soviet_connection1

soviet_connection1

Aug 9, 2023
Why do you self harm?

I self harm because I like to see my blood and gives me stress relief.

• Aww..
  • Hugs
Reactions: AvoidingMyself, LittleAngel, 24SecondsTillDawn and 1 other person
T

TheMetalhead

Experienced
Aug 18, 2023
I used to do it cause I enjoyed the pain, love seeing blood and everything that comes with it. I cut a like a 5x5cm pentagram on my left arm, around 5 years ago and the scar is insane! I still cut myself from time to time, but I avoid my arms, my thighs on the other hand hold dozens of scars.
Makes you kinda feel alive, even for a split second imo.

Reactions: soviet_connection1
soviet_connection1

soviet_connection1

Aug 9, 2023
I used to do it cause I enjoyed the pain, love seeing blood and everything that comes with it. I cut a like a 5x5cm pentagram on my left arm, around 5 years ago and the scar is insane! I still cut myself from time to time, but I avoid my arms, my thighs on the other hand hold dozens of scars.
Makes you kinda feel alive, even for a split second imo.
I agree, the blood is amazing and it does make you feel alive. I enjoy the relief from it.

Reactions: TheMetalhead
Brokensaddle

Brokensaddle

Student
Sep 28, 2020
Combination of seeing the blood, pain I get from the cuts and as way to pass and smooth my brain when I get angry or have really bad dealing day when experiencing emotions pain. I hate the effects after wards like scars but I helps me going to doing much more serious to myself like ctb

Reactions: anhedonicNfoggy and soviet_connection1
soviet_connection1

soviet_connection1

Aug 9, 2023
Combination of seeing the blood, pain I get from the cuts and as way to pass and smooth my brain when I get angry or have really bad dealing day when experiencing emotions pain. I hate the effects after wards like scars but I helps me going to doing much more serious to myself like ctb
I understand everything you are saying…. So valid

h4rlemriver

h4rlemriver

febris
Aug 19, 2023
ah, selfharm..
for me, it's either an act of impulse or a method of making myself feel tired enough to fall asleep.
I'm not sure if anybody else does it to help them fall asleep, but I do find that the pain tends to make me feel lethargic enough for my brain to bypass my insomnia even for a little while!
ah, selfharm..
for me, it's either an act of impulse or a method of making myself feel tired enough to fall asleep.
I'm not sure if anybody else does it to help them fall asleep, but I do find that the pain tends to make me feel lethargic enough for my brain to bypass my insomnia even for a little while!
seeing the blood is somehow therapeutic as well, but that sounds a little morbid lol

soviet_connection1

soviet_connection1

Aug 9, 2023
Sometimes I just have the urges to cut as deep as possible

RainLover

RainLover

Just another one
Aug 9, 2023
Same, I am clean for like 2 months, but I get urges to cut me everyday, and being clean really doesn't bring anything good into my life, no good sensation

midnightluv

midnightluv

Lalala delusional thoughts hehehe
Aug 17, 2023
I've been 3 years clean from SH since July 5th of this year.

• Love
Reactions: AvoidingMyself, 24SecondsTillDawn, ssidal_butterfly and 4 others
ihatethisplanet

ihatethisplanet

Jun 21, 2023
Panicking makes me do it. I don't need to see blood; I just need to feel the pain so it diverts my attention from the panic. I had lunch with a friend last week and it started coming on. Scratching the skin off my thumb is the way to do it if I'm with people. It's easy to hide it and I always have a Bandaid on hand.

• Hugs
Reactions: AvoidingMyself, Brokensaddle, Kadaver and 1 other person
A

angeldestruction

Aug 18, 2023
i often feel like i'm the only person who doesn't cut for emotional regulation. when i'm really agitated/stressed i can hardly hold a blade without getting heart palpitations from fear and self-preservation instincts. when i was 11 i managed too cut myself way deeper than i was prepared for, technically not by accident but i might aswell have. passed out, definitely more from shock than bloodloss, and it took a long time to heal, which was overall pretty disgusting. since then i have this ridiculous anxiety about causing an injury that i end up not wanting, so i can't really cut unless i'm completely calm, and even then i cut super lightly. it's really a mental block that frustrates me, especially when i end up cutting so lightly that i can hardly feel it but the blood makes it risky (at least in my paranoid mind) to cut in the same place again, so i have to choose another place that wasn't reserved for that time or just give up. i've wondered many times if i truly only cut for attention since i have really opposite patterns to most self harm i know about. still not sure about that one.

• Hugs
Reactions: AvoidingMyself, Brokensaddle, Kadaver and 1 other person
Kadaver

Kadaver

let death be kinder than man
Aug 11, 2023
I'm actually a little over two years clean today! I don't have those urges as often as I used to but sometimes they come back in really hard moments
Same, I am clean for like 2 months, but I get urges to cut me everyday, and being clean really doesn't bring anything good into my life, no good sensation
I understand the feeling. I often feel like being clean doesn't bring much value to my life either. I more so did it for the people I loved since they didn't like that I was doing it

Last edited:
Reactions: AvoidingMyself, 24SecondsTillDawn, GreenTree and 3 others
yoana

yoana

Aug 17, 2023
its the way the blood and scars look, combined with it slightly helping me wear off some of the guilt i feel for the shit ive done

soviet_connection1

soviet_connection1

Aug 9, 2023
its the way the blood and scars look, combined with it slightly helping me wear off some of the guilt i feel for the shit ive done
It's okay, don't feel guilty.

ssidal_butterfly

ssidal_butterfly

Aug 17, 2023
I used to sh a lot but I haven't in like a year and it's kind of driving me crazy. I really want to but my parents found out about it like a year ago. I usually cut on my thighs so those are where most of my scars are. But ever since they found out mommy has made it a point to just walk in on me whenever she wants. So if I do cut she'll see. And I think I'm going to go mad

• Hugs
24SecondsTillDawn

24SecondsTillDawn

May 16, 2023
For me it's whenever I feel overwhelmed or anxious, mostly at night. Self harm is a stress reliever for me, it quiets my brain and lets me focus on something else that isn't every embarrassing thing I ever did or mistake I ever made. I also just enjoy seeing the little bubbles of blood form.

But I also hate waking up the next day with them because then I have to hide them. I hate when people point them out, I have had multiple people point them out to me like I don't know they are there, it drives me insane. I don't care if people see my scars but when people I am close with want to talk about it, it just makes me uncomfortable. I know they will tell me to stop and I understand why but I don't want to loose something that helps me.
Me too, i'm not sure about you but for me it's less about inflicting pain and more about just getting energy out when I feel overwhelmed and kinda just wanting to see what it would look like.

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: AvoidingMyself and soviet_connection1
whyyoulooklikethat

whyyoulooklikethat

Aug 7, 2023
I used to do it because I thought I deserved it. I thought I needed it for some reason. I still think I do but I stopped because I liked going swimming even tho I can barely tred water💀

• Hugs
Reactions: AvoidingMyself
sammiechzxv

sammiechzxv

just a girl who's kinda sad
Aug 7, 2023
I do it when I'm really overwhelmed and need a distraction

• Hugs
D

dwtsleepy123

Aug 9, 2023
I usually cut myself when Im feeling gulity or just overwhelmed with any negative emotion. Idk how to explain but just seeing the blood flow combined with the pain helps to like calm or soothe my brain if it makes sense? usually my brain is rly chaotic but when I cut, it becomes quiet for a while. I always forget things easily so sometimes i also cut to remind myself of a lesson, like if i did something rly bad or made a mistake I would cut so in the future I would look at the scar and remember not to repeat the same mistake. In some twisted (?) way sometimes i think my scars are battle scars? Like proof that i'm suffering but still fighting; im still doing my best to cope with the harsh realities of life. but it is admittedly quite troublesome to hide my scars because although i usually do it in places that are easier to hide, sometimes Im too overwhelmed and i dont care in that moment, i always end up regretting it and feeling stupid for being so reckless

LittleAngel

LittleAngel

When life gives you lemons, squeeze em into ur eye
Jun 26, 2023
Blood! I love the way it feels, stains, moves, shines, everything! I also like the competition, watching others go deeper motivates me to go deeper! My reasoning is just because I enjoy torturing myself, I enjoy self mutilization.

• Hugs
vanadium23

vanadium23

Aug 15, 2023
I used to self-harm some; mostly with a small piece of broken glass but one time with a serrated knife. When others have self-harmed I've mostly tried to make sure they aren't risking injury and sanitize the wound; even when I was pro-life I didn't see the point in stigmatizing it.

• Hugs
Maeve

Maeve

The screaming never stops
Jul 17, 2023
Helps when ihave anxiety stops screaming brain