10000DaysTooMany

10000DaysTooMany

Apr 14, 2023
One Peice and my best friends are legitimately the only things making me second guess my plan to die. I'm planning to leave 01-22-2024.

• Love
Reactions: edu0z, Unknown21 and certified_idiot
edu0z

edu0z

carried away by a moonlight shadow
Aug 25, 2021
here!

• Love
Reactions: 10000DaysTooMany
R

Rev346

I’m here but will I still be next year?
Oct 23, 2023
I love the live action version and started watching the anime but I have one big problem with it. It seems super pro life (i.e., anti suicide), and the constant "you have to live" message is making it hard for me to watch. I haven't gotten far in the anime so though (at Namis backstory). Does it stop getting so "don't kill yourself"?

• Hugs
Reactions: 10000DaysTooMany
edu0z

edu0z

carried away by a moonlight shadow
Aug 25, 2021
I love the live action version and started watching the anime but I have one big problem with it. It seems super pro life (i.e., anti suicide), and the constant "you have to live" message is making it hard for me to watch. I haven't gotten far in the anime so though (at Namis backstory). Does it stop getting so "don't kill yourself"?
So I advise you to stop watching it now or you will feel greatly offended when the Enies Lobby saga arrives( They literally saves a nakama from suicide)

The aspect I love most about One Piece is precisely that. No matter who you are or what has happened to you, you will feel identified with some character from that anime, there are characters who have gone through all kinds of tragedies and traumas. And they overcome it and pursue their dreams.

• Love
Reactions: 10000DaysTooMany and breezeboy
10000DaysTooMany

10000DaysTooMany

Apr 14, 2023
So I advise you to stop watching it now or you will feel greatly offended when the Enies Lobby saga arrives( They literally saves a nakama from suicide)

The aspect I love most about One Piece is precisely that. No matter who you are or what has happened to you, you will feel identified with some character from that anime, there are characters who have gone through all kinds of tragedies and traumas. And they overcome it and pursue their dreams.
Yea, she's my favorite straw hat mainly because of her dream. But I can understand how it would upset someone on here. I want to see how it ends but that involves staying here for so much longer.

• Love
Reactions: edu0z
WeDontKnowTheFuture

WeDontKnowTheFuture

Student
Feb 3, 2023
All shonen mangas are pro-life haha, it's generally dedicated to a teenage audience who needs a feeling of meaning by the pursuit of dreams, solidarity, friendship, internal growth and accomplishment.
All of that allow young people to develop a positive mindset to cope with life. If there was an acceptance of suicide in these adventures, it would risk to completely destroy all the magic view of life that a shonen manga brings.
What bothers me more are seinen mangas wich are anti-suicide as they are dedicated to an older audience and does not take place in a fairy and naive world.

Last edited:
MiMif

MiMif

I do not live for others to understand me...
Sep 13, 2023
I'm in the middle of catching up to it.

Also this should be in the off topic section.
All shonen mangas are pro-life haha, it's generally dedicated to a teenage audience who needs a feeling of meaning by the pursuit of dreams, solidarity, friendship, internal growth and accomplishment.
All of that allow young people to develop a positive mindset to cope with life. If there was an acceptance of suicide in these adventures, it would risk to completely destroy all the magic view of life that a shonen manga brings.
What bothers me more are seinen mangas wich are anti-suicide as they are dedicated to an older audience and does not take place in a fairy and naive world.
I mean I don't think it's really that deep

But if you want depressing relatable anime.

Watch
Life lessons with uramachi san.

It's about a depressed teacher who hates life and his job. It's labeled a comedy but it's really not I related to it a bit too much

Here's some clips. Also I'm not sure why the message repeated a bunch of times

Last edited: