• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

N

noname223

Angelic
Aug 18, 2020
Obviously I am not just asking that question as an opportunity to collect new jokes on politics.

Probably one had to make a distinction between the dumbest and the most morally corrupt.

Here some very stupid decision: The goal to implement liberal democracy in Iraq costed like 8 trillion, increased the number of terrorists, so many lives were ended in an unnecessary way

Treaty of Versaille -> helped the Nazis to build support and led to WW2

Great Leap Forward in China -> famine and million people died because of it

Prohibition in the US in 1920s -> crime rates spiked and was highly counterproductive

Many people will think of Putin's decision to invade Ukraine. Personally i think it was megalomaniac, he believed in own propaganda, thought they would capitulate withhin weeks, the soldiers thought civilians would greet them with flowers and stuff like that. I think it was historically and strategically one of the biggest mistakes this century so far.

However I think all of the examples I gave so far they did not come from the dumbest governments there were. The list is way too eurocentric. Moreover when we equate the most incomponent government with the dumbest government one had to mention primarily failed states. Though many failed state are geographically and historically disadvantaged it is not easy to govern there. At the same I think it is still true that many governments there are less professional than in other countries. So I could imagine Somalia as an example.

At the end I want to give my opinion on the current German government or past ones. I don't think Germany's government was very incompetent. We made some major mistakes trusting Russia blindly, naive trust in China, horrendous digitalization policies the world laughs at us for it etc. Still I think the governments work on average very professional. It is popular to shit on one's governemnt (and I am kind of curious on the replies where people might do that. I would take some popcorn if I had no eating disorder. Though maybe noone will respond anyway.)