Sherri

Sherri

Archangel
Sep 28, 2020
Now that the holidays are around the corner, where everyone is doing for Christmas ? This time of the year doesn't have any magic for me anymore. Spent many alone. Kinda immune to it now.

• Hugs
Reactions: Crazy4u, LittleBlackCat, motel rooms and 4 others
stellabelle

stellabelle

ethereal
Dec 14, 2018
with my knees to my chest in a chair, angry about time past.
I never wanted "stuff" or gifts.
I wanted to be seen or heard or acknowledged instead of ignored and repeatedly fucked with and setup for bullshit and misery.
It's not a good holiday or time of year, and people ruined it for each other.

• Hugs
Reactions: miserableforever, Manaaja, Lostandlooking and 2 others
Sherri

Sherri

Archangel
Sep 28, 2020
with my knees to my chest in a chair, angry about time past.
I never wanted "stuff" or gifts.
I wanted to be seen or heard or acknowledged instead of ignored and repeatedly fucked with and setup for bullshit and misery.
It's not a good holiday or time of year, and people ruined it for each other.
Very true socially the part that people ruined it, Christmas adds starting in October is insane. I only wanted gifts when i was a kid, now I dont care and hate when people send me paper postcards.

Reactions: miserableforever and Callie Arcale
stellabelle

stellabelle

ethereal
Dec 14, 2018
Very true socially the part that people ruined it, Christmas adds starting in October is insane. I only wanted gifts when i was a kid, now I dont care and hate when people send me paper postcards.
You know, "gifts" as a kid were "cool" but it would've been better not to be abused and paraded around and watch the abuse continue. It was used to setup violence.
The buy buy buy shit has gone above and beyond.
Materialism.
Selfishness.
Insults.
Insults to injuries.
Injuries and more injuries.
Ruined lives in general.

Being blamed for everything.
Shit, fuck the holidays.
I've had "good" holidays and I've had horrible holidays.
The common factor would be the direct relatives who destroyed them. Who destroyed me.

I "like" the art, the displays. But I hate the selfishness of it. Society is so god damn wasteful. Time was the only thing that really "mattered", and people just wanted money or objects or to hurt me however they could. So that being said. You know.

• Hugs
  • Love
  • Aww..
Reactions: miserableforever, MeltedJello, Manaaja and 3 others
Enigmatic Sailor

Enigmatic Sailor

vicissitudes of fate...
Oct 29, 2021
I honestly don't know. All of my family is splitting up and travelling to all parts of the world for Christmas. I'll just be at home doing something like Sudoku/crossword puzzles or something-- oh! And browsing SS.

• Hugs
Reactions: MeltedJello, Crazy4u, Manaaja and 4 others
charlottewilts

charlottewilts

read Dostoyevsky
Jun 15, 2019
i was going to spend it with my fiancee but she left me 😅 so just with family as per usual this year.

Christmas began to be mass marketed in Victorian England as a holiday for children, to pamper them with toys.

i imagine nowadays grownups look forward to it too, but i haven't been able to for a very long time.

• Hugs
Reactions: MeltedJello, Callie Arcale and Sherri
Sherri

Sherri

Archangel
Sep 28, 2020
You know, "gifts" as a kid were "cool" but it would've been better not to be abused and paraded around and watch the abuse continue. It was used to setup violence.
Materialism.
Selfishness.
Insults.
Insults to injuries.
Ruined lives in general.

Shit, fuck the holidays.
The common factor would be the direct relatives who destroyed them. Who destroyed me.

I "like" the art, the displays. But I hate the selfishness of it. Society is so god damn wasteful. Time was the only thing that really "mattered", and people just wanted money or objects or to hurt me however they could. So that being said. You know.
Wise words you said. You wrote it with your soul I can tell. So honest. I'm sorry you facing a hard time, won't say it gets better, I would be lying.
i was going to spend it with my fiancee but she left me 😅 so just with family as per usual this year.

Christmas began to be mass marketed in Victorian England as a holiday for children, to pamper them with toys.

i imagine nowadays grownups look forward to it too, but i haven't been able to for a very long time.
Same here, I dont wanna be with family would rather be with my other hand just the two of us. But I've been avoiding family gatherings for years.
I honestly don't know. All of my family is splitting up and travelling to all parts of the world for Christmas. I'll just be at home doing something like Sudoku/crossword puzzles or something-- oh! And browsing SS.
Oh yes, I will take time to come here to on Christmas and not even bothered about NYE. Just fed up of these face masks.
Materialism.
Selfishness.
Insults.
Insults to injuries.
Ruined lives in general.

Shit, fuck the holidays.

Time makes it more bearable sometimes, other Days not so well others meh.

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: Lostandlooking, Callie Arcale and stellabelle
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
I do not like Christmas, everything associated with it irritates me. It will just be another day for me of this horrible existence. I will not be doing anything differently.

• Hugs
Reactions: MeltedJello, Callie Arcale and stygal
TheHatedOne

TheHatedOne

Death is salvation
Sep 26, 2021
At home as always.

• Hugs
Reactions: MeltedJello and Lostandlooking
O

OrcWitch

Warlock
Sep 3, 2021
I will be in my bedroom sitting on the computer.

• Hugs
Reactions: Teas, MeltedJello, Crazy4u and 5 others
LONE WOLF.

LONE WOLF.

PUNISHER.
Nov 4, 2020
Xmas doesn't interest me,l would just ignore it and treat it like another day but l go through the motions for my Pooch, l put up a plastic tree and tinsel, and cook up a Xmas dinner and split it with Max all except the stuffing, pour on some thick gravy with hoisin sauce mixed in it(Tasty) and me and my furry nut of a pooch dig in to our Xmas munch then we usually have a few hours kip! And that's our Xmas for another year!!! Ho ho wuff!!!

Reactions: MeltedJello, Lostandlooking, Callie Arcale and 1 other person
Midgardsorm

Midgardsorm

Paragon
Apr 28, 2020
Christmas was always a hassle for me and new years eve only means noise.
I'll probably be in my bedroom. Either sleeping or on the computer.

I don't have anywhere to go anyway, nor I want to go anywhere. Also I'll be safer against the virus here.

As for presents, I bought what I want already.

• Hugs
Reactions: MeltedJello, Lostandlooking and Callie Arcale
Shadowplay

Shadowplay

Average life non-enjoyer
Sep 11, 2021
With family. Hopefully for the last time! 😉

• Hugs
Reactions: WonderingSoul, MeltedJello and Callie Arcale
ClownMe

ClownMe

Don't Cry for Me, I'm Already Dead
Apr 7, 2021
Just staying at home, not doing anything special.

• Hugs
Reactions: MeltedJello, Crazy4u, Callie Arcale and 2 others
DocNo

DocNo

whatever
Oct 30, 2020
alone at home watching the famous xmas movie "dredd".

• Hugs
  • Informative
Reactions: MeltedJello, LONE WOLF., Callie Arcale and 2 others
Sherri

Sherri

Archangel
Sep 28, 2020
alone at home watching the famous xmas movie "dredd".
Hello @DocNo long Time no see. Happy to hear something from you. Hope you are well.

• Hugs
Reactions: Manaaja
Dr Iron Arc

Dr Iron Arc

Into the Unknown
Feb 10, 2020
At home. Maybe my family will be there too but I won't care because I'm just going to drown out all the negativity from my past that I associate with this holiday with food and Christmas movies.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: MeltedJello, Callie Arcale and Sherri
Sherri

Sherri

Archangel
Sep 28, 2020
At home. Maybe my family will be there too but I won't care because I'm just going to drown out all the negativity from my past that I associate with this holiday with food and Christmas movies.
Yes home alone 1 and 2 are def on the list for me also.

Reactions: Callie Arcale and Dr Iron Arc
Angst Filled Fuck Up

Angst Filled Fuck Up

Visionary
Sep 9, 2018
With my gf and her family. I want lots of stuff. It'll never happen.

• Hugs
Reactions: MeltedJello and Lostandlooking
MeltedJello

MeltedJello

My brain is a liquid mess.
Aug 18, 2021
At home or at my cousins house. I kind of hate these family gatherings, because I end up feeling more alone, even though I'm spending time with them.

• Hugs
Reactions: Manaaja and Lostandlooking
RappyMaster

RappyMaster

Nov 16, 2021
I just want to be alone, I've never liked family meetings because I feel that I don't fit, mainly because it reminds me that somehow I don't deserve to be happy.

• Hugs
Reactions: Lostandlooking, MeltedJello and Sherri
Sherri

Sherri

Archangel
Sep 28, 2020
I just want to be alone, I've never liked family meetings because I feel that I don't fit, mainly because it reminds me that somehow I don't deserve to be happy.
Everyone deserves a second chance or a third chance to be happy. Hope you will find it somehow. Big hug.

• Hugs
Reactions: Manaaja and RappyMaster
A

any009

Nov 28, 2021
Home. I will watch Christmas movies from my childhood. They really remind me of a simpler time

• Hugs
Reactions: avoid_slow_death, Manaaja, MeltedJello and 2 others
L

Lostandlooking

In limbo
Jul 23, 2020
I will be at my sister's for something simple. My family never made a big deal about it. So it isn't a big deal now. Don't think we'll be doing presents. Or maybe just something small. So just one evening. And that's enough. I often had something planned on both days when I was still living together with my ex. I'm glad it's just one day now. That's a lot less stressful. And for new years I used to feel ashamed to spend it alone but actually I prefer it that way. So I've been alone on NYE the last couple of years. I usually play my favourite videogame. I don't resent christmas time or anything related to christmas, but I understand it's different for some people. Wishing everyone the best and strenght to get through this often difficult month.

Reactions: MeltedJello
motel rooms

motel rooms

Survivor of incest. Gay. Please don't PM me.
Apr 13, 2021
I'm planning on ambushing Santa with my partner, tying him up & feeding him our milk & cookies :haha:

• Yay!
Reactions: lofticries, avoid_slow_death and MeltedJello
Manaaja

Manaaja

euROPE
Sep 10, 2018
Tuesday 21st is when the day starts to get longer so I'm celebrating it.

For Christmas.... Maybe I'll get a dog and take care of it lol. I probably won't.

Honestly I don't know. I fear this will be the worst Christmas ever. I wish I could follow my dreams, instead of sitting/lying in the bedroom alone the whole day.

• Hugs
Reactions: Lostandlooking and MeltedJello
WrongPlaceWrongTime

WrongPlaceWrongTime

Better never to have been
Jul 4, 2021
At home, praying to avoid family meetings. Just let me sleep

• Hugs
Reactions: lofticries, MeltedJello, lotus11 and 3 others
avoid_slow_death

avoid_slow_death

Ready to embrace the peaceful bliss of the void.
Feb 4, 2020
Probably at home. Last Christmas for me as I will be gone a week later. Tbh, Christmas lost all appeal for me when my mom passed. Was her favorite time of year. And last Christmas I worked all day and night and then went back to my spot in the woods to sleep in the freezing cold. So yeah, Christmas is nothing to me.

• Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: MeltedJello, TheEndTimes, Lostandlooking and 1 other person
TheEndTimes

TheEndTimes

A gay 👨‍❤️‍💋‍👨
Aug 23, 2021
I'll be alone. I'm treating myself to a steak dinner and then a movie

• Hugs
Reactions: lofticries, Silenos and MeltedJello
J

Julgran

Enlightened
Dec 15, 2021
I will be in my bedroom sitting on the computer.

Are you a cat, by any chance? I know that they love to sit on computers :smiling:

I will be alone as well, but as some of you have basically said, celebrasting Christmas seems fake for which the only purpose is to appear happy, and for commercial causes, instead if genuine, personal ones.

Reactions: lofticries, Silenos, MeltedJello and 3 others