Fragile

Fragile

Broken
Jul 7, 2019
In 2017, 10.6 million US adults seriously thought about suicide, 3.2 million made a plan, and 1.4 million attempted.

Actual suicide deaths amounted to <1%, 1.5%, and 3.4% of those numbers, respectively (as a point of reference, the acceptance rate into Harvard college in 2017 was 5.8%... so getting into Harvard is a lot easier).

So no, I think it's a little delusional to say that I have less than 6 months to live, "for a fact". Suicide is exceptionally hard to accomplish.

My guess is that both you and I will survive well beyond 2020, unfortunately.

This is why assisted suicide laws should be more encompassing.

those statistics are very misleading and don't differentiate between carefully planned suicides and impulsive ones, and we all know how impulsive attempts turn out most of the times, they usually involve cutting and overdosing on very safe pills like benzos and sleeping meds. and the harvard comparison is just plain stupid, people that try to get into harvard are not doing it "impulsively" and out of desperation.

and lets not make assumptions about other peoples lives, i'm on a timer before my illnesses gets real bad and that alone is enough to make me want to end it before i reach that point. guess now i have someone to prove wrong about me living into the future.

the difference this year is that i now have the knowledge necessary to make my attempt successful, i have access to many methods and i know how to make them work, i'm not that stupid kid who tried to overdose and cut just to end up in intensive care and in a psych ward anymore. now i'm calm about it and already made peace with this year being my last, no more hopping for a better future for me.

• Hugs
Reactions: BlueWidow and LMLN
LonelyHopelessDude

LonelyHopelessDude

Student
Dec 17, 2019
Yup last month on Earth, I'm taking the road to the unknown in less than 2 weeks !

• Hugs
Reactions: Fragile and LMLN
Xaphous

Xaphous

hikikomori
Nov 11, 2018
Have to try. Likely to fail with no antiemetic buy cant get them so fuck it

• Hugs
Reactions: Fragile
M

Manja

Can't wait to die
Nov 27, 2019
I wasn't even supposed to be in 2020 but here I am thanks to stupid hollidays and jammed up post traffic (SN)

• Hugs
Reactions: lucines and LMLN
lucines

lucines

Barely even human
Jan 1, 2019
I wasn't even supposed to be in 2020 but here I am thanks to stupid hollidays and jammed up post traffic (SN)

Same here, it really feels like a final "fuck you" from a world that has already been unkind to us.

Reactions: Manja