Iris Blue

Iris Blue

-ˋˏ ༻❁༺ ˎˊ-
Oct 23, 2023
Lately (probably for a couple of months) I've just been filled with so much hate. I take it out on other people and although I really try to control it it seems almost impossible. It feels like I'm literally going to explode with rage almost every second of the day. I absolutely hate it. I can handle wanting to die every day but I can't handle being so mad. I know it affects people I love and care about but it seems so uncontrollable. I've felt like this before and it's just terrible. I'm normally not someone with anger issues. I'm not afraid that I would do anything bad like physically or off someone else because I don't feel it that way. It's all verbal and also mentally. I get very mad, I have huge regret, but then I get mad again and repeat the process all over again.

• Hugs
Reactions: Kit1, Passersby and Praestat_Mori
P

Praestat_Mori

Mori praestat, quam haec pati!
May 21, 2023
Do you have an idea what makes you angry? Changes in your life? Sth that could have triggered this general anger?

Reactions: Kit1
Iris Blue

Iris Blue

-ˋˏ ༻❁༺ ˎˊ-
Oct 23, 2023
Do you have an idea what makes you angry? Changes in your life? Sth that could have triggered this general anger?
Tbh I'm not sure, normally I'm just really sad all the time but there are certain random periods where I'm also angry. I recently moved and that was stressful and something I didn't really want but it was also months before then when I started to just get mad all the time. Normally if I get frustrated with someone they didn't do anything on purpose or big that would cause someone normally to get mad or overreactive.

• Hugs
Reactions: Kit1 and Praestat_Mori
H

helenhopeless

Nov 15, 2023
I've struggled with this... 'anger outbursts' or uncontrollable rage... then afterwards just tonnes of self-guilt and regret... and yet it goes round and round in circles, seemingly uncontrollable however self-aware of it you become.

Unfortunately, I've not figured it out either. But I heavily suspect it has routes in Depression, childhood trauma, or possible even ADHD.

Eating sugar can also majorly affect this. Clear sugar out of your diet (as hard and impossible as that can be) and it will reduce the angry feelings.
Tbh I'm not sure, normally I'm just really sad all the time but there are certain random periods where I'm also angry. I recently moved and that was stressful and something I didn't really want but it was also months before then when I started to just get mad all the time. Normally if I get frustrated with someone they didn't do anything on purpose or big that would cause someone normally to get mad or overreactive.
Anger like this can be a result of chronic stress and/or depression. I struggle with anger/rare myself and I get how self-conscious it can make you, or like you feel like you and your angry is the problem.

If you really want it to stop, look at your diet, and eliminate high sugar and processed foods (especially if you binge or you don't have a healthy balance diet - this affects anger a lot). Secondly, try exercise, put your anger into cycling or weight lifting or something else that will generally at leats a few endorphins.

Lastly, stop blaming myself and feeling guilty in these cycles. You're stuck for a reason and it's not your fault. There are things you can do to make it easier on yourself (diet/exercise), but ultimately a lot of these anger/issues come from stress/burnout/depression, so please be kind to yourself also.

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: Kit1
Worndown

Worndown

Visionary
Mar 21, 2019
The obvious answers are anxiety and depression. Both can be lessened with proper medications. Not all meds work for everyone and dosage is always an issue.
It is worth investigating.
There are other calming methods that may help too. Knowing you have an issue allows you to work on the problem and measure the results.

Last edited:
painIess

painIess

Suicide in painless...
Jul 30, 2023
It may be part of depression
It happens to me all the time

AInilam

AInilam

Student
Dec 17, 2023
Having to live in this cruel world and messed up society.. honestly who wouldn't be? I'd be more worried if people weren't angry.

Last edited:
Iris Blue

Iris Blue

-ˋˏ ༻❁༺ ˎˊ-
Oct 23, 2023
I've struggled with this... 'anger outbursts' or uncontrollable rage... then afterwards just tonnes of self-guilt and regret... and yet it goes round and round in circles, seemingly uncontrollable however self-aware of it you become.

Unfortunately, I've not figured it out either. But I heavily suspect it has routes in Depression, childhood trauma, or possible even ADHD.

Eating sugar can also majorly affect this. Clear sugar out of your diet (as hard and impossible as that can be) and it will reduce the angry feelings.

Anger like this can be a result of chronic stress and/or depression. I struggle with anger/rare myself and I get how self-conscious it can make you, or like you feel like you and your angry is the problem.

If you really want it to stop, look at your diet, and eliminate high sugar and processed foods (especially if you binge or you don't have a healthy balance diet - this affects anger a lot). Secondly, try exercise, put your anger into cycling or weight lifting or something else that will generally at leats a few endorphins.

Lastly, stop blaming myself and feeling guilty in these cycles. You're stuck for a reason and it's not your fault. There are things you can do to make it easier on yourself (diet/exercise), but ultimately a lot of these anger/issues come from stress/burnout/depression, so please be kind to yourself also.
Thank you so much for your thoughtful response, the routes you mentioned all of them I can relate to a lot so it's definitely good for me that I have more of an idea of possibilities and to maybe go from there. I will also rethink and work on what I eat and exercises I can do to help cope with the anger. I really appreciate it :)
The obvious anaswers are anxiety and depression. Both can be lessened with proper medications. Not all meds work for everyone and dosage is always an issue.
It is worth investigating.
There are other calming methods that may help too. Knowing you have an issue allows you to work on the problem and measure the results.
You make a good point, the meds I have been on for probably a couple of years, not much changes or alterations to what I have been taking so maybe it could be possible what I'm taking now might need to be increased or taken out entirely. Thankfully I have a session with my psychiatrist tomorrow so I'll definitely talk to him about everything that has been happening. Thank you so much for your input!
It may be part of depression
It happens to me all the time
Yea that's very interesting, I know a lot of people, myself included never really considered anger to come from depression or be apart of it but it definitely sucks. I'm sorry it happens to you all the time I hope things get better for you.
Having to live in this cruel world and messed up society.. honestly who wouldn't be? I'd be more worried if people weren't angry.
Very valid point lol

Last edited:
Reactions: helenhopeless