Mixo

Mixo

Blue
Aug 2, 2020
My abuser likes to threaten me with homelessness whenever they're pissed and want to feel some sense of control. Anyone else dealing with homelessness or might be imminently homeless soon? What's your plan? I know for me, personally, I would rather be dead than be living on the streets, so I'd rather just catch the bus reasonably quickly when I know it's a sure thing.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: Cursed4ever, Hopeindeath!, cowbain and 31 others
sarahR

sarahR

Experienced
Nov 11, 2020
Oh I'm sorry to hear that dear. Hope it's words don't come into action. Why do people are so mean?

• Hugs
Reactions: Life sucks, Ghost2211, sadworld and 7 others
P

pole

Global Mod
Sep 18, 2018
my parents threaten to kick me out of the house, as a way to control me and force me to abide by their rules. i've been facing this since i was young.

i use to be nervous about it cause being homeless is honestly a fear of mine. i wouldn't be able to function and i'd be lost. however, now, when i do get a hold of my method, i honestly wont care if i'm homeless cause it would just be the push i need and ill have my method with me to finish the job.

i'm sorry your abuser threatens you with homelessness. its a threat a person uses to keep a person under their grasp and its extremely manipulative and toxic and something you shouldn't be dealing with ontop of what your going through.

• Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: Hopeindeath!, Gnip, sadsadinfp and 15 others
OminousVaL

OminousVaL

VaL
Jul 31, 2020
I am sorry. Unfortunately I know that feeling all too well and it suffocated me from the inside out. I hope things turn a new leaf for you.

• Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: Hopeindeath!, selfdestructiveurges, Ghost2211 and 8 others
W

whywere

Visionary
Jun 26, 2020
When my "parents" kicked me out way back, I was homeless for awhile. I have said this before on another post, but for me ctb before ever being homeless again ever. I agree with @sarahR as far as why are some people so darn mean to even mention anything like that to another person. I am so sorry for you and you have all my love, caring and empathy in my being towards you. Walter

• Hugs
Reactions: Hopeindeath!, Gnip, Ghost2211 and 6 others
woxihuanni

woxihuanni

Illuminated
Aug 19, 2019
Precisely my situation, except I am also faced with deportation and getting kicked out of my phd. I had everything independently before he lured me in, now I have nothing.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: SadieStar, Hopeindeath!, Gnip and 11 others
Mixo

Mixo

Blue
Aug 2, 2020
Precisely my situation, except I am also faced with deportation and getting kicked out of my phd. I had everything independently before he lured me in, now I have nothing.
I have some things in common with you circumstantially/legally speaking.

• Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: Gnip, Ghost2211, Silvermorning and 3 others
iminkie

iminkie

Aug 22, 2020
That threat is always hanging over me, I've ended up completely dependent on my boyfriend and he knows it. I don't love him anymore but I know that if I say anything I will loose everything and I end up homeless. I feel trapped and suffocated constantly an have no idea what to do

• Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: Hopeindeath!, Gnip, Ghost2211 and 6 others
Deleted member 23586

Deleted member 23586

Hope ur final midnight feels like the hug you need
Nov 8, 2020
Yes, all my life I've been threatened to be kicked out by multiple abusers. To the point that now it's apart of my ptsd. I also live with an abuser as well. She's the absolute worst but I can't really do much for the rest of my family without her, or even myself. Especially since I'm disabled and can't work and... Yea a lot. I've been trying to get on disability forever and it's not only one of the most dehumanizing things, it's not worth it in the end. I have absolutely nothing in the grand scheme of things. And I'm so sorry that you're going through this.

• Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: Hopeindeath!, Gnip, Meow and 7 others
lost guy

lost guy

Just a guy trying to work things out.
Aug 12, 2020
As far as money goes, by Feb. 2021, I will be homeless. The pressure to ctb is on.

• Aww..
  • Hugs
Reactions: Hopeindeath!, Meow, Ghost2211 and 6 others
MichaelNomad123

MichaelNomad123

Jesus
Oct 15, 2020
Yes. I've been homeless before. I was supposed to be a couple of days ago but I haven't left yet. I'm struggling with crippling loneliness right now. The thought of the road is a little daunting in my present state. If you check my post history, you will find some useful homelessness tips if you decide that it is indeed an option rather than just CTBing

• Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: Hopeindeath!, Ghost2211, Spitfire and 5 others
Mixo

Mixo

Blue
Aug 2, 2020
Yes, all my life I've been threatened to be kicked out by multiple abusers. To the point that now it's apart of my ptsd. I also live with an abuser as well. She's the absolute worst but I can't really do much for the rest of my family without her, or even myself. Especially since I'm disabled and can't work and... Yea a lot. I've been trying to get on disability forever and it's not only one of the most dehumanizing things, it's not worth it in the end. I have absolutely nothing in the grand scheme of things. And I'm so sorry that you're going through this.
I'm almost in the same boat as you. Mix in family/friends who don't believe I'm actually ill/disabled and it would be pretty similar. My abuser knows once I'm out on the street I'll probably ctb, so it won't be a surprise to anyone in my life. I'm surprisingly blase about it now, the threat has been hanging over my head for so long. I think I'm just done living, really. Oh, and like you, I think I also have PTSD now. I just have this feeling like I'll never feel safe or secure ever again.

• Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: Hopeindeath!, Superdeterminist, Ghost2211 and 6 others
SuicideBoys93

SuicideBoys93

I am the lord of loneliness.
Feb 10, 2020
I use to have a home. I ended up leaving it to my wife. Even if the cheating bitch doesn't deserve the house. The decent human being that I am will always seem to help those who don't deserve help. I'm not homeless but it would be fairly interesting if my parents didn't happen to be around anymore. Thankfully they're letting me get the divorce in order allowing me to save some money.

• Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: Hopeindeath!, Isaiah, Ghost2211 and 4 others
Deleted member 23586

Deleted member 23586

Nov 8, 2020
I'm almost in the same boat as you. Mix in family/friends who don't believe I'm actually ill/disabled and it would be pretty similar. My abuser knows once I'm out on the street I'll probably ctb, so it won't be a surprise to anyone in my life. I'm surprisingly blase about it now, the threat has been hanging over my head for so long. I think I'm just done living, really. Oh, and like you, I think I also have PTSD now. I just have this feeling like I'll never feel safe or secure ever again.

Actually I had that as wells, the family/friends not believing my mental health struggles. So we are in the same boat huh, just different seats. And I'm sorry about that, I wish I could drop you off somewhere beautiful so you wouldn't have to be here anymore.

• Hugs
Reactions: Hopeindeath!, Ghost2211, Huntfish34 and 1 other person
Mixo

Mixo

Blue
Aug 2, 2020
Actually I had that as wells, the family/friends not believing my mental health struggles. So we are in the same boat huh, just different seats. And I'm sorry about that, I wish I could drop you off somewhere beautiful so you wouldn't have to be here anymore.
Actually physical illness, but yeah. the word "family" doesn't mean much to me now

• Aww..
  • Hugs
Reactions: Gnip, Isaiah, Ghost2211 and 2 others
Deleted member 23586

Deleted member 23586

Nov 8, 2020
Actually physical illness, but yeah. the word "family" doesn't mean much to me now
I completely understand :/ especially the word family losing meaning. Love was another word as well for a long time. Still haven't recovered those two words fully.

• Hugs
Reactions: Gnip, Ghost2211, Huntfish34 and 1 other person
woxihuanni

woxihuanni

Illuminated
Aug 19, 2019

Yes, it's been hanging over my head so long as well, and he also knows precisely what will happen.

• Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: Gnip, Ghost2211, Mixo and 1 other person
Meditation guide

Meditation guide

Always was, is, and always shall be.
Jun 22, 2020
My abuser likes to threaten me with homelessness whenever they're pissed and want to feel some sense of control. Anyone else dealing with homelessness or might be imminently homeless soon? What's your plan? I know for me, personally, I would rather be dead than be living on the streets, so I'd rather just catch the bus reasonably quickly when I know it's a sure thing.
I feel bad for you and don't blame you a bit for wanting to ctb because of it. I can relate to it also.

• Hugs
Reactions: Hopeindeath!, Gnip, Silvermorning and 1 other person
S

Symbiote

Global Mod
Oct 12, 2020
I wish I was homeless so I can hurry up and die already. Being homeless is better than living with an abuser who attempts to keep you against your will, doesn't see you as a human being, and feels they own you.

• Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: Hopeindeath!, Gnip, Isaiah and 3 others
Mixo

Mixo

Blue
Aug 2, 2020
I wish I was homeless so I can hurry up and die already. Being homeless is better than living with an abuser who attempts to keep you against your will, doesn't see you as a human being, and feels they own you.
You have no idea how much this statement resonates with me. And speaking as someone who's been in both situations, it would have been better for me to have exited while on my own, even under the worst of circumstances like being homeless.

• Hugs
Reactions: Gnip, Ghost2211 and Silvermorning
G

Ghost2211

Archangel
Jan 20, 2020
Yes, my abuser also tried to make me homeless, but fate bought me more time. I don't know if he is being nicer now, or if it's all going to happen again. I live in fear of homelessness every day. The only thing protecting me is the kids, and they don't even know. They won't let him discard me like trash. Without their bond to me he would have done everything in his power to make me burn for leaving him.

• Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: Hopeindeath!, Gnip, Symbiote and 2 others
Mixo

Mixo

Blue
Aug 2, 2020
I'm surprised and comforted by all the replies here, but also extremely saddened that so many of us are so vulnerable to the whims of others. There is one other user I've seen here on SS who CTB'ed because his parents threatened to throw him out and he wasn't self-sufficient/disabled. I wouldn't have dreamed in a million years that I'd be treated the same way, but life can be so fragile, unpredictable and people can be such garbage. Thanks for all the replies here, I feel a bit more understood now and I'm grateful for that.
As far as money goes, by Feb. 2021, I will be homeless. The pressure to ctb is on.
Is that really the likely outcome? If so, I'm sorry. There's a high probability I'll be there too.
Yes. I've been homeless before. I was supposed to be a couple of days ago but I haven't left yet. I'm struggling with crippling loneliness right now. The thought of the road is a little daunting in my present state. If you check my post history, you will find some useful homelessness tips if you decide that it is indeed an option rather than just CTBing
I've done homeless before - when I was able-bodied and when I was ill/disabled. They're very different experiences, and sadly much worse when you're already so ill. I'm pretty at peace with the plan to exit this world when that eventuality does come. I can see now that there's no real road to recovery for me and I'm okay with it. I just wish I hadn't stuck around so long, just to suffer needlessly because of false hope/survival instinct. I appreciate the offer though; in the past, I relied a lot on reddit for homelessness tips.

Last edited:
  • Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: Gnip, Silvermorning, Disappointered and 1 other person
L

liluglibih

Jul 14, 2020
Are there no family or friends you could stay with until you figure something out?

BridgeJumper

BridgeJumper

The Arsonist
Apr 7, 2019
I will be voluntarily homeless because I have no way to force my abusive parents to give me back my money and cant fucking stand their fucking behaviour, no way to find a job because covid, no shelter in the town Im moving into but having a tall bridge nearby so I can off myself anytime is importanter to me :)
Already freezing my ass off, no calls from my lovely relatives in like 3 days, nobody will give me a temporary place and the only person willing to just attempted suicide, amazing! Life is a gift!!

• Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: Hopeindeath!, Gnip, Silvermorning and 2 others
_Kaira_

_Kaira_

This Isn't Fine
Oct 2, 2020
I feel like I will be soon. I already have been for awhile, but trying to improve myself isn't working anymore. Still too many arguments. I'm not wanted around here anymore. I feel like at this point that would actually be for the best to be honest.

• Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: Hopeindeath!, Gnip and Silvermorning
TheSomebody

TheSomebody

Sep 28, 2020
soon I'll be on the street too, because I can't work. I hope ctb before that happens

• Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: Mixo, Hopeindeath! and Silvermorning
torimandy

torimandy

Fear is the mind killer
Aug 3, 2020
Living under some tree isn't always that terrible. It is all a matter of what you are willing to endure and sometimes it does you good to call your abusers bluff. It makes their threat very empty in the future.

Yes, I have lived under that tree myself.

• Hugs
Reactions: Hopeindeath! and Silvermorning
Silvermorning

Silvermorning

The polar bears made me do it
Oct 10, 2020
This thread breaks my heart.
I know words don't mean much,
but you are all in my thoughts.

• Hugs
Reactions: Hopeindeath! and SmellyRat