Baskol1

Baskol1

No life, no problems
Aug 11, 2019
Why are there some people who are completel y against assisted dying, in any case? Do they like to wach others suffer who wants die? Or whats the reasonthat some people are completely opposed under all circumstances to assisted dying? What about the nonreligious ones?

Reactions: GreenTree, WrongPlaceWrongTime, Lost Magic and 2 others
StillWaiting

StillWaiting

Need cats to comfort me
Jul 28, 2018
For country wise, if there are too many people who will opt for them and the country will lose their wage slaves.
As for some parents who brainwashed their kids to take care of them when they are old to return their favour, if their kids die earlier than them, they would have waste all of their money.

Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals and Baskol1
AnnaJaspers

AnnaJaspers

Experienced
Jul 2, 2019
Heartless, barbaric sons of bitches who are usually under the spell of some fundamental religious nonsense.

As for the nonreligious ones I can't for the life of me understand why, maybe they are under the spell of the "life is always wonderful" delusion.

Reactions: WrongPlaceWrongTime, Skathon and Baskol1
TAW122

TAW122

Emissary of the right to die.
Aug 30, 2018
In the secular world (religion aside), there are many disability advocate groups that want to promote that living with a disability (even the really severe ones) is still worth living. Well, ok that's those people's prerogative to say that. However, not everyone agrees with them. I'll even go on and say that if I were ever severely disabled to the point where everyday functions, tasks, and things that most healthy, able-bodied human beings take for granted, then I'd want out. I don't want to be taken care of, I don't want to salvage whatever else is remaining in this life, and god forbid, if I'm in a situation where I am even unable to physically suicide (quadriplegia, ALS, late stage dementia, etc.), then I'd want to die. Otherwise, I'll just cause as much trouble as I can IRL (well fuck morals, ethics, and law at that point because if society and government won't respect such a basic wish to die with dignity, peace, then none of the constructs matter anymore.. It doesn't pay to be a good person at that stage - someone might disagree with me but meh, my two cents.) until I pass. Mini-disclaimer: Not advocating for illegal activities of course.

@AnnaJaspers summed it up pretty well in the last sentence.

Reactions: Decidueye, WhatDoesTheFoxSay?, Lost Magic and 1 other person
Wayfaerer

Wayfaerer

JFMSUF
Aug 21, 2019
1.) Religion
2.) Government needs you to live so they can draw tax revenue from you
3.) Corporations need you to consume their products/services

Reactions: Decidueye, Lost Magic and Baskol1
MerrySkeleton

MerrySkeleton

Aug 16, 2019
It stems from a lack of empathy, in addition to the other reasons mentioned in this the thread. There are people who simply cannot comprehend that there are others out there experiencing pain and sadness on a level that is unlike what they feel in their day to day lives.

Reactions: Decidueye, Lost Magic, Journeytoletgo and 1 other person
Lost Magic

Lost Magic

Illuminated
May 5, 2020
Because they are either stupid or severely misguided. I mean if their dog gets ill they would put it down. So if a they or let's just say a family member is suffering then the same ethics should apply. All they are doing is slowing down progress and stilting this very important national debate. They are also scared to die and talk about the suffering that death often comes with. I just think anybody who blocks bills to dignity with dying needs then they are immoral and selfish. Fuck them!

Reactions: GreenTree and WrongPlaceWrongTime
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
Many people live under a delusion that life is always worth living and they dismiss all those who are suicidal as being irrational. In fact, wanting suicide can be perfectly rational in a life like this and it is the individuals decision, it is nothing to do with anyone else. Non suicidal people cannot comprehend what it is like to want to leave this world.

Reactions: GreenTree and Lost Magic
Lost Magic

Lost Magic

Illuminated
May 5, 2020
Many people live under a delusion that life is always worth living and they dismiss all those who are suicidal as being irrational. In fact, wanting suicide can be perfectly rational in a life like this and it is the individuals decision, it is nothing to do with anyone else. Non suicidal people cannot comprehend what it is like to want to leave this world.
I hear what you are saying. I think a lot of those people who are non suicidal just haven't gotten to a place in their mind that would warrant it. Things change in life, though, so the least they can do is try to understand people who are struggling with suicidal feelings. Survival Instinct has a lot to do with it and the hope that things will get better no matter what. They are living in denial and many of them are terrified of not existing. Some of them are deeply steeped in religion and think suicide is a mortal sin. People need to change their attitudes and accept death and suffering as a part of life. The least they can do is make sure terminally ill people have access to euthanasia drugs and give them the right to die at a time of their choosing. That would be a start (I know some places do but not enough). Then later on they might listen to the plights of other kinds of suffering like severe mental illness and chronic physical pain. Or maybe this is all just wishful thinking, but the debate has to widen. We can't allow them to keep the lid on this taboo topic forever. It helps no one, including them.

WrongPlaceWrongTime

WrongPlaceWrongTime

Better never to have been
Jul 4, 2021
Majority of people are religious, most religions insist that life is sacred and that dying on your own terms instead of those of an imaginary old man in the sky is a sin.

G

GreenTree

Mage
Jun 1, 2020
Why are there some people who are completel y against assisted dying, in any case? Do they like to wach others suffer who wants die? Or whats the reasonthat some people are completely opposed under all circumstances to assisted dying? What about the nonreligious ones?
Because they haven't got a clue about the depths of pain a human being can experience. Fuck them. They'd soon change there tune if they experienced the pain we do.