R

regular john

Dec 17, 2020
I am 50. Never had job career. I have no family. Never had a girlfriend. I am on my own. Unemployed at the moment . No education. Only high school. I don't think it makes sense to continue living. Can you tell me guys what you live for ?

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: WarmLaterHalfDay, SadJessu, afutility and 19 others
Life_and_Death

Life_and_Death

Do what's best for you 🕯️ Sometimes I'm stressed
Jul 1, 2020
my brothers and loved ones. but past that......im not really sure. this seems like one of those hidden deep within myself answers that i have to find

• Love
Reactions: Deleted member 94, stygal, InterstateFlowers and 1 other person
W

WornOutLife

マット
Mar 22, 2020
Hi! I'm surprised because you're 50. You've really endured life and must have been through many hard times.

As for me, I'm only living for my dad and dog. Don't wanna hurt them but unfortunately, I will, because I'm leaving in a few months. (or less)

Last edited:
  • Hugs
  • Love
  • Aww..
Reactions: adam&eve, Pookie, stygal and 5 others
Gnip

Gnip

Bill the Cat
Oct 10, 2020
My mother. If COVID were to take her, I would be gone before she is interred and I have the means to do it.

• Love
Reactions: gtrfvr, AmDead, Isadeth and 4 others
rabbithole

rabbithole

Experienced
Oct 26, 2020
My parents. I was just reading lots of articles on r/ about parents who have lost children to suicide and it makes it so difficult to do anything knowing the pain I will cause. I wish there was another option.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: Nicebuddimtim, AmDead, Pookie and 9 others
W

WornOutLife

マット
Mar 22, 2020
My parents. I was just reading lots of articles on r/ about parents who have lost children to suicide and it makes it so difficult to do anything knowing the pain I will cause. I wish there was another option.
I really feel you, bro.
My dad is everything to me!

• Hugs
Reactions: rabbithole, WhatDoesTheFoxSay?, clownangel and 4 others
S

Steamm

Arcanist
Feb 28, 2020
My mom and my grandma

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: Spitfire, InterstateFlowers, EmptyManForever and 3 others
demuic

demuic

Life was a mistake
Sep 12, 2020
My mother. Nothing else really.

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: gtrfvr, Spitfire, stygal and 4 others
K

Kat!

Elementalist
Sep 30, 2020
My ferret and this forum.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: adam&eve, stygal, WhatDoesTheFoxSay? and 3 others
WhatDoesTheFoxSay?

WhatDoesTheFoxSay?

Hold your head high, and your middle finger higher
Dec 25, 2020
My mom. She's the reason why I'm even bothering to sustain this faulty meat robot in the first place. After she's gone, I'll put up the white flag of surrender. I have no intention of seeing this life through.

Last edited:
  • Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: stygal, clownangel, Gnip and 4 others
Sensei

Sensei

剣道家
Nov 4, 2019
Hi! I'm surprised because you're 50. You've really endured life and must have been through many hard times.

Good times too, we have to assume.

OP, I feel you. My situation is not identical to yours, but I'm almost your age and share some of your problems. First and foremost I live for myself. The odds aren't good and I may simply be delusional, but I still have some hope that things will get better. I live for my parents too, because they're very old and it would devastate them if I killed myself.

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: stygal, InterstateFlowers, WornOutLife and 3 others
StringPuppet

StringPuppet

Lost
Oct 5, 2020
Nothing I should probably just die already

• Aww..
  • Hugs
Reactions: lobster salad, Spitfire, DivineMedicus and 7 others
awfullife

awfullife

Arcanist
Nov 16, 2019
my kids and my dad.

• Hugs
Reactions: Isadeth, stygal, InterstateFlowers and 1 other person
sadgirl2002

sadgirl2002

Fallen Angel
Apr 9, 2019
My true love but I know it won't keep me here anymore.

• Hugs
Reactions: Isadeth, stygal, InterstateFlowers and 1 other person
Deleted member 22624

Deleted member 22624

One foot in the grave
Oct 7, 2020
I'm enduring for a few years because my gf has hope for me and I owe it to her to try. Hope is one of the best things many people have. The more you can "live in that space", the more drive and positivity you can find. Hope for happiness and explore where it takes you, hopefully.

• Hugs
Reactions: lobster salad, adam&eve, Spitfire and 3 others
WhatDoesTheFoxSay?

WhatDoesTheFoxSay?

Hold your head high, and your middle finger higher
Dec 25, 2020
I am 50. Never had job career. I have no family. Never had a girlfriend. I am on my own. Unemployed at the moment . No education. Only high school. I don't think it makes sense to continue living. Can you tell me guys what you live for ?
I feel for you. I'm in my mid-20s and even though I have a university degree, employers have been reluctant to hire me due to me being unemployed for a very long time. I'm not willing to say that I've been ill when asked why, as that'll lower my chances of being hired. Seeing people around me with at least a source of income and/or relationship makes me feel like I don't belong.

• Hugs
Reactions: Belaya Noch, disabledandhopeless, stygal and 2 others
B

Bigpink

Warlock
Oct 12, 2020
Nothing comes to mind

• Aww..
  • Hugs
Reactions: StringPuppet, DivineMedicus, stygal and 4 others
MYTHoLogic

MYTHoLogic

Psychonaut
Dec 14, 2020
Myself.

Both my family and friends have let me down. Especially my family, nothing but abuse, gaslighting and victim blaming. If I can't trust the people I am meant to be able to trust the most then all I have left is myself.

I've been working on the relationship I have with myself for a few years now. Absolutely no where near where I would like it to be but I have made a lot of progress in those years

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: alice-in-wonderland, stygal, WhatDoesTheFoxSay? and 7 others
G

GoneGirl

Student
Dec 15, 2020
At one point I was living for my sister who is younger than me & who I loved very much. I didn't want her to be affected by my suicide.

I made it clear to her when I failed to kill myself that she was the only reason I chose to stay alive and not make a serious attempt.

Very soon after that she stole from me, became very disrespectful towards me & tried to get me sectioned. She has also told lies about me to people.

Now I don't have anybody to live for. I'm constantly switching back and forth between living to pursue my dreams with absolutely nothing to lose. Or killing myself because I have absolutely nothing to live for.

Its honestly a very strange position to be in.

• Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: alice-in-wonderland, AmDead, Joarga and 9 others
ZardozOmega

ZardozOmega

Narcissist Gay NEET-cel
Mar 4, 2020
I genuinely don't know. Almost every aspect of my life is horrible. I guess the only reasons I haven't off myself is because of fear.

• Hugs
Reactions: Spitfire, Antiquated, StringPuppet and 6 others
C

Canon1

Student
Dec 2, 2019
Just live because of my parents. If they weren't here I'd be gone.

• Hugs
Reactions: stygal, AprilsBlessings, InterstateFlowers and 2 others
yive

yive

life is evil
Nov 6, 2020
nothing to lose. i just exist. i'm soooooo apathetic... and i don't care about anything.
darkness, despair and alienation

• Hugs
Reactions: fly away, Spitfire, Antiquated and 11 others
E

EmptyManForever

My wings were cut and now I can fly no more!
Oct 3, 2020
There's nothing in this world that makes me happy anymore, and I'm not living for anyone or anything, I just exist and mostly because I feel so empty headed and with an empty head its almost impossible to do anything, even ctb is almost impossible cuz I have no thoughts left ,so I just continue existing until I get my thoughts back one day, once I get my thoughts I will have to ctb whether I like it or not

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: disfiguredone, Antiquated, Pookie and 5 others
M

Mmm_x8x

Jun 23, 2019
I lived for my mother, but 2 years ago she had a stroke and was bedridden without moving or speaking. Life is no longer life for me. But I must continue for now to take care of her. But I die every day that I see her like this. We were very close, always traveling and doing fun things. I wish I was turning my life off little by little.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: Spitfire, WhatDoesTheFoxSay?, Deleted member 22624 and 2 others
InterstateFlowers

InterstateFlowers

Experienced
Apr 16, 2020

It's nice I'm not alone in this, I do it too. I read r/suicidebereavement and vent to friends if I need to so I can keep myself from doing anything rash, I'll utterly crush my parents and my little sister and I don't have the mental fortitude fully accept that or in the afterlife (if I can feel guilty in the afterlife, I'm sure to feel guilty even though I'll watch over my family 24/7, I'll definitely be those souls have hover over the family instead of moving on). My family and little sister are everything to me so I prefer to take my method immediately if there were a freak accident where I'm the only one left.

OP, I'm sorry you're in this situation. I'm amazed you're 50 because I don't think I'm strong enough to live to that age. Do you have any hobbies that keep you busy?

• Love
Reactions: rabbithole, clownangel, WhatDoesTheFoxSay? and 2 others
Nymph

Nymph

he/him
Jul 15, 2020
I live for my bunny. I kinda regret getting him cause now I'm stuck here till he dies. I can't ctb because he's too dependent on me and my family won't take care of him.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: Spitfire, AprilsBlessings, InterstateFlowers and 3 others
stygal

stygal

low-wage worker
Oct 29, 2020
I live just for my self and entertainment/education - books, movies, music and talking to other likeminded people. I kinda still enjoy that...since I'm leaving soon anyways I might at least feel rested (lots of sleep) and entertained.
But as far as other people/animals: I'm glad I am not dependent on somebody or somebody on me. It would make this situation overly complicated and hard.

• Hugs
Reactions: alice-in-wonderland, gtrfvr, InterstateFlowers and 1 other person
clownangel

clownangel

Student
Sep 25, 2019
My mom, my cat, my lifelong best friend, and sometimes spite. Recently when things have bottomed out I've been reminding myself that if I go now and ignore those - with the pandemic funeral services aren't really business as usual (small gatherings!) and I'd be screwing my mom & best friend out of that type of closure. (I don't want any type of service, but if I had to go I'd want my mom to be able to have her friends come and cook for her safely and spend time with her during that. Best friend is out of state & is super close with my family but wouldn't be allowed to visit etc.) I feel less guilty about my best friend now that she's married & will have her partner but I'm still a solid chunk of her support system at this point.

I kinda regret getting him cause now I'm stuck here till he dies.
This is how I feel about my cat, he's only about 2yrs old and my last lived to 15. (I wasn't planning on getting another after that specifically because I didn't want to leave that responsibility behind later but....he was brought to me as a surprise and it's kind of hard to say no to baby animals like "Oh gee thanks, but I really don't want to stick around for this guys lifespan" aha.)

• Hugs
Reactions: Deleted member 22624, InterstateFlowers and Nymph
MrAsclepius

MrAsclepius

Грустная Сука
Jul 31, 2020
Living for others and not yourself is a long torture. For me is my cat.

• Hugs
Reactions: Deleted member 22624 and Pookie
LossOfWill

LossOfWill

Lowpoly Heaven
Dec 24, 2020
If I'll be honest, video games.. I think about the cool games coming out soon and I wanna at least see them before I die. Still really wanna play CTRNF someday

Reactions: Nicebuddimtim and WhatDoesTheFoxSay?