iDieUDie80

iDieUDie80

Arcanist
Jul 6, 2020
Which methods deal with the least amount of survival instinct in your opinion?

Greenberg

Greenberg

nitrogenexit.blogspot.com
Jun 28, 2020
I would suggest any method which is peaceful and painless.

Reactions: WearyOfStruggling, redbutterfly and sadghost
W

Wisdom3_1-9

he/him/his
Jul 19, 2020
Hmm... this very interesting to consider. I suspect the answer varies depending on the individual, but still an interesting query.

I think @Greenberg's comment about peaceful and painless might have some traction, but 1) those are hard to come by, and 2) there's still always that last decision you need to make. My initial inkling would have been to something super quick, where you couldn't think about it too much, but even those require intense psychological will to overcome SI. I suspect it would need to be a method that lowered your inhibitions in the process.

Reactions: Deleted member 18655, Greenberg and sadghost
sadghost

sadghost

S
May 17, 2020
I think N because it's so quick & peaceful

Reactions: Fedrea, Greenberg, _Minsk and 1 other person
E

esse_est_percipi

Enlightened
Jul 14, 2020
I would suggest any method which is peaceful and painless.
i.e. the most difficult and expensive methods to access. Not realistic for most people.

Reactions: PrincessInWhite, Leshen, Greenberg and 1 other person
Brick In The Wall

Brick In The Wall

2M Or Not 2B.
Oct 30, 2019
In my opinion any method that doesn't deal with innate fears. Drinking poison is probably the easiest because we're not hardwired to fear it like we are with many other methods.

Reactions: Deleted member 18655, GoneGoneGone, Fragile and 3 others
Meditation guide

Meditation guide

Always was, is, and always shall be.
Jun 22, 2020
A small drink of bitter liquid that puts you to sleep in about five minutes and then shuts down the central nervous system painlessly and permanently. It's a gift from the gods, a magic elixir which every person on earth should be given whenever they want it. It should be an article of a country's constitution that every man woman and child have this easily and free. Imagine the suffering that would be avoided.

Reactions: ahs1079, profoundexperience, Spirals and 3 others
Thin Chew

Thin Chew

世界以痛吻我 要我报之以歌
Mar 3, 2019
In my opinion any method that doesn't deal with innate fears. Drinking poison is probably the easiest because we're not hardwired to fear it like we are with many other methods.
It's hard to consume poison, the taste that was designed to be bitter and spicy, it's going to cause you to vomit instantly when one or two drops swallowed by people

Reactions: Greenberg
Brick In The Wall

Brick In The Wall

2M Or Not 2B.
Oct 30, 2019
It's hard to consume poison, the taste that was designed to be bitter and spicy, it's going to cause you to vomit instantly when one or two drops swallowed by people
Maybe but the question was what methods have the least amount of survival instinct. I'd say bitter taste is much less than the instinctive fears of jumping, drowning, suffocation, fast moving cars/semis/trains, or being cut/burned.

Reactions: GoneGoneGone and Greenberg
L

LifeAfterDeath00

Oct 11, 2019
What N tastes like exactly! I will never rethink of N as a sustainable method!

• Wow
Reactions: iDieUDie80
CarbonMonoxide

CarbonMonoxide

Marejeo ni ngamani
Oct 13, 2019
A heroin overdose (if you don't fear needles) or full suspension hanging. You lose consciousness so fast there's no time to worry about SI.

Reactions: Leshen
Thin Chew

Thin Chew

世界以痛吻我 要我报之以歌
Mar 3, 2019
What N tastes like exactly! I will never rethink of N as a sustainable method!
Bleach and poison taste the same, I once tried to suicide by drinking bleach but the smell and the taste... Once the bleach enter my mouth and when I start to swallow, I started to *instantly* vomit out and it is awful to feel the whole process.
Your body rejected it, then?
I guess everyone else body rejected it too. Those who suicide successful by drinking poison nor bleach, ive got to say that they have some really strong mind to stop that feeling of vomiting

Reactions: LifeAfterDeath00
falloutcarter13

falloutcarter13

Bury me, bury me...
Aug 1, 2020
The only thing I can speak to with any real experience is hanging. I did a really half assed job because I was in jail, but it still would have been successful had I not been "rescued" in time. It ended up only being a partial hanging too because the sheet stretched (my foot hit the ground hard enough to break it, so it definitely wasn't a full suspension.) I still lost consciousness unbelievably fast, and from what I can remember it was pretty peaceful, I didn't really have time to panic (although my mind did go blank right before I cinched the noose and jumped - it was like watching someone else control my body.) I just remember a slight moment of panic and pain after I jumped, but I remember having the incredibly clear thought "you want this...you have to relax" and I remember being able to respond to my own advice. My vision went out and I saw a green light that brightened to an intense white, and all fear and pain left me and I only had a sense of peace. Next thing I remember after that is someone shining a light in my right eye and saying "lsat is low 70s, 71, pupils are non-reactive, he's gotta go lights and sirens NOW, Tommy!" then I faded back out. It was so dreamlike though that I'm not even sure it was a real memory. Next thing after that, I was out of my jail jumpsuit and in a purple suicide gown, in the hospital wondering if this was the afterlife.

Wrist cutting was hard for me, even when I believed it would 100% work and was on 88mg of xanax and a fifth of vodka. I did it in a warm tub and it still hurt and was distressing to watch the water turn red. I couldn't rate the SI of it, since I was on so much xanax I wouldn't have cared if a martian came out of my ass and introduced himself. For me, the SI of even considering using a gun is too strong - even with a .45 caliber with jacketed hollowpoints that I knew would be almost 100% reliable and instantaneous, I couldn't put it to my head or even hold it for too long without feeling sick and starting to sob uncontrollably. Then again, other than the jail hanging, I wasn't 100% sure I wanted to die back then, so a full acceptance would have maybe made a difference. Those are the only methods I have any experience with so those are the only ones I can speak to...hope you were able to get something useful out of my rambling, my friend!

Reactions: ahs1079 and profoundexperience
Thin Chew

Thin Chew

世界以痛吻我 要我报之以歌
Mar 3, 2019
The only thing I can speak to with any real experience is hanging. I did a really half assed job because I was in jail, but it still would have been successful had I not been "rescued" in time. It ended up only being a partial hanging too because the sheet stretched (my foot hit the ground hard enough to break it, so it definitely wasn't a full suspension.) I still lost consciousness unbelievably fast, and from what I can remember it was pretty peaceful, I didn't really have time to panic (although my mind did go blank right before I cinched the noose and jumped - it was like watching someone else control my body.) I just remember a slight moment of panic and pain after I jumped, but I remember having the incredibly clear thought "you want this...you have to relax" and I remember being able to respond to my own advice. My vision went out and I saw a green light that brightened to an intense white, and all fear and pain left me and I only had a sense of peace. Next thing I remember after that is someone shining a light in my right eye and saying "lsat is low 70s, 71, pupils are non-reactive, he's gotta go lights and sirens NOW, Tommy!" then I faded back out. It was so dreamlike though that I'm not even sure it was a real memory. Next thing after that, I was out of my jail jumpsuit and in a purple suicide gown, in the hospital wondering if this was the afterlife.

Wrist cutting was hard for me, even when I believed it would 100% work and was on 88mg of xanax and a fifth of vodka. I did it in a warm tub and it still hurt and was distressing to watch the water turn red. I couldn't rate the SI of it, since I was on so much xanax I wouldn't have cared if a martian came out of my ass and introduced himself. For me, the SI of even considering using a gun is too strong - even with a .45 caliber with jacketed hollowpoints that I knew would be almost 100% reliable and instantaneous, I couldn't put it to my head or even hold it for too long without feeling sick and starting to sob uncontrollably. Then again, other than the jail hanging, I wasn't 100% sure I wanted to die back then, so a full acceptance would have maybe made a difference. Those are the only methods I have any experience with so those are the only ones I can speak to...hope you were able to get something useful out of my rambling, my friend!
For what I've experienced, my body starts to shake uncontrollable. I think it's because of the SI. Later I heard voices like engine sound incredibly loud beside my ear and of course, there's no car beside. Later, I struggled successfullg and fall into the ground. Yes, it doesn't have any pain but the moment you hanged up, it's going to be pain for a sec and then nothing else left. For me, I didn't lost consciousness. Everything seems to become slow, even time.

Reactions: falloutcarter13
falloutcarter13

falloutcarter13

Bury me, bury me...
Aug 1, 2020
Everything seems to become slow, even time.
That was my experience too, it was like time stretched as the light turned from green to white and started to brighten.

Reactions: Greenberg and Thin Chew
W

WearyOfStruggling

Male, 54
May 23, 2020
Inert gas exit bag. You just have to pull the inflated bag down over your head, take a few breaths, and then unconsciousness quickly follows. No pain, strangulation, terror of heights, discomfort, nausea, or violence.

Reactions: profoundexperience and Greenberg
AlreadyGone

AlreadyGone

Taking it day by day
Jan 11, 2020
None. No matter the method, you actually have to follow through with it. Most will stop because they know that the method will end their life and there is no coming back from it.

Reactions: Greenberg
falloutcarter13

falloutcarter13

Bury me, bury me...
Aug 1, 2020
I've been thinking about your post since I read it. I think, for me, SI only lasts up until the point of no return - the moment when I make the cut, make the leap, whatever it is. Once that decision is finalized and I'm a second away from acting on it, its like some strange blankness comes over my consciousness. Its like watching myself act instead of giving the command myself. Its a total loss of control, but there's a unique relief that comes just before the act, a feeling that its out of my hands...its a restful, peaceful sensation. I hope I experience it with my (hopefully) last and successful attempt with SN later this month.

Reactions: profoundexperience, Meditation guide and Greenberg
E

esse_est_percipi

Enlightened
Jul 14, 2020
None. No matter the method, you actually have to follow through with it. Most will stop because they know that the method will end their life and there is no coming back from it.
So maybe you have to sort of trick your mind into thinking you aren't really ctb'ing, when in fact, you are.

Reactions: AlreadyGone and profoundexperience
Thin Chew

Thin Chew

世界以痛吻我 要我报之以歌
Mar 3, 2019
Someone else did mentioned that suffering is a gift before death. It's free and it's a MUST

Reactions: profoundexperience