• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

4everHeartBroken

4everHeartBroken

Experienced
Feb 11, 2024
The original quote is, "we are made of star stuff."
- Carl Sagan, Cosmos

In a sense, we do come from stars. The elements that make up our bodies, such as carbon, oxygen, nitrogen, phosphorus, sulfur and iron, were formed in the cores of stars through nuclear fusion (nuclear-synthesis). When these stars went supernovae, they scattered these elements which over time coalesced to form new stars, planets, and eventually, life. So, most of the building blocks of our bodies were indeed forged in stars.
However, the hydrogen in our bodies is not of stellar origin. Most of the hydrogen in the universe, including that in our bodies, was created during the Big Bang.

The bow gives life by ending life for another. Life itself supports life by ending life for another. (This is fundamentally true down to the laws of physics. Entropy is always increasing. In order to live, we consume and compete for energy. Carnivores eat herbivores. Herbivores eat photosynthesizers. Photosynthesizers eat energy from dying stars. Stars eat energy from disappearing atoms.)
This is a reference to Heraclitus, a Greek philosopher who is known for his belief that the nature of the universe is composed of the shifting balance between opposites. "Logos."
This is really opening my mind and helping me to understand life and death and the universe better. I really enjoy reading your responses. They are always so informative and so interesting. Thank you. ❤️
The original quote is, "we are made of star stuff."
- Carl Sagan, Cosmos

In a sense, we do come from stars. The elements that make up our bodies, such as carbon, oxygen, nitrogen, phosphorus, sulfur and iron, were formed in the cores of stars through nuclear fusion (nuclear-synthesis). When these stars went supernovae, they scattered these elements which over time coalesced to form new stars, planets, and eventually, life. So, most of the building blocks of our bodies were indeed forged in stars.
However, the hydrogen in our bodies is not of stellar origin. Most of the hydrogen in the universe, including that in our bodies, was created during the Big Bang.

The bow gives life by ending life for another. Life itself supports life by ending life for another. (This is fundamentally true down to the laws of physics. Entropy is always increasing. In order to live, we consume and compete for energy. Carnivores eat herbivores. Herbivores eat photosynthesizers. Photosynthesizers eat energy from dying stars. Stars eat energy from disappearing atoms.)
This is a reference to Heraclitus, a Greek philosopher who is known for his belief that the nature of the universe is composed of the shifting balance between opposites. "Logos."
This is really opening my mind and helping me to understand life and death and the universe better. I really enjoy reading your responses. They are always so informative and so inThank you. ❤️

Edit: I started watching, Wisdom of Carl Sagan - Cosmos, and I can't stop watching it! ❤️

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: DarkRange55