• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

todiefor

todiefor

I hope I made some +ve difference in ppl’s lives
Jun 24, 2023
If you had access to SN and other required meds to go with it, is there a reason you might still choose hanging over it?

I've been very swayed towards SN as this forum seem to strongly favour it, and I never considered hanging because it seems a lot harder to take the leap compared to just drinking a salty beverage. Also I have always been terrified by the scene of someone hanging motionless in movies. But maybe it has other positives over SN? What are they?

Last edited:
  • Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: schizochicken, kawaiiphantom, sppplmgwiwlkiwbtft and 1 other person
Victim.Of.Life

Victim.Of.Life

My bus is waiting
Jun 27, 2023
I think most of this forum will choose SN, it's insanely popular here from what i've read.
I'm going with hanging because I dont have much money, I don't have any source and I don't want any cops at my door.
Even if I had the SN, I would still need these anti-vomiting pills and all, I don't think I'm able to get all these things.

• Hugs
Reactions: sppplmgwiwlkiwbtft, LoiteringClouds and todiefor
hunterfla

hunterfla

Experienced
Sep 13, 2022
I have SN and I recently procured rope. I am still debating on which to use. Both have their pros and cons. I'm leaning toward having a noose ready but using SN as my main method and if it doesn't work (and I am somehow aware enough and able to make my way to the noose) then I will use that as backup.

• Hugs
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
I think in many cases people go for the hanging method when they cannot access SN, which is the consequence of existing in this anti-suicide society. To me SN will always sound preferable to the hanging method as SN is a reliable poison, and just in general hanging sounds like a more awful, risky method that sounds difficult to go through with.

Reactions: sppplmgwiwlkiwbtft, LoiteringClouds and Victim.Of.Life
day

day

Global Mod
Jun 24, 2023
I kinda picked both, as cry stated it's a backup if my SN falls through or isn't pure enough. I kind of find comfort in holding multiple methods for CTB.

Reactions: LoiteringClouds, CrestfallenMima and todiefor
todiefor

todiefor

Jun 24, 2023
That makes a lot of sense thank you, I'm not sure why I never thought to use rope as backup. I think I'm just really scared of the concept of a rope, falling into a hope, probably too many gory movies in my childhood days

• Hugs
Reactions: kawaiiphantom and LoiteringClouds
MrDarkness

MrDarkness

Left sasu, to improve my life
Jun 18, 2023
Hanging, I'm too broke, I'm still living off of mommy's allowance at 18

• Hugs
Reactions: LoiteringClouds and Victim.Of.Life
B

betternever2havbeen

Elementalist
Jun 19, 2022
Definitely SN. Couldn't risk ending up brain damaged being found hanging...I mean that shouldn't happen but there's been a few cases so it's a risk. Put it this way, before I found this forum I was gonna go with hanging and it was not pleasant to read about it and gave me anxiety, but I don't get the same thing reading about SN. I'll be devastated if I don't get SN now because of stupid UK customs and have to go with hanging after all this. If anyone has managed to get it delivered to the UK in the past couple months please let me know.

Last edited:
  • Hugs
todiefor

todiefor

Jun 24, 2023
With SN couldn't you also potentially get brain damage if your brain is deprived of oxygen for too long and you are found? Or is that not how it works sorry about my ignorance

• Hugs
Reactions: dggtscccvfd and LoiteringClouds
hunterfla

hunterfla

Experienced
Sep 13, 2022
Definitely SN. Couldn't risk ending up brain damaged being found hanging...I mean that shouldn't happen but there's been a few cases so it's a risk. Put it this way, before I found this forum I was gonna go with hanging and it was not pleasant to read about it and gave me anxiety, but I don't get the same thing reading about SN. I'll be devastated if I don't get SN now because of stupid UK customs and have to go with hanging after all this. If anyone has managed to get it delivered to the UK in the past couple months please let me know.
Just curious...the main con to hanging seems to be "I don't want to risk being a vegetable" and honestly I feel the same way. BUT in all reality, "vegetables" don't know they are "vegetables" so what's the difference? Obviously that would be a terrible way to exist, and it would probably only happen long term if the family has unlimited funds for life support, etc. but I doubt many of them are laying there with feeding tubes and pondering their decisions, and missing their previous lives. I'm not sure if I'm articulating this properly, but my point is that if you fail and end up a vegetable, you will likely be taken off support and die soon anyway.

• Hugs
Reactions: grahf, TiredOfAllThis, kawaiiphantom and 1 other person
B

betternever2havbeen

Elementalist
Jun 19, 2022
@hunterfla it's not always the case. Just off the top of my head there was a father who survived but paralysed or something and his kids visited him in hospital and he was conscious. Another where the mother was being criticised for posting photos with her son who had attempted hanging and been found after 10 mins and he eventually was able to blink responses so he must've had some consciousness although he eventually died a couple years later.

I just wanna be gone, not on life support (ever) not alive in any sense (I don't even wanna donate my organs cos I don't want any of me left behind) I realise most people probably don't feel this strongly though. SN is just so much more preferable and it might be the only method I can do. I don't imagine it's easy to do full suspension hanging. For a bit it seemed like partial would be ok but not sure if people are doing that now cos it's hard to get it right I think.

• Informative
  • Hugs
Reactions: grahf, CrestfallenMima and LoiteringClouds
H

Hunter2005

Experienced
Apr 15, 2023
I mean I would choose hanging instead of SN, it's more easier and has a higher chance of taken you out. Plus people have been using that method for years but I just need to find a good spot to do it.

todiefor

todiefor

Jun 24, 2023
So are you very unlikely to be in a coma / vegetable with SN, compared to hanging?

Reactions: dggtscccvfd
B

betternever2havbeen

Elementalist
Jun 19, 2022
I mean I would choose hanging instead of SN, it's more easier and has a higher chance of taken you out. Plus people have been using that method for years but I just need to find a good spot to do it.
That is the only drawback with SN for me, the fact that not many people have used this method until the last few years. It feels weird taking something so few have, like why wasn't it discovered as a method and used before?

So are you very unlikely to be in a coma / vegetable with SN, compared to hanging?
From the people who have taken it and survived they seemed to make full recoveries quickly. I think people are still debating the likelihood of brain or organ damage with SN since there's not that many cases to go on. Compared to a hanging attempt though, yes it seems like you'd have much less chance of ending up a vegetable.

Reactions: todiefor
HopefulSleep

HopefulSleep

Wants to sleep
Apr 24, 2023
SN cause I can't get partial to work

kawaiiphantom

kawaiiphantom

I gently open the door
Feb 1, 2024
If you had access to SN and other required meds to go with it, is there a reason you might still choose hanging over it?

I've been very swayed towards SN as this forum seem to strongly favour it, and I never considered hanging because it seems a lot harder to take the leap compared to just drinking a salty beverage. Also I have always been terrified by the scene of someone hanging motionless in movies. But maybe it has other positives over SN? What are they?
I would 100% choose SN. I was going to go with hanging but I can't bring myself to do it, I'm not in the right headspace anymore unfortunately. I'm terrified of those final moments of squirming and pain before falling unconscious. SN is much more comforting to me, as I would be able to pass away in my bed watching my favorite movie or cartoon :> and spending my last moments here, not alone. So even though I'm broke I'm determined to try to get the stuff for SN. It's definitely not going to be easy, it seems difficult to get all of the meds mentioned in the PPH

Doemu

Doemu

⸸ I am my own end ⸸
Feb 4, 2024
To me hanging. I could say it's more effective, I could say is more accessible, but the truth I just I when I have to killing my self I just imagine my death body hanged before than died using pills.

Maybe is cause I'm to much dramatic, and I need to die in a dramatic way.

• Love
Reactions: kawaiiphantom
D

dggtscccvfd

Mage
Jun 1, 2023
With SN couldn't you also potentially get brain damage if your brain is deprived of oxygen for too long and you are found? Or is that not how it works sorry about my ignorance
You can get brain damaged from SN, but thankfully cases are extremely rare.

sserafim

sserafim

brighter than the sun, that’s just me
Sep 13, 2023

SN because hanging terrifies me. I've also always liked the thought of dying from some kind of chemical.

D

Deleted member 65988

You can get brain damaged from SN, but thankfully cases are extremely rare.
That's because Nitric oxide is neuroprotective which is what the sn is converted to once it reaches the bloodstream. NO prevents Hypoxic-Ischaemic brain injury is what caused most people who survived SN are now still able to live a functioning life.
SN is much more comforting to me, as I would be able to pass away in my bed watching my favorite movie or cartoon :> and spending my last moments here, not alone. So even though I'm broke I'm determined to try to get the stuff for SN
I'd like to caution against having the expectations that you do, it'd be great to just drift off whilst watching your favorite cartoon or movie one last time as you take your final breathe but I must also say that the experience of those who've failed sn were challenging with regards to managing the symptoms long enough to reach some level of unconsciousness in order to not call for help and ctb successfully. It's become more apparent to me that more than vomiting or not even correctly following the regimen or not even having sn, calling for help or being found is the #1 reason people fail with this method and I can understand why. All I'm saying is, be measured in your expectations because there will be some struggle but it may vary in intensity which means si will be the main thing to worry since it might amplify the symptoms to such a degree where you'll be rather tempted to call for help , I say this even though SN is my method after having acquired all the meds plus I'm really getting tired of the so-called "SN is the new N" nonsense I've been seeing around here.
That is the only drawback with SN for me, the fact that not many people have used this method until the last few years. It feels weird taking something so few have, like why wasn't it discovered as a method and used before?
it's still such a niche method to use, the reason why it's weird is that it's not like the common methods we know about in media like the aforementioned hanging but the usual ones first responders expect are Ods on drugs, cutting, jumping, etc..

It's still a rare method plus there was one medical article I read of a 76 year old man who died from intentional sn ingestion back in 2010 so much earlier than the recent years of 2019-now.

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Love
Reactions: kawaiiphantom, rozeske and dggtscccvfd
C

cold_severance

Student
Dec 11, 2023
sn is better than hanging in every way apart from cost and even then its negligible.

mortuarymary

mortuarymary

Enlightened
Jan 17, 2024
Neither but it would be SN. cleaner death

R

rozeske

Maybe I am the problem
Dec 2, 2023
SN would have been my prefered choice if I had an access to it. I think SI would be a bit easier to manage, no paralysis or brain damage to worry about plus i don't think the nearest hospital here would have the antidote at hand to save me on time even if i was found earlier also i think a laying sn body is easier on the eyes than a hanging body but i guess this matters differently for everyone. After all am now stuck with hanging.

• Hugs
Reactions: Praestat_Mori
D

Deleted member 65988

SN would have been my prefered choice if I had an access to it. I think SI would be a bit easier to manage, no paralysis or brain damage to worry about plus i don't think the nearest hospital here would have the antidote at hand to save me on time even if i was found earlier also i think a laying sn body is easier on the eyes than a hanging body but i guess this matters differently for everyone. After all am now stuck with hanging.
I actually preferred hanging at first but as soon as I learnt more about SN, I knew I had to get it plus I managed to get benzos and I'm on prescription Beta-blockers.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: kawaiiphantom, Justnotme, dggtscccvfd and 1 other person
Act Two

Act Two

Happy thoughts in shards, all over the floor.
Jan 29, 2024
For me, I'm doing partial hanging (or night night, which is similarly done). It's much more accessible than SN, and as long as you set up correctly and take precautions about SI (like binding your hands) you'll be out painlessly in 5-20 seconds and then 30 minutes later it's over

• Love
Reactions: kawaiiphantom and rozeske
R

rozeske

Maybe I am the problem
Dec 2, 2023
I actually preferred hanging at first but as soon as I learnt more about SN, I knew I had to get it plus I managed to get benzos and I'm on prescription Beta-blockers.
Yes! it's once you learn more about SN that you start to see how it's more preferable. I do wish you the best with your sn, whatever you decide to do with it ❤️

• Love
Reactions: kawaiiphantom and dggtscccvfd
D

Deleted member 65988

Yes! it's once you learn more about SN that you start to see how it's more preferable. I do wish you the best with your sn, whatever you decide to do with it ❤️
What I've decided is that I will ctb at some point in the near future, there isn't anything left for me that I'd much prefer to keep living for whatever sake. I genuinely think it'll be much easier with those meds I mentioned besides the AEs i also have. Of course I'm worried about taking that final plunge because once I take that drink, everything will change plus who the hell wants to fail after putting in so much effort to ctb with a particular method. Thank you for the support though, it's something about this community I'll miss before I go.

• Hugs
Reactions: kawaiiphantom, dggtscccvfd and rozeske
R

rozeske

Maybe I am the problem
Dec 2, 2023
What I've decided is that I will ctb at some point in the near future, there isn't anything left for me that I'd much prefer to keep living for whatever sake. I genuinely think it'll be much easier with those meds I mentioned besides the AEs i also have. Of course I'm worried about taking that final plunge because once I take that drink, everything will change plus who the hell wants to fail after putting in so much effort to ctb with a particular method. Thank you for the support though, it's something about this community I'll miss before I go.
There really isn't a 100% guarantee with any method that is one of the reasons, especially for me, that makes us uneasy to take that final step, but I think as long as you have the additional meds I think the odds are pretty much in your favour. Many supposedly do succeed even with out the additional meds.

Reactions: dggtscccvfd
D

Deleted member 65988

There really isn't a 100% guarantee with any method that is one of the reasons, especially for me, that makes us uneasy to take that final step, but I think as long as you have the additional meds I think the odds are pretty much in your favour. Many supposedly do succeed even with out the additional meds.
Dammed if you do, dammed if you don't.

I say this regarding the fact that SI will stop at nothing to stop you albeit deceptively by making you hold onto small reasons which results in procrastination in hoping things change long term but when they don't, you end up right back where you are, contemplating ctb with the options at your disposal not particularly suitable for making certain that it will be 100% guaranteed.
We also don't have the luxury of being medically supervised in our attempts, we're rather much on our own except through interactions like this. Yeap, even a former member who once attempted told me that she nearly ctb with SN even if she made a few mistakes and I've seen several other threads of users who could've ctb with this method had they not let si get the better of them thanks to symptoms like tachycardia or realizing what they had just done is something they may not be able to take back, regretful that they perhaps didn't give themselves time to weigh this decision against alternative options but others were just found even if they didn't alert anyone to help them.

Yesterday, I saw a comment on Reddit from a User who said their younger brother took SN, the Amazon SN to be specific. He ate dinner the night before, asked his sisters to play games with him before bed, was dead when his mother got him up for school in the morning. My presumption is that since he ate dinner from the night before, it means his fasting period may have not been longer than 8 hours but everyone's metabolism is different. The tragedy aside of this loss, point being, that he managed to do it in, sometimes ctb just requires that ability to forsake all reason to care about fears, repercussions or anything that'll weight heavy on the consciousness before an attempt. It isn't easy at all but it's different for how long it takes for everyone, if they ever get to that point.

Reactions: dggtscccvfd and rozeske