the people who want to use and abuse, and those who just need a lot of attention/approval in general.

• Love