Who do you think will win the US presidential election?

• Trump

Votes: 39 45.9%
  • Biden

Votes: 46 54.1%

• Total voters
Fragile

Fragile

Broken
Jul 7, 2019
Tomorrow will be an interesting day.

Many people from around the world are following this event and there will be a shitstorm either way. I know it's impossible to predict the outcome, especially since the 2016 election, but in your opinion, who's more likely to win and why?

Reactions: thisisstupid, Ghost2211, Broken Chimera and 3 others
MichaelNomad123

MichaelNomad123

Jesus
Oct 15, 2020
I would be extremely surprised if Trump had another term. If he did, it would indicate to me that I know nothing and that I grossly misjudged how sick America truly is.

Reactions: GreyMagic, everydayiloveyou, W’ren and 3 others
Kramer

Kramer

Nervous wreck
Oct 27, 2020
Trump will pull a Julius Caesar and declare himself "First Citizen."

8BE3C3FB AB02 43BD A19E E4BD26E4D8AE

• Wow
  • Hugs
Reactions: stygal, antigone_iris, Viro_Major and 5 others
waived

waived

I am a sunrise
Jan 5, 2019
I would be extremely surprised if Trump had another term. If he did, it would indicate to me that I know nothing and that I grossly misjudged how sick America truly is.

As surprised as the first time?

Reactions: Isadeth, Sensei and Fragile
waived

waived

I am a sunrise
Jan 5, 2019
@MichaelNomad123

Why?

Last edited:
MichaelNomad123

MichaelNomad123

Jesus
Oct 15, 2020
The context has changed. I can forgive voters for sleeping on the first, but it's different now. A lot has been said and done. From my own experience with the people in my life, it seems as if there is a great but quiet effort to vote. I wouldn't be surprised if this was one of the largest voter turnouts in US history. Time will tell I suppose, but I think that the 2016 election was a rude awakening for a lot of people that were comfortable in their apathy. I don't think they will sleep through another election.

Reactions: Lupgevif, antigone_iris and Brink
waived

waived

I am a sunrise
Jan 5, 2019
@MichaelNomad123
The vote doesn't change the sentiment and material realities that were already present under both parties. I don't think trading apathy for naivety is progress I think it's cybernetics.

• Love
Reactions: Good4Nothing and Sensei
MichaelNomad123

MichaelNomad123

Jesus
Oct 15, 2020
@MichaelNomad123
The vote doesn't change the sentiment and material realities that were already present under both parties. I don't think trading apathy for naivety is progress I think it's cybernetics.
I'm not sure I understand your point. If you're saying that voting doesn't matter because both parties have issues then I can agree with half of that and the other half on principle. I don't think voting someone incompetent out of an important job is naive, though. That seems very rooted in reality from my perspective, regardless of the issues with both of the main parties.

Reactions: Lupgevif
waived

waived

I am a sunrise
Jan 5, 2019
I'm not sure I understand your point. If you're saying that voting doesn't matter because both parties have issues then I can agree with half of that and the other half on principle. I don't think voting someone incompetent out of an important job is naive, though. That seems very rooted in reality from my perspective, regardless of the issues with both of the main parties.

You're casting a vote for the broader system(s) that the political parties govern. That system was built and maintained on the destruction and control of human bodies as labor power. The unrest in the United States isn't because democrats are mad it's because those system(s) have always ever been succeeding for the wealthy and failing for the majority who are middle class and poor and there aren't enough offsets in enticements of work, a relief from the social destitution and almost universal feeling of futurelessness, social services, or intimidation and killings by police, to maintain the rule of the dominant order in its totality. Trading yesterday's confusion and alienated apathy for a naivety in a big voter turn out doesn't change the material reality of the multitude of crises being faced by everyone even before the viral pandemic. I think that you are correct that this could be a very large voter turn out, but to internalize and rationalize it as progress is to be comfortably in the same role as before with a different title and has thus exchanged apathy for a naivety that such performative gestures have ever mattered.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Sensei
Grav

Grav

Wizard
Jul 26, 2020
The good thing about plague20 is that it's shown what "leaders" do/do not have a grasp on, how businesses run, how people behave, how things work, and who's zooming who. I already threw my vote away so of the big monsters I have no love for either. I wouldn't be shocked if Trump pulls it off but I also wouldn't be surprised at a Biden win. Biden hasn't planted his flag on what he will or won't do and where he stands on the "itchier" topics that can swing people, the devil is in the details. Trump has the "devil you know" appeal, a business article early Oct had the same thing (there was more to it but this is the high point). It's pretty pathetic that the country can barely get 60% voter turnout, if that. Either way it'll be close, any "landslide" numbers should probably be suspect nationally, certain states are a lock so those aren't a surprise. Either way I'm really, really, really tired of all the antics of children so at least in my neck of the woods it's getting colder so less people roaming around being their normal enjoyable selves.

Reactions: searchingfreedom
puppy9

puppy9

au revoir
Jun 13, 2019
According to this poll Biden is leading by 11.2%

tenor.gif

Reactions: Ghost2211, Sensei, Fragile and 1 other person
Viro_Major

Viro_Major

Rad maker
Jul 30, 2020
a rude awakening for a lot of people that were comfortable in their apathy. I don't think they will sleep through another election.

Think I must be too old to hear about hope. So little change over time. Mini shakes but no earthquake of consciousness, just slow evolution like a snail facing the Everest.

Something to drown your sorrow into

Last edited:
Reactions: searchingfreedom, Good4Nothing, Sensei and 1 other person
MichaelNomad123

MichaelNomad123

Jesus
Oct 15, 2020
You're casting a vote for the broader system(s) that the political parties govern. That system was built and maintained on the destruction and control of human bodies as labor power. The unrest in the United States isn't because democrats are mad it's because those system(s) have always ever been succeeding for the wealthy and failing for the majority who are middle class and poor and there aren't enough offsets in enticements of work, a relief from the social destitution and almost universal feeling of futurelessness, social services, or intimidation and killings by police, to maintain the rule of the dominant order in its totality. Trading yesterday's confusion and alienated apathy for a naivety in a big voter turn out doesn't change the material reality of the multitude of crises being faced by everyone even before the viral pandemic. I think that you are correct that this could be a very large voter turn out, but to internalize and rationalize it as progress is to be comfortably in the same role as before with a different title and has thus exchanged apathy for a naivety that such performative gestures have ever mattered.
That is a much broader topic and not one I was addressing, however I agree with your sentiments.
Think I must be too old to hear about hope. So little change over time. Mini shakes but no earthquake of consciousness, just slow evolution like a snail facing the Everest.

Something to drown your sorrow in
I find it too easy to slip into eternal bleakness. The ease is what I find uncomfortable. I resist it. It perhaps makes me a fool, but I have been called worse things.

Reactions: Viro_Major
Viro_Major

Viro_Major

Rad maker
Jul 30, 2020
No worries, I share some idealism roots. But precisely I'm rather worried to notice people handling their power away into elections. Those seeking to rule are the least able to govern in my opinion. I'm not expecting for revolution via political change through indirect democraties. So I'm not a fan of this sad entertainement as a whole. I'm just not seeing people taking charge by voting, on the contrary. It looks like a capitulation.

Last edited:
Reactions: netrezven, Good4Nothing and Fragile
Grav

Grav

Wizard
Jul 26, 2020
have some idealism roots.

On a "good day" I have some of those as well but lately pass pretty quickly. Totally agree with you on those who have the ability to govern.

• Hugs
Reactions: Viro_Major
D

Deleted member 1465

_
Jul 31, 2018
Trump has a massive following despite everything. He could do anything he wants and they would still follow him.
In some ways, the War Between the States never really ended, it just faded into the background. I have no doubt there are those ready to rise again, just as there are those ready to oppose them. :O
And if Biden wins, yes, I'm sure Trump has prepared a contingency plan. America is a nation on the brink of national chaos at exactly the time in its history that it needs to be united.
If I was the premier of an an aggressive, opportunistic super-power, opposed to the west, I'd be rubbing my hands in glee waiting for the outcome, ready with all my military resources to take advantage of a confused enemy.

Lupgevif

Lupgevif

Jul 23, 2020
Trump. Either the polls are wrong again (which wouldn't be surprising, the United States can't do anything that doesn't involve getting economic advantage over another country properly), or he won't accept defeat and take it to court. Either, the USA gets what they deserve.

Reactions: mediocre, Isadeth and Deleted member 23374
Good4Nothing

Good4Nothing

Unlovable
May 8, 2020
Trump will win. Presidents always get a second term. Obama, W, Clinton...

It won't matter who's elected, anyway, it won't change anything.
Corporations run the show. The president is a figurehead, a stooge, an emperor with no clothes.

Reactions: puppy9, Sprite_Geist, mediocre and 6 others
Despondent

Despondent

Archangel
Dec 20, 2019
Hopefully Biden wins and I'm not even from the US

• Love
Reactions: Squiddy
Good4Nothing

Good4Nothing

Unlovable
May 8, 2020
Theyre both disgusting.
You've got Trump who treats women like objects ("grab 'em by the p***y"), and Biden who can't keep his hands off little girls. The same people who want to castrate or murder pedophiles are going to line up in droves to vote one leader of the free world. It's baffling to me.

I won't be voting. Neither of these douchebags are the best America has to offer. In fact, they're both embarrassments.
We're being played for fools. Someone is having a good laugh at our expense.

• Wow
Reactions: Lupgevif, netrezven, searchingfreedom and 6 others
S

Symbiote

Global Mod
Oct 12, 2020
Both candidates suck, both their running mates suck too. They never work in the best interests for the people, but only for corporations and the 1%ers. On a financial standpoint, I'm a fiscal conservative, I do believe in hard work ethic and not giving free handouts to people who never worked a day in their life even when their abled. I also enjoy 2nd amendment, tax cuts, and keeping the peace by not engaging with any world leaders or getting involved in worldly affairs. The outcome of the election won't change things, may make the liberals pissed off and mad if Trump wins, if Biden wins, they'll still be mad when promises aren't kept, but most Republican be like "meh, see you in 2024"

• Love
Reactions: searchingfreedom, mediocre, Wayfaerer and 2 others
Wayfaerer

Wayfaerer

JFMSUF
Aug 21, 2019
Trump will win. Presidents always get a second term. Obama, W, Clinton...

It won't matter who's elected, anyway, it won't change anything.
Corporations run the show. The president is a figurehead, a stooge, an emperor with no clothes.

Jimmy Carter was a one-term president thanks to the iranian hostage situation. Being an incumbent is very helpful in a race but it's not bullet-proof.

Good4Nothing

Good4Nothing

Unlovable
May 8, 2020
Jimmy Carter was a one-term president thanks to the iranian hostage situation. Being an incumbent is very helpful in a race but it's not bullet-proof.

Yah, Bush Sr. also served just one term.
It used to be more common. Over the past 25 or 30 years, though, every president has served 2 terms, whether they were actually good for the country or not.

G

Ghost2211

Archangel
Jan 20, 2020
I put Biden because even though I feel Americans are so stupid that we will vote for Trump yet again I couldn't bring myself to put in a vote for Trump.

Reactions: Thinking and SweetSurrender
Broken Chimera

Broken Chimera

The abyss also gazes into you
May 27, 2019
No matter who wins, we lose. If voting actually changed anything the real controllers of this country wouldn't let us do it.

• Love
Reactions: netrezven, puppy9, Good4Nothing and 1 other person
Sherri

Sherri

Archangel
Sep 28, 2020
I'm probably gonna have some bad responses, but I do like Trump.

• Wow
  • Love
Reactions: Fragile, Wayfaerer, mahakaliSS_MahaDurga and 2 others
S

Symbiote

Global Mod
Oct 12, 2020
I'm probably gonna have some bad responses, but I do like Trump.

I like to equate voting for Trump is equal to voting for Meteor 2020.

Reactions: Thinking
Sherri

Sherri

Archangel
Sep 28, 2020
I like to equate voting for Trump is equal to voting for Meteor 2020.
I respect your opinion, but like we say among friends, in this case a member here I don't discuss politics. Just said who I would like to win. He has nothing to do with the virus, and the American economy before the pandemic was thriving again.