What's the number of floors/height?

How are you going to defeat SI?

• Love
Reactions: schizochicken, Rocinante and Nefer
MyChoiceAlone

MyChoiceAlone

sleep deprived and/or drunk
Jul 23, 2023
jumping? no thanks lol. when i was a kid i thought i would be interested in skydiving. later on maybe early 30's i went on that freefall ride at the amusement park. i don't think i let on but part of me was terrified XD

• Yay!
Reactions: SoftWorries and venin
cheese.out

cheese.out

Why am I still here
Jul 25, 2023
I guess I would do it at nighttime on a building with at least 15 floors and take lot of benzos to fight SI. Maybe even try to knock myself out with butanediol so I would hopefully just fall down.

I often thought about jumping as my method but Idk if this will be my final one.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: Sweet Tart and venin
venin

venin

Text
Jul 28, 2023
I guess I would do it at nighttime on a building with at least 15 floors and take lot of benzos to fight SI. Maybe even try to knock myself out with butanediol so I would hopefully just fall down.

I often thought about jumping as my method but Idk if this will be my final one.
For me I think this will be it 🎰
jumping? no thanks lol. when i was a kid i thought i would be interested in skydiving. later on maybe early 30's i went on that freefall ride at the amusement park. i don't think i let on but part of me was terrified XD
What's yours then?😊

T

Torontopup

Aug 15, 2023
Plan is to take benzos and opioids and then jump from a 12 story bridge at night. It's not as high as I would like, but it's the only accessible one nearby.

• Love
Reactions: 777cave and venin
venin

venin

Text
Jul 28, 2023
Plan is to take benzos and opioids and then jump from a 12 story bridge at night. It's not as high as I would like, but it's the only accessible one nearby.
I understand. The first place that I've found was 13 floors. But I feared it wasn't enough 😵‍💫

S

SeenMoreThanEnough

Student
Sep 16, 2022
It crossed my mind, but there's nowhere around here that is high enough so as to guarantee death. Surviving a long fall would be completely horrific.

To answer your questions, though:

1) Parking Garage
2) At night. Less people, more cover, less chance of being saved/talked out of it by a bystander or police/fire
3) Approximately 80-100 feet, concrete landing
4) Probably Alcohol, using my mind to summon angst/depression/sorrow/hurt and finally rage, before turning this mixture outward vs inward. This can be used to overcome SI no matter the method you choose.

• Love
Reactions: schizochicken and venin
venin

venin

Text
Jul 28, 2023
It crossed my mind, but there's nowhere around here that is high enough so as to guarantee death. Surviving a long fall would be completely horrific.

To answer your questions, though:

1) Parking Garage
2) At night. Less people, more cover, less chance of being saved/talked out of it by a bystander or police/fire
3) Approximately 80-100 feet, concrete landing
4) Probably Alcohol, using my mind to summon angst/depression/sorrow/hurt and finally rage, before turning this mixture outward vs inward. This can be used to overcome SI no matter the method you choose.
I wouldn't risk it either from that height. Good info, ty 🤗

Cardboard

Cardboard

Aug 15, 2023
I would love to CTB by jumping, it would be from somewhere very high (at least 100 meters for concrete impact) and at night time, so that no one sees me. There's a little problem though, the tallest bridge in my country is just 50 meters. That means if I jump, the fall itself won't kill me, but the impact. Not really fan of being concious while my head gets smashed in. Survival instinct isn't really much of a problem with me, I regularly have dreams of jumping from high places. There might be some natural cliff that is 100+ meters tall, however I'm not that outdoorsy to find those places myself. So instead, I will be CTBing by partial hanging.

• Hugs
Reactions: F&Inside, Sweet Tart and venin
venin

venin

Text
Jul 28, 2023
I would love to CTB by jumping, it would be from somewhere very high (at least 100 meters) and at night time, so that no one sees me. There's a little problem though, the tallest bridge in my country is just 50 meters. That means if I jump, the fall itself won't kill me, but the impact. Not really fan of being concious while my head gets smashed in. There might be some natural cliff that is 100+ meters tall, however I'm not that outdoorsy to find those places myself. So instead, I will be CTBing by partial hanging.
Idk why hanging seems so horrible to me…

Reactions: Cardboard
Mndcntrl

Mndcntrl

Aug 15, 2023
Hights are interesting. As a teenie id liked too climb on trees and hope I fall. Everytime I was visiting a high building I thought a few minutes too try end it here... Now where im older and think more over it im scared for jumping down. There are people who survived a fall from over 3000m. I dont want too sit in a wheelchair if it fails...

Reactions: venin
Doz

Doz

Gloom and DOOM
Aug 15, 2023
I've thought about it and done the research for my area. It was my preferred method for a long while. I never had a fear of heights but any time I look up at a super tall building from the ground my heart always sinks to my stomach, is that still a fear of heights? At least of some variety?

• Love
SeaBreeze

SeaBreeze

Suicideation?
Jul 11, 2023
This method became my 1st choice, and is still being planned. No time limits or appointments. Just mistakes and misplaces. I have a bridge to fall from at night, but still can't find a ride, other than Uber.

• Love
Reactions: hopeisdead and venin
neonzebra

neonzebra

Sep 11, 2022
Clifton suspension bridge is definitely a big option for me. The night seems like a good idea as less people will be around and hopefully not being able to see the view so well would make it easier to jump. Problems would be survival instinct of course, and strangers observing me and trying to intervene.

Reactions: ASBA999 and venin
StolenLife

StolenLife

Warlock
Sep 19, 2022
That and train are only options available to me for now. I tried jumping in october but SI was too strong. I need something to minimize it like alcoholic drinks. It also doesn't help that I have fear of heights. All in all, I'm much too cowardly for this method.

• Hugs
Reactions: schizochicken, venin and F&Inside
Cheggz

Cheggz

Aug 9, 2023
In my opinion the inert gas method is the most reliable and least painful.

• Informative
Lost Magic

Lost Magic

Illuminated
May 5, 2020
Well, I certainly don't want to die by any violent means or ways that could traumatize people. The first method I ever thought of was hanging. I said after my mother dies (she died a few years back) I would just take a bottle of Jack to the woods in the summer, drink it and then hang myself from the highest tree. Needless to say, that never happened. Now, I have access to more peaceful methods, I will stick with those. Other than that, it is just a matter of time now. I even have a written will in place and everything is ready for when the time comes.

• Hugs
Reactions: schizochicken, venin and Cardboard
F&Inside

F&Inside

🌊🌊🌊
Aug 9, 2023
Hello everyone.
Jumping is a method that always caught my attention. It has always been present in my life due to various anecdotes/experiences.

One of them: 10-12 Years ago I witnessed a man on the ground, with the police and all around him, waiting for the ambulance I suppose, he had thrown himself off a bridge. The guy was dying on the cement floor. The bridge was about 6-7 floors high. Then I read that it took the man two days to die in the hospital, his organs were damaged or something like that. It wasn't the first time he'd seen something like this either.

I am clear that the first thing is not to harm anyone with the fall and second, it has to be from a height where it is practically impossible to survive even falling on your feet.
See you.

• Informative
  • Hugs
Reactions: venin and annointed_towers
sammiechzxv

sammiechzxv

just a girl who's kinda sad
Aug 7, 2023
I'd like to but I don't think I'll be able to find somewhere I can jump from

Reactions: venin and maybunni
W

wanttosleep

Aug 8, 2023
While i've thought about jumping i would not do it. There are enough stories of people surviving supposedly unsurvivable heights to stop me from trying this method.

• Hugs
hopeisdead

hopeisdead

Into the void.
Aug 15, 2023
Me. I went to the 9th floor of a parking garage but told someone (roommate) and backed out. He said it's the most selfish thing in the world made me come home. I thought he would talk to me when I got home but he barely said anything. Didn't even stop mowing the lawn to say anything as I sat there crying.

Also afraid the 9th floor isn't high enough but there was a news article that someone jumped from that exact parking garage successfully. That's why I went there.

There's a major bridge near me that I cross to get to work but there are cops there frequently monitoring traffic. Plus causing a major traffic back up, etc...... but if I get to that point I really won't care about the damn traffic being backed up.
That and train are only options available to me for now. I tried jumping in october but SI was too strong. I need something to minimize it like alcoholic drinks. It also doesn't help that I have fear of heights. All in all, I'm much too cowardly for this method.
I also have a major fear of heights. 🤬

• Hugs
Reactions: venin, F&Inside and John Ryder
mizumono

mizumono

Aug 9, 2023
the only person who ever loved me jumped. it wasn't high enough but she had taken some drugs, and although i believe it was lights out when she hit the ground, she was alive for a while until someone saw her and called an ambulance, got in surgery and she would have survived but the drugs sped her heart rate so they couldn't stop the internal bleeding so she died on the table. she also looked horrible at the funeral, so much so I couldn't recognize her, sort of swollen and out of sorts and her skin was just a big bruise, it was awful, i don't think i could ever consider jumping after seeing her.

• Aww..
  • Hugs
Reactions: NoHorizon and venin
Kerrtu

Kerrtu

Komeetta ♊︎
May 8, 2023

Oh the Freefall ride - this brings back memories. They had that ride at a now defunct amusement park where I grew up. One year a girl was on the freefall and her ponytail got caught as the ride clamped down in preparation to drop. She didn't make it.

• Aww..
Reactions: venin and MyChoiceAlone
MyChoiceAlone

MyChoiceAlone

Jul 23, 2023
Oh the Freefall ride - this brings back memories. They had that ride at a now defunct amusement park where I grew up. One year a girl was on the freefall and her ponytail got caught as the ride clamped down in preparation to drop. She didn't make it.
omg! that poor family!

Reactions: venin and Kerrtu
D

doneforlife

Arcanist
Jul 18, 2023
It is very scary. I don't want to die this way. On the contrary, if I don't die , I will be left with a more challenging life to navigate.

• Love
Reactions: annointed_towers
imonadeadline

imonadeadline

Call me Line! :P
Aug 15, 2023
I've just recently considered this as a last resort for when things get bad and I don't have the money to buy the materials for a rebreather or CO2. There's this AirBNB type place that I can book and it's in a condominium that has a rooftop on the 23rd floor. I've been there, you'll definitely die if you jump. I felt queasy with how high it was but I hope that whatever pain I would be going through at the time of my commitment numbs the fear that might overcome me. I'll do it at night, there's less people to stop me and honestly would make for a better clean up down below.

Reactions: venin and F&Inside
Kerrtu

Kerrtu

Komeetta ♊︎
May 8, 2023
omg! that poor family!

Absolutely horrible indeed.

That amusement park, looking back - I don't know how it was able to stay open as long as it did. They shut the Freefall down for a while after the girl died, but just about all of the rides were very much "at your own risk".

There was another park we visited when I was a kid - Action Park in New Jersey. They had a fully enclosed loop water slide and someone got stuck in the loop and drowned.

IMG 3278

How the people running Action Park thought this was a good idea remains beyond me.

• Aww..
MyChoiceAlone

MyChoiceAlone

Jul 23, 2023
Action Park in New Jersey
i've never been there but used to hear that name a lot since i grew up in ny. been to great adventure though. yeah, i don't remember specific stories but have heard a few. and yes, that park looks homemade!

Reactions: Kerrtu
lavendermeadows

lavendermeadows

Aug 13, 2023
I have several bridges near me but I am afraid of failure. This is my preferred method just because my family or friends will not have to be the ones to find me. I just wanna disappear into the water…

• Hugs