H

HadEnough1974

I try to be funny...
Jan 14, 2020
Am I the only one hating the new green "look and feel" for the forum?

It just makes me wanna puke. I liked the older format.

As Kermit (the frog) would say "nothing wrong being green", but please, not here.

Your thoughts?

Reactions: XYZ, sufferingalways, Caspers and 7 others
Worndown

Worndown

Visionary
Mar 21, 2019
Somewhere on the lower left are options. The Dark is nice.

Reactions: purplesmoothie, Valon, theguineapigking and 2 others
W

whywere

Visionary
Jun 26, 2020
I agree with you. The green background is horrible to say the least.

Reactions: Viro_Major, Meditation guide and HadEnough1974
Life_and_Death

Life_and_Death

Do what's best for you 🕯️ Sometimes I'm stressed
Jul 1, 2020
Why do people feel the need to say they hate it. This is the idk how many but a few that have said they don't like the new version admin put a lot of work into. If you don't like it there's an option to go back to the old one in the bottom left.

• Wow
Reactions: pthnrdnojvsc, Fragile, Sensei and 18 others
H

HadEnough1974

I try to be funny...
Jan 14, 2020
Why do people feel the need to say they hate it. This is the idk how many but a few that have said they don't like the new version admin put a lot of work into. If you don't like it there's an option to go back to the old one in the bottom left.

I appreciate the work, I don't see that option on bottom left. What does the text read? Revert to old version? I don't see it.

Life_and_Death

Life_and_Death

Do what's best for you 🕯️ Sometimes I'm stressed
Jul 1, 2020
I appreciate the work, I don't see that option on bottom left. What does the text read? Revert to old version? I don't see it.
It will say the version you are currently on. Click it and it will give you other options

D

Donewiyhitall

Sep 5, 2020
Hate it

Reactions: Brink and Meditation guide
R

rt1989526

Paragon
Aug 2, 2020
If you go to preferences you can switch it back to the old display.

Reactions: Deleted member 4993 and GoodPersonEffed
H

HadEnough1974

I try to be funny...
Jan 14, 2020
Reactions: Deleted member 4993, Soul and Meditation guide
W

Wisdom3_1-9

he/him/his
Jul 19, 2020
I for one like the new design and appreciate the work that went into it. There are a few things I miss from the old design, such as being able to see who made the most recent post in a thread, and how long someone has been a member. I also think the site name is a bit too prominent in this version, which hinders my efforts to be discreet. Nonetheless, I think it's a really clean design and I love the font.

Thanks to the admins and staff for all their hard work in maintaining this site as a safe and welcoming place for all of us. I'm not sure we thank you enough.

Reactions: pthnrdnojvsc, cazwiz, Sunset764 and 3 others
Meditation guide

Meditation guide

Always was, is, and always shall be.
Jun 22, 2020
I'm grateful to be able to choose the option I like. I put it back on the old one. It's simpler and more compact. That big photo, although pretty, I had to scroll through on the new version each time I changed pages was getting tedious.

I love this site so much I don't mean to be so critical though. I truly appreciate the work and effort that goes into this.

Last edited:
Reactions: raindrop, pthnrdnojvsc, Lostandlooking and 4 others
H

HadEnough1974

I try to be funny...
Jan 14, 2020
I for one like the new design and appreciate the work that went into it. There are a few things I miss from the old design, such as being able to see who made the most recent post in a thread, and how long someone has been a member. I also think the site name is a bit too prominent in this version, which hinders my efforts to be discreet. Nonetheless, I think it's a really clean design and I love the font.

Thanks to the admins and staff for all their hard work in maintaining this site as a safe and welcoming place for all of us. I'm not sure we thank you enough.

Yes, thanks to the admins and everyone who works hard at making this place so welcoming.

Reactions: Sunset764, Chupacabra 44 and Meditation guide
LivingDeadGirl

LivingDeadGirl

Sep 4, 2020
Dark (2019) all the way lol

• Love
Reactions: checkouttime, Wayfaerer, death137 and 2 others
R

rt1989526

Paragon
Aug 2, 2020
As others have said appreciate the staff for putting in the work for the community. I got used to the old format so I'm sticking with it. Grateful for the effort

Reactions: Deleted member 4993
H

HadEnough1974

I try to be funny...
Jan 14, 2020
Yeah I see the options now.

G

Ghost2211

Archangel
Jan 20, 2020
I appreciate the thought and effort that was put in, and it's cool having more options. I use classic light since it just works better for me visually. The site has been running smoother since the update as well.

Reactions: Meditation guide
Dreamless Sleep

Dreamless Sleep

The eternal night before chaos...
Feb 1, 2020
Although I prefer the dark theme, I think I could have gotten used to the new colors and stuff.

It was just the very prominent name of the forum up top that didnt go away when you scrolled that bothered me. I like being able to keep reading when my mom or daughter are around and they have no idea what site I'm on. ;)

Futile

Futile

Tired of being lonely
Sep 3, 2020
Dark 2019 is the best one for me, the new dark has too much contrast which kinda kills the point of it

Reactions: sufferingalways
Viro_Major

Viro_Major

Rad maker
Jul 30, 2020
"Don't fix what's not broken" they say ?
I'm also not understanding the need for "frequent" theme upgrades when it brings no revolution but backwards.
I'm thankful about the attention towards the maintenance though.

I reverted to Dark 2019 as well

Last edited:
DetachedDreamer97

DetachedDreamer97

Enlightened
Mar 17, 2018
I don't mind the green so much... though I'd say the white ruins it. Same with blue.

If we had a dark for green, and blue, then that would be grand.

Reactions: Worthless_nobody
disabledandhopeless

disabledandhopeless

Enlightened
Mar 1, 2020
I prefer the old design.

Reactions: Deleted member 4993, mahakaliSS_MahaDurga, Emily_Numb and 1 other person
Caspers

Caspers

Lost
Jun 23, 2020
I think it's because I don't like change. I bet if that was it originally was the new version and reverted to the old version, there would be similar responses. I appreciate the work done, and I am certain myself and some others would come to like it over time.
Edit: I think the dark 2020 version is really good, I like it

Last edited:
Reactions: mahakaliSS_MahaDurga
Emily_Numb

Emily_Numb

Wizard
Jan 14, 2020
Agreed. The new design looks absolutely terrible on an iPhone and difficult to read. If they force us to use this then I'll probably stop using the forum tbh.

watereyes

watereyes

les malheurs de lizzie
Mar 27, 2020
I'm glad we can still revert to the old one. What makes me uncomfortable though is the little skull next to suicide discussion, aswell as the poison thingy next to [method] threads. I think those are better left without an icon.

Reactions: pthnrdnojvsc and crybaby
BipolarGuy

BipolarGuy

Enlightened
Aug 6, 2020
Agreed. The new design looks absolutely terrible on an iPhone and difficult to read. If they force us to use this then I'll probably stop using the forum tbh.
"I'll stop using your free to use website and take my money elsewhere".

Am I right?

• Hmph!
Reactions: pthnrdnojvsc, Worthless_nobody, mahakaliSS_MahaDurga and 2 others
I

I screwed up

Waiting for the damn bus
Sep 11, 2019
The older format / design was much more user friendly and easy on the eye

Reactions: Emily_Numb
Emily_Numb

Emily_Numb

Wizard
Jan 14, 2020
"I'll stop using your free to use website and take my money elsewhere".

Am I right?
So what that it's free to use? So is every other forum on the Internet. If I can't read the posts because of shitty formatting then yes, I'll probably stop using the site.

Last edited:
A

AdiosAmigos

Jan 12, 2020
I enjoy this but I'm more of a new user so not too used to the old one. I also use mobile a lot so this is much easier on my eyes.

Reactions: Sunset764 and dec132013