John Ryder

John Ryder

"You're a smart kid...you'll figure it out."
Jul 7, 2023
Absolutely horrible indeed.

That amusement park, looking back - I don't know how it was able to stay open as long as it did. They shut the Freefall down for a while after the girl died, but just about all of the rides were very much "at your own risk".

There was another park we visited when I was a kid - Action Park in New Jersey. They had a fully enclosed loop water slide and someone got stuck in the loop and drowned.

View attachment 118263

How the people running Action Park thought this was a good idea remains beyond me.
Reminds me of the incident at Schlitterbahn Waterpark in Kansas City where the child was decapitated on the waterslide back in 2016

• Wow
Reactions: venin, F&Inside and Kerrtu
venin

venin

Text
Jul 28, 2023
Hights are interesting. As a teenie id liked too climb on trees and hope I fall. Everytime I was visiting a high building I thought a few minutes too try end it here... Now where im older and think more over it im scared for jumping down. There are people who survived a fall from over 3000m. I dont want too sit in a wheelchair if it fails...
If you land on concrete, I don't think it's the case 🫂
I've thought about it and done the research for my area. It was my preferred method for a long while. I never had a fear of heights but any time I look up at a super tall building from the ground my heart always sinks to my stomach, is that still a fear of heights? At least of some variety?
maybe it's SI already kicking in at just the thought of it 🫤

Kerrtu

Kerrtu

Komeetta ♊︎
May 8, 2023
Reminds me of the incident at Schlitterbahn Waterpark in Kansas City where the child was decapitated on the waterslide back in 2016

Oh damn, this sounds familiar. The Verruckt water slide…it's coming back to me. Poor boy, I can only hope it was fast. The people in the raft with him…absolute nightmare.

John Ryder

John Ryder

Jul 7, 2023
Oh damn, this sounds familiar. The Verruckt water slide…it's coming back to me. Poor boy, I can only hope it was fast. The people in the raft with him…absolute nightmare.
They were in an arms race for the world's (or at least U.S.) tallest slide and cut corners with lax engineering and testing. The Atlantic did a mini documentary

• Informative
Reactions: Kerrtu
W

winterparty

Student
Jul 29, 2023
Yes in fact I've made a thread about it myself.Pain by jumping
I want to jump from aprox. 90m or 300 feet on concrete. I am mostly afraid of the pain of the impact and I didn't find the right information yet. How great is the pain, how likely is it you become unconscious if you land on feet vs head. I'm so afraid I need to know it

Reactions: venin and F&Inside
Kerrtu

Kerrtu

Komeetta ♊︎
May 8, 2023
They were in an arms race for the world's (or at least U.S.) tallest slide and cut corners with lax engineering and testing. The Atlantic did a mini documentary

I'll be watching this for sure - thank you for posting.

All this talk of fatal injuries at amusement parks had me remember this clip of a guy on a roof about to attempt jumping in a pool. It had to have hurt tremendously. That said, the first time I saw the clip, I burst out laughing at the "finale" if you will. I don't know how I was surprised but I saw it as a metaphor of my life.

IMG 3279

Seems fun in theory, however requires more effort. The guy just pancakes, which is the most relatable part for me. I hope the guy recovered.

• Wow
Reactions: F&Inside and John Ryder
John Ryder

John Ryder

Jul 7, 2023
I'll be watching this for sure - thank you for posting.

All this talk of fatal injuries at amusement parks had me remember this clip of a guy on a roof about to attempt jumping in a pool. It had to have hurt tremendously. That said, the first time I saw the clip, I burst out laughing at the "finale" if you will. I don't know how I was surprised but I saw it as a metaphor of my life.

View attachment 118279

Seems fun in theory, however requires more effort. The guy just pancakes, which is the most relatable part for me. I hope the guy recovered.
Lmao that one definitely did the rounds. I cycled through every reaction. Ridicule, scorn, empathy, ridicule...

• Yay!
Reactions: Kerrtu
Kerrtu

Kerrtu

Komeetta ♊︎
May 8, 2023
Lmao that one definitely did the rounds. I cycled through every reaction. Ridicule, scorn, empathy, ridicule...

An emotional rollercoaster for sure 🎢

I feel bad for laughing but it really just reminds me of all of the times I thought I had it, thought I was going to "turn the corner" but didn't.

From confidence to concrete.

• Yay!
Reactions: John Ryder
F&Inside

F&Inside

🌊🌊🌊
Aug 9, 2023
Hello again. I forgot to mention that here in Europe, on the roads I have seen bridges with +100 meters of altitude. With fall on sea, mountain or cement. Especially in France and Italy, also on the way between the two countries. Lots of people get scared driving through those places. The views are impressive.

Reactions: venin
venin

venin

Text
Jul 28, 2023
Clifton suspension bridge is definitely a big option for me. The night seems like a good idea as less people will be around and hopefully not being able to see the view so well would make it easier to jump. Problems would be survival instinct of course, and strangers observing me and trying to intervene.
How does jumping on water work? I mean give me some details. I've only researched doing it on concrete 😊
That and train are only options available to me for now. I tried jumping in october but SI was too strong. I need something to minimize it like alcoholic drinks. It also doesn't help that I have fear of heights. All in all, I'm much too cowardly for this method.
Jumping from a building or in front of a train?
Well, I certainly don't want to die by any violent means or ways that could traumatize people. The first method I ever thought of was hanging. I said after my mother dies (she died a few years back) I would just take a bottle of Jack to the woods in the summer, drink it and then hang myself from the highest tree. Needless to say, that never happened. Now, I have access to more peaceful methods, I will stick with those. Other than that, it is just a matter of time now. I even have a written will in place and everything is ready for when the time comes.
What do you plan on using?
Hello everyone.
Jumping is a method that always caught my attention. It has always been present in my life due to various anecdotes/experiences.

One of them: 10-12 Years ago I witnessed a man on the ground, with the police and all around him, waiting for the ambulance I suppose, he had thrown himself off a bridge. The guy was dying on the cement floor. The bridge was about 6-7 floors high. Then I read that it took the man two days to die in the hospital, his organs were damaged or something like that. It wasn't the first time he'd seen something like this either.

I am clear that the first thing is not to harm anyone with the fall and second, it has to be from a height where it is practically impossible to survive even falling on your feet.
See you.
Yup

Last edited:
Reactions: F&Inside
hopeisdead

hopeisdead

Into the void.
Aug 15, 2023
It is very scary. I don't want to die this way. On the contrary, if I don't die , I will be left with a more challenging life to navigate.
Same. 😩
Yeah because, you know, I'm doing this for my daughter so she won't have a mentally f-cked up, useless beyond repair mother or be homeless but it's sElfiSh. /s

Last edited:
Reactions: John Ryder
neonzebra

neonzebra

Sep 11, 2022
How does jumping on water work? I mean give me some details. I've only researched doing it on concrete

I honestly know very little about it. I just know this is a very popular bridge for jumping and is quite a high fall.
It seems like given the number of deaths that happen there, it would be a sure thing, either from the impact or drowning shortly after.

• Hugs
Rocinante

Rocinante

My name is Lucifer, please take my hand
Aug 26, 2022
It's the best method and my preferred way to CTB

• Love
AllFoxedOut

AllFoxedOut

Arcanist
Jun 7, 2023
I would consider it but through research I have not found anywhere tall enough. i could rent a hotel room in a highrise but should SI kick in on the jump I'd have wasted a lot of money...

Reactions: hopeisdead
venin

venin

Text
Jul 28, 2023
I honestly know very little about it. I just know this is a very popular bridge for jumping and is quite a high fall.
It seems like given the number of deaths that happen there, it would be a sure thing, either from the impact or drowning shortly after.
That's good 🫡
It's the best method and my preferred way to CTB
I don't why I also think it's the best
I would consider it but through research I have not found anywhere tall enough. i could rent a hotel room in a highrise but should SI kick in on the jump I'd have wasted a lot of money...
How much is it? Out of curiosity

N

NoHorizon

Experienced
Nov 22, 2022
Beachy Head is my backup plan if SN fails or gets taken from me. I went there last year and it was terrifying looking down, I couldn't jump so I'm not confident I'll be able to follow through with that method. The aftermath if I survive is too horrible to think about.

• Love
L

Lostindespair3

Dec 13, 2023
I don't want to jump, but it's seeming like one of the most viable options right now. My family is on such high alert that I can't gather materials needed for SN, CO, hanging, etc. 😩

Rio Grande Gorge Bridge (600ft+)
It would have to be at night.
I'm scared- have no idea how I'll overcome SI! I can't get my hands on benzos…I guess I could bring alcohol and drink it after the two hour drive to the bridge!? It's winter so if I don't die on impact, I'll drown (which frightens me) and freeze!

Reactions: schizochicken