• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

4everHeartBroken

4everHeartBroken

Student
Feb 11, 2024
Consciousness absolutely FASCINATES me. I'm trying to find a genuine answer (among different beliefs) about consciousness.

It seems that so many of us are curious as to what happens to our consciousness after we leave our physical body. However, I'm so curious, how and where does consciousness even BEGIN??? Who were we BEFORE we were conceived, if anything?

Every time I see a new baby, my mind always goes in this direction and it's driving me absolutely insane! I just can't wrap my mind around how consciousness begins with so many new babies constantly being born.

I just want eternal nothingness, FOREVER! The idea that consciousness may transcend death literally scares the shit out of me. If consciousness can't be created (no god), nor destoyed (no death), then can reincarnation actually be a thing? Einstein believed this. This terrifies me to my core.

Thanks. ❤️

Last edited:
Reactions: SmallKoy, 1043169 and sserafim
General Alek

General Alek

Jul 15, 2024
we might have been in a dreamworld that we don't remember

• Love
Reactions: sserafim and 4everHeartBroken
innominesatanas44

innominesatanas44

🇷🇸
Feb 16, 2023
Only half of us was a sperm. Who/what were we before the sperm met the egg?
Personally I believe that "we" are just a brain, so without a brain then there's no person. Who knows the truth, some children can talk in detail their past lives.

• Love
4everHeartBroken

4everHeartBroken

Student
Feb 11, 2024
Personally I believe that "we" are just a brain, so without a brain then there's no person. Who knows the truth, some children can talk in detail their past lives.
THIS is what I'm hoping for. I don't want my consciousness to be eternal. ❤️

• Yay!
Reactions: sserafim and innominesatanas44
General Alek

General Alek

Jul 15, 2024
eternal AND bearable would be great

like maybe you go in and out of consciousness enough for eternal consciousness to be bearable

• Love
Dr Iron Arc

Dr Iron Arc

Into the Unknown
Feb 10, 2020
Consciousness is probably some mixture of electrical signals and chemistry of the body. This boils down to energy and matter. That's all we were before, it's what we are now, and it's what we'll be when we die.

• Love
Reactions: delora, innominesatanas44 and 4everHeartBroken
4everHeartBroken

4everHeartBroken

Student
Feb 11, 2024
eternal AND bearable would be great

like maybe you go in and out of consciousness enough for eternal consciousness to be bearable
LOVE your thinking! ❤️
Consciousness is probably some mixture of electrical signals and chemistry of the body. This boils down to energy and matter. That's all we were before, it's what we are now, and it's what we'll be when we die.
Thank you for this. ❤️
Does this mean our consciousness can still be absolutely gone in eternal nothingness if it's just energy and matter, or does the energy transcend somewhere in the Universe after our bodies die?

Last edited:
Reactions: Dr Iron Arc
DarkRange55

DarkRange55

Enlightened
Oct 15, 2023
"The cradle rocks above an abyss, and common sense tells us that our existence is but a brief crack of light between two eternities of darkness. Although the two are identical twins, man, as a rule, views the prenatal abyss with more calm than the one he is heading for."

- Vladimir Nabokov
LOVE your thinking! ❤️

Thank you for this. ❤️
Does this mean our consciousness can still be absolutely gone in eternal nothingness if it's just energy and matter, or does the energy transcend somewhere in the Universe after our bodies die?
Energy dissipates in different forms like heat…

• Love
Reactions: Dr Iron Arc, innominesatanas44 and 4everHeartBroken
4everHeartBroken

4everHeartBroken

Student
Feb 11, 2024
"The cradle rocks above an abyss, and common sense tells us that our existence is but a brief crack of light between two eternities of darkness. Although the two are identical twins, man, as a rule, views the prenatal abyss with more calm than the one he is heading for."

- Vladimir Nabokov

Can you explain this better to my tiny pea-brain of a mind? Thanks! ❤️

KillingPain267

KillingPain267

Wizard
Apr 15, 2024
Consciousness fascinates me too. I used to believe in an eternal immaterial soul, but am now a physicalist. So consciousness is a physical emergent property of a functioning brain, sort of like the earth's magnetic field emerges from earth's core of motional molten iron. The magnetic field is largely invisible and seems separate from the earth, yet we know it doesn't arise or exist without a physical origin (molten iron).

Likewise, consciousness seems like it exists separate from the brain, but actually doesn't. Science says consciousness in a fetus arises around 30 weeks after conception, so before that we were nothing.

When we die (when the brain stem and thalamus cease to function) I believe consciousness may still last for some minutes but then dissipates, sort of like when a flame in a fireplace is quenched, heat may still linger in the room for a bit before it dissipates.

I do still, as a Christian, however, believe that there will be a (physical) resurrection of the dead when Jesus returns and restores/repairs the earth and universe after judgment day. Then my body, brain and consciousness will be resurrected and also enhanced to be immortal and without pain, sorrow, sin and death forever.

• Love
Reactions: 4everHeartBroken
Dark Moon

Dark Moon

Wizard
Sep 21, 2022
I was thinking about that before, we could have just been something else entirely and reincarnated and/or came from a different world.

• Love
EvisceratedJester

EvisceratedJester

|| What Else Could I Be But a Jester ||
Oct 21, 2023
Before you are born you just don't exist. Consciousness is a result of neural activity and doesn't transcend death.

• Love
SmallKoy

SmallKoy

Aficionado
Jan 18, 2024
I think we all just coping on Earth and everyone believes whatever they want to believe to cope with what happens after death. And that's perfectly okay. I personally believe there is complete nothingness after death and the thought of anything else terrifies me. So, I choose to believe that there is nothing before and after death. Nothing can really convince me otherwise because nobody knows. If you want to believe that there is nothing, then believe that and be at peace with that comfort. There is nothing to disprove either side of the coin.

• Love
4everHeartBroken

4everHeartBroken

Student
Feb 11, 2024
I think we all just coping on Earth and everyone believes whatever they want to believe to cope with what happens after death. And that's perfectly okay. I personally believe there is complete nothingness after death and the thought of anything else terrifies me. So, I choose to believe that there is nothing before and after death. Nothing can really convince me otherwise because nobody knows. If you want to believe that there is nothing, then believe that and be at peace with that comfort. There is nothing to disprove either side of the coin.
This. This is what I believe most. I just always have that 1% doubt that creeps up every now and then because I'm listening to so many others different beliefs… I think that may be messing with my own beliefs a bit and it drives me crazy. When I'm in my own thoughts, I can completely picture absolute nothingness when we leave… and if that means just like sleeping without dreaming, then I am VERY OK with that. ❤️
I was thinking about that before, we could have just been something else entirely and reincarnated and/or came from a different world.
The Many Worlds Theory comes to mind and genuinely scares the shit out of me. Quantum mechanics and Metaphysics terrify me to the point to where I need to put the books down!

Last edited:
Reactions: SmallKoy and Pluto
Pluto

Pluto

Meowing to go out
Dec 27, 2020
Humans definitely need more lives

I've written pretty extensively about this in the past. Let me know if my ideas resonate.

• Love
Dr Iron Arc

Dr Iron Arc

Into the Unknown
Feb 10, 2020
Thank you for this. ❤️
Both energy and matter are unable to be created or destroyed. Allegedly. I hear that entropy and black holes can destroy these things though but I'm too stupid to understand more. I'm sure when we die, the energy just finds some other form to exist as whether it's in the dirt or in the flames of the ashes if we're cremated or some other method of burial.
This too.