Avicii

Avicii

Looking
Sep 4, 2018
I mean seriously how many fingers can you count on reading reports in the media of a successful pact - I can only count a few .... the couple who met and within hours were dead driving to meet each other I believe on the same day ..... there was another one but they were a couple as in loving couple who jumped holding their 5 year old dead son in a backpack who had died of meningitis earlier on ... grief eh ..... then there was another one having to go back to 2003 when two men known to mental health services died again after jumping from Beachy Head ..... another one a man and wife died together in a suicide pact at a local beauty spot both in their late 70s .....

My experience on here .... I did discuss i think I might have mentioned this in a post but did discuss with 2 women one backed out (was I fully serious I dont know yes and no yes because of my condition no because i keep thinking fight but losing the fight daily) .... the other wanted to continue but she was younger than me .....and I have a thing about the age it cant be much younger than me me 40 them 20 yes guess who the media would focus their hate on and its the last thing I'd want to burden my family with unwanted press attention (though when is press attention wanted it seems almost always unwanted!!!)

I say that about age but in the story from 2003 - quote from press - one was much younger but this was 2003 nowadays with social media just no

"Two men who were being cared for by the same mental health hospital jumped to their deaths together, an inquest has heard.
Christopher Jost, 27, a former painter and decorator, and 43-year-old Kenneth Hall, died after leaping from Beachy Head in East Sussex on 18 April"

So do I think getting rid of the megathread was a positive thing - at the time I did think oh shit no .... but on reflection yes certainly a good thing - people idealise that they want a partner but when pushed on it it is just that - idealisation

Reactions: Oblivion Lover, Lifeisatrap, Painted Bird and 1 other person
SinisterKid

SinisterKid

Visionary
Jun 1, 2019
I dont want a partner, but I fully understand why other people do. Suicide is a very lonely, very scary road to be on. I speak from experience. So why should anyone feel forced to face that alone? If two consenting adults both agree on a time and place and method, then I am fine with that. Its not a choice that is forced on anyone is it?

As for the thread itself. It is never a good thing when negative media or outside pressure enforces a change like this one. I get why they pulled it. They are brave just having this site in the current climate, ensuring they are not breaking any laws along the way is only to be expected. Like everything, its success was only recognised because there was a demand for it. So no, I sincerely doubt it was doomed from the start if anything, it was the complete opposite.

Reactions: Lifeisatrap, Circles and Coolchicka
thedutchguy

thedutchguy

Slowly drowing
Jun 5, 2019
Find it sad to see it go. There are people who would rather do it in pact then alone. Because of whatever reason they want to do it in pact.

Because the forum is fully visible as guest it's logical from the moderate point of view. Maybe a only member visible section would give that option a good and safe place for those who want a pact.

Doomed no, i've met SS members, we both use the same method only dates are different if dates would be the same I would have go with a pact. Pure the fact not dying alone...felt lonely through my life.

Reactions: Lifeisatrap and Circles
Help_Me

Help_Me

Gene pool mistake
Oct 21, 2018
I personally see no reasons for partner searching itself. As for me, it could make me feel guilty somehow. And yes, I can count only a few ctb cases with partners. Too bad the topic is closed because other people may have different point of view and I feel sorry for them. My friend once said "everybody dies in solitude" and I feel like that.

Reactions: Lifeisatrap, Donewith_ and Circles
A

a_strange_day

Arcanist
Jul 16, 2019
I think it was, it's already hard enough to do it yourself, be in the right mood, the right moment etc...so two people who never met....
if we add to that all the weirdos who just want to meet and possibly fuck...

Reactions: pole, Oblivion Lover, Circles and 2 others
J

Jum

Mar 7, 2019
My experience with about 6 people from that thread was either people whose methods didn't sync with mine at all (one person was awesome, but wanted to be outside and that's just awful), people who I would absolutely did not want to spend my last day(s) with, or people who just stopped communicating after a day or two. It seems that the folks in this community are all very different and running into someone you find compatible and/or trustworthy can be rare.

Reactions: Oblivion Lover, Circles, Lifeisatrap and 1 other person
P

Painted Bird

...///...
Jul 15, 2019
Partners megathread (especially during the time when posting e-mail addresses and other contact information in public was allowed) was a great idea... for attracting predators (rapists, murderers, etc.) or do-gooders. I don't think it was even remotely useful for creating "working" suicide pacts. People were re-posting their "ads" again and again. I've also noticed that posts from men got no or few likes while young women got many likes from men, kind of proving my point that many guys fantasize about meeting a vulnerable, suicidal girl to have fun with before they go.

Reactions: Wolfjob_dayjob, Oblivion Lover, Circles and 2 others
C

calendulo

Enlightened
Jun 13, 2019
I like this thread, well ...only the title.

Title says from the start. I entered on site after that and besides I already had get my pentobarbitol. No ties that bound.
Guess I am not a suspicious guy with some kind of prejudice about death or being desperately looking for A.
No I do not need.

IMHO. I did read the whole thread. From first post to last one, really. I remember that thread already had three or four pages. And first thought came to my mind was How it is possible that site still has not been close down?.
After that I thought I overreacting, nobody is capable of all that.

But reality is a fucking piece of shit. I did read posts of a guy who told to have 10 or 15 grms of thiopental.........I said him, man, you are dead. If you have that, goodbye. I did know absolutely nothing about him after all. I saw his avatar cross out. I hope to be wrong and the guy do not ianything, really.

But when I did read about Shawn Shatto, fuck, it was totally real, was such a shock that I still do not believe it. And I still thinking about her and her death awful conditions. So far, it is worse thing.

Doomed, yes I think so.

Reactions: Circles
TAW122

TAW122

Emissary of the right to die.
Aug 30, 2018
I didn't think it was really safe as it was really risky and open to scams, abuses, and stings (LE posing as suicidal partners and/or others who work for LE acting as bait/decoys). The idea sounded good on paper, but in practice, it really is much scarier than what one thinks, especially when things go out of control really quickly.

Reactions: Wolfjob_dayjob, Painted Bird, a_strange_day and 1 other person