If you could choose only one:

• To have whatever's causing you to want to die no longer be the case (if within the laws of nature)

Votes: 28 53.8%
  • To be able to die under the exact circumstances you want within one year's time (same rule applies)

Votes: 24 46.2%

• Total voters
Rounded Apathy

Rounded Apathy

Longing to return to stardust
Aug 8, 2022
By the first option, I mean something like you could be cured of whatever host of physical chronic illnesses you might currently have, even if the cure isn't currently known, but you will still get old and your body will naturally degrade; you still could die of an injury or accident, and so on. If you have a crippling fear of these kinds of things that counts - you could choose not to fear the inevitable decline of the body. Basically you could be your idealized version of you living your best life, but you cannot be superhuman!

The second is pretty obvious I think. Dying painlessly in your sleep seems like a cop out but I'll allow it given the radical change allowed in the other option. Others include dying in the company of loved ones who will "get it"; no hostility or whatever. Again, no breaking the rules of physics etc. but any logically possible scenario is okay.

So...which do you choose? And why, if you care to share?

• Hugs
Reactions: Per Ardua Ad Astra and CTB Dream
J

jjwtn26

Oct 7, 2022
I would choose the option to die. I feel like even living my best life would still be pretty pointless and boring. Plus there would still be plenty of things to worry about like losing loved ones, serious injuries, natural disasters, etc.

• Hugs
Reactions: wanttodie, redeyepiranha, resolutory and 2 others
theboy

theboy

Illuminated
Jul 15, 2022
It is an interesting and difficult question to answer
In fact, I was thinking about this very question a few days ago.
I guess I choose the option to die

• Hugs
Reactions: CTB Dream
C

crimson blue

My demons haunt me
Sep 29, 2022
I don't know how to answer this question, I think I would like to kill myself but at the right time, when I've tried everything and it doesn't work. Although if it worked and I managed to get out of the hole, I would still like to commit suicide when I decide so.

• Hugs
Reactions: CTB Dream
CTB Dream

CTB Dream

Injury damage disabl hard talk no argu make fun et
Sep 17, 2022
Ctb want not stay anymore life fake see all fake all temp better leave not risk same same injury damage again haplen

• Aww..
  • Hugs
Reactions: Cathy Ames and crimson blue
sleeps

sleeps

being a thing
Oct 12, 2022
the first option is a bit tempting. it'd be fascinating to experience my own mind and body without chronic illness. i really wonder what that'd be like.

on the other hand, it's hard to pass up a guaranteed painless death. i think that's the one i'd go with. total freedom from suffering.

Reactions: WhatDoesTheFoxSay?, Per Ardua Ad Astra and Un-
Dead Ghost

Dead Ghost

Mestre del Temps
May 6, 2022
A life without diseases? where do i sign?
//
Una vida sense malaties? on he de signar?

Reactions: Callie Arcale and Per Ardua Ad Astra
makethepainstop

makethepainstop

Visionary
Sep 16, 2022
There is no way in hell I can get what I want without reincarnating once again. 🎶So let me end this life!🎶🚌

IntoTheLight

IntoTheLight

Oct 11, 2022
I'd like to be able to turn back time by a year and make different decisions. If that's not allowed, I'd still choose number 1 though, having a healthy mind and body would probably allow me to enjoy life again.

Reactions: Celerity, WhatDoesTheFoxSay?, Dead Ghost and 2 others
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
If I was able to have the option of dying a peaceful death in a years time then I would feel very relieved that it's all coming to an end. Of course I would go for that option. Nothing could ever make me want to exist, simply being alive could never appeal to me in any way even if I could change things. Life itself will always be the problem for me, I dislike the concept of life with the unlimited potential for awful things to happen and all of the randomness and unfairness. Old age is something horrifying and something to be avoided. The fact that suffering is inevitable in life means that peaceful nonexistence is ideal and is preferable to any kind of life.

Life_and_Death

Life_and_Death

Do what's best for you 🕯️ Sometimes I'm stressed
Jul 1, 2020
2....im a nuisance, i hate myself, i dont want to be here..

• Hugs
Reactions: actual_fox and Un-
GrumpyFrog

GrumpyFrog

Exhausted
Aug 23, 2020
If I could fix the world around me and make wars and cruelty and suffering go away, at least the most horrible forms of it, then I'd happily live in that world. I love a lot about life. I love people, animals and nature. I love to watch the change of seasons, to celebrate holidays, to cheer for others as they achieve good things. I love modern technology and I'd love to see where it goes in the future. I like my job, I love to make friends, I had dreams and goals. Before I expected to get nuked any day. But I just can't stand the senseless violence, the cruelty, the utter insanity that surrounds me. I can't accept it as a fact of life, I can't cope with it, I can't watch it anymore. And there is nothing I can do to fix it. If I can magically make it go away, I'd live a happy life. Not sure if that's breaking laws of nature or not...

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: Angst Filled Fuck Up, actual_fox, WhatDoesTheFoxSay? and 2 others
Hirokami

Hirokami

Out of order
Feb 21, 2021
Honestly, if I could get rid of the effects of my trauma and mental illnesses, I'd be a much happier person. The reason I think about ctb so much is because I want to stop suffering. And I hate living in a world that adds to my suffering. I don't want to die for the sake of it. I just want the pain to stop. If the pain stops, then I could probably go on.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: Per Ardua Ad Astra, GrumpyFrog, Dead Ghost and 1 other person
𖣴 nadia 𖣴

𖣴 nadia 𖣴

...member...
Dec 15, 2021
The problem with option 1 is that you could encounter a new reason to ctb down the line e.g. You're cured of your current illness only to be afflicted by a worse illness later on.

I would choose option 2 if it means that my loved ones wouldn't feel any grief and I could say goodbye to them.

Reactions: Angst Filled Fuck Up, Insaner_Robot and lachrymost
I

Insaner_Robot

Oct 12, 2022
There is only option 2 for me, it's against the laws of nature, people can't come back.

Everyone I love has already gone, except for my families two cats, even though I know they need me and genuinely love me. But If I try to stay they will lose the only home they ever knew. And the home and family they knew were so important to them.

I have two brothers, both around a decade older than me. But I know they don't consider me family really, the better of the two is dismissive of me but he did love our mother and likes animals so with my life insurance he can save the house and care for them.

• Aww..
  • Hugs
Reactions: Per Ardua Ad Astra, Angst Filled Fuck Up and GrumpyFrog
StolenLife

StolenLife

Warlock
Sep 19, 2022
Reversing time is not an option so I'll have to go with 2.

• Hugs
Reactions: lachrymost and GrumpyFrog
lachrymost

lachrymost

finger on the eject button
Oct 4, 2022
Chances are I'll just end up in the same place when another awful thing happens, so 2 is most prudent.

Reactions: 𖣴 nadia 𖣴
Celerity

Celerity

shape without form, shade without colour
Jan 24, 2021
I have gotten a lot better over the past several months. Life, at least for now, is not inherently awful to me anymore. I can't really enumerate exactly what things I would fix at the moment (my personality, maybe?), but if I could have a better life, I would take it.

freedompass

freedompass

Warlock
Jan 27, 2021
I have quite a comfy, pleasant life nowadays. But I still chose option 2. It's hard to explain. It's like…waaay too much trauma and grief in the past that I can't come back from. It's tainted my view of the world which was never rosy to start with. I'm grateful not to be in pain. But can't shed my deep aversion to life, nature, this world. To ctb in a manner of my choosing…peaceful and painless…is my best and only hope.