• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

N

noname223

Angelic
Aug 18, 2020
I am not sure whether I should replace subject with field. And master with study.
This would mean huge difference concerning the possible answers.

I had the thought when I compared the difficulty level of subjects to study. Someone in college said to me my subject is not that hard compared to other ones. I don't want to reveal which subject I study though. He said it is not that much stuff to memorize compared with medicine. I ask myself how hard different subjects are.

I think studying requires a lot of resilience. I am not that good in that this is why I only study part-time. This is the only reason why I am not collapsing.

Here is an example list that I found online.

1. Engineering 2. Chartered Accountancy 3. Medical 4. Quantum Mechanics 5. Pharmacy 6. Architecture 7. Psychology 8. Statistics 9. Law 10. Chemistry 11. Astrophysics 12. Meteorology 13.Foreign language

I am surprised by some subjects. The list is by the way about the most difficult courses to study.
I am only layman but my list would have looked different. My first place would have been Quantum mechanics, soon afterwards medical or pharmacy.

I also wonder about psychology. I have met many psychologists and some seemed for me to be idiots with not much competence, skill or empathy. Maybe I am disrespectful towards them. But I had the feeling some of them did not have any capability to imagine how I am feeling. I rather had the feeling many of them were good at memorizing facts from college without the ability to transfer that knowledge on acutal cases. However I have to say that I especially had this feeling with therapists who did not have much experience. I am undecided. I had a very good therapist with not much experience and an horrible therapist who even was a lecturer. I did not have the feeling they were very skilled in using abstract notions in most cases.

However this thread is not meant to be for shitting on psychologists. I think I a very good psychologist probably has a very high IQ. One could also argue that emotional intelligence also plays a major role.

I don't rate social sciences, sports, certain languages, economics as very difficult on a comparative level. However i think dedication can make a real diffference whether one is really good in one's field.

But my whole thoughts on this topic are pretty shallow and useless half-knowledge. Most of it is probably affected by stereotypes and superficial anecdotes. So I will be pleased if someone could enlighten me so that I can be a good impostor at my next conversation at college and portray myself as the smartass I really crave to be.

I think the thread is mostly about Bachelor or Master degree. I think being an expert in any field demands huge cognitive abilities.

Another discussion would be which personalities are attracted by which subject the most. For me some stereotypes turned out to be true. But that is comment on something I won't reveal.

Last edited:
Reactions: Itz_d3p
jodes2

jodes2

Hello people ❤️
Aug 28, 2022
It depends on your talents. Memory. Talent with visualisation of methematical concepts. Ability to learn languages. Ability to memorise passages. Ability to write essays. Cognition for statistical concepts. Ability to understand chemistry. The ability to understand people. They're all different. I found mathematics relatively easy, but language related subjects and anything requiring memory very hard. The trick is you should just do what you're best at. It's what most people do, and it's highly advisable. For the best job, also do something that you can apply well. As you said, someone with a psychology degree who goes into therapy without being good at understanding people is making a bad mistake.

Reactions: lionetta12
CTB Dream

CTB Dream

Disabled. Hard talk, don't argue, make fun, etc
Sep 17, 2022
Truth tell diffi human make sometime artifical make elite gatekeep. Give efficient way learn get good result any topic. See this all topic human artificial barrier, math music comp lang. This lang alone vry prblm no effcnt nothing ,see Japan other Asia still use char old no advance, other place world see lang no advance use etc. Both subject medium transfer no effcnt all look hard. Make effort make simple all ppl understand

locked*n*loaded

locked*n*loaded

Archangel
Apr 15, 2022
I'd agree that Quantum Mechanics would be the most difficult. Any type of physics, really.

catowice

catowice

I'm not from katowice!
Jun 17, 2022
Language, the older you are (for me)

Social studies, the younger you are (also for me)

Natural sciences, opinion varies. I didn't struggle with this at all.

Philosophy, can't even tell if we're studying it properly or not. Is this hard?