M

meles_inoris

Student
Mar 18, 2020
I read somewhere that the greenest suicide involves tying weights to your ankles and throwing yourself off a boat, so that sea life eats you. I've come up with some other alternatives:
  • hanging with locally made hemp rope
  • burning in the woods with vegetable oil (might not be feasible)
  • finding a snake in the wild and making it bite you
  • jumping off a cliff (not a building, because cleanup wastes resources)
What do y'all think? Which has the least impact overall?

E

Epsilon0

Enlightened
Dec 28, 2019
I can honestly say I have never considered suicide from this perspective of the environment.

But, if I am honest about it, I don't think it matters, seeing that once a person is dead they pretty much reduce their carbon footprint to... zero.

Reactions: voyager, autumnal, existenceispain88 and 1 other person
Soul

Soul

gate gate paragate parasamgate bodhi svaha
Apr 12, 2019
Ahh but @Epsilon0 my dear, driving a car into a body of water can be a big environmental mess. I think burning in the woods could potentially be a disaster too, depending where one is. Same with using poisons outside, where animals could be harmed.

I reckon drowing in the sea or burying oneself underground would be the most eco-friendly. As you say a biodegradable rope would be ok too, if I were dressed only in natural fibers as well.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: voyager, meles_inoris and Epsilon0
rhiino

rhiino

Arcanist
May 13, 2020
I think no method of suicide can do so much harm to the environment like your carbon footprint would do when continuing to live until natural death. For the environment it is always a win.

Reactions: autumnal