Oyoy

Oyoy

Spatula
Feb 2, 2020
Warning. This is not glamorous.

I was in the same uni town I live in today. I lived in my dream town in between these disaster's.
I got a huge crack rock that was poorly cured with eather and was trying to get high when I turned on the tube. I'm 1750 miles away from NY. I called my family and they were pissed that I hadn't called sooner.
I am not as embaresed about this because I read Flava Flaves bio and he was smoking hubba too.

Last edited:
Reactions: terry_a_davis, nitrogen and Beautiful_Disgrace
Mr2005

Mr2005

Don't shoot the messenger, give me the gun
Sep 25, 2018
I was at school. Found out when I got home. I think because of that I remember that day at school clearer than I would normally. We all lost our innocence that day. I might not have realised at the time but looking back the worlds never been the same since

• Love
Reactions: voyager, nitrogen and Oyoy
E

Epsilon0

Enlightened
Dec 28, 2019
I was at home watching The Young and the Restless when they interrupted what surely was a rivetting scene with a breaking news bulletin.

Reactions: exhausted and nitrogen
Oyoy

Oyoy

Spatula
Feb 2, 2020
I was at home watching The Young and the Restless when they interrupted what surely was a rivetting scene with a breaking news bulletin.
I'm really sad that guy Kriestof St John ctbed because his kid died. It was so tragic.

Soulless_Angel

Soulless_Angel

existence is futile
Jul 10, 2019
@Jean4 was front line on this day, i am sure she has a tale to tell, if able, from what I know if effected her greatly!

Reactions: Oyoy
ghostspace

ghostspace

ghost space, ghosts pace
Feb 10, 2020
At home, I was four. My brother was in school and he and my dad came home as well.

• Hugs
Beautiful_Disgrace

Beautiful_Disgrace

Invisible shadow
Mar 8, 2020
I was in third grade...maybe second. Heard about it in school. We got a bomb threat not too long afterwards, but I can't recall if it was same day. I lived in Delaware back then, and had family in New York. It wasn't long after before any entire family moved to Florida.

• Hugs
E

Epsilon0

Enlightened
Dec 28, 2019
I'm really sad that guy Kriestof St John ctbed because his kid died. It was so tragic.

Yes, he killed himself because of the loss of his son. May he rest in peace.

Suicide_vampire

Suicide_vampire

In Vino Veritas
Feb 11, 2020
I was sitting in a bar in Cumbernauld, Scotland. Called Moriarty's, it was my day off and I watched the news at about 2pm live as the second plane hit.
Got very drunk that day.

• Love
Reactions: Epsilon0 and Oyoy
peacefully31425

peacefully31425

Dirtbag
Aug 28, 2018
I was 10 years old, sitting on the living room floor watching cartoons when my parents walked into the room and changed the channel to the news. I don't really remember all the details, just that my parents where really upset.

• Love
Reactions: exhausted and Oyoy
A

Aonewayticketplease

Student
Jun 3, 2019
I was in a technical meeting until about 11:10 CAT in Johannesburg.. Never knew a thing about it until the receptionist told me about it. Totally shocking.

• Hugs
Broken Chimera

Broken Chimera

The abyss also gazes into you
May 27, 2019
I was in middle school and a teacher came in telling us what happened. Then the class watched it on the news after.

• Aww..
Squiddy

Squiddy

Here Lies My Hopes And Dreams
Sep 4, 2019
I was 2 years old almost 3 and I was told I was at daycare

• Love
waterbottleman

waterbottleman

Not a person
Sep 30, 2019
I was sleeping and my parents woke me up.

I was a little kid so I didn't understand the gravity of the situation lol

• Love
Reactions: Lethe and Oyoy
AlreadyGone

AlreadyGone

Taking it day by day
Jan 11, 2020
In an 8 AM class at New York University. Walked out of the school and watched as the towers fell before my very eyes. Very traumatizing to see it happen in person.

• Wow
  • Hugs
Reactions: Grey-zone, Aonewayticketplease, voyager and 3 others
mesohappy

mesohappy

Cat piss sammich??
Jan 10, 2020
I was renting a room from a friend and tweaking at the time.Woke up late for work did a fat line,took a quick shower and came out just in time to see the second plane hit on the news.

When I got to work nobody was working,they were all standing out front talking about what had happened..I was high and made a joke about the situation and the plant manager jumped all down my throat.It still hadnt dawned on me the magnitude of the situation.

When I came down, it sunk in and everything changed in the coming days,weeks.Including my life.This was around the time I gave up meth after alot of soul searching/realization.

I still remember the mood of the nation at that time..It was like everyone was more friendly and connected.Like we were all in this together as a nation.I remember all the patriotism,flags,solidarity..Should have known it wouldnt last..

• Love
Reactions: Lost in a Dream, voyager, Epsilon0 and 1 other person
Green Destiny

Green Destiny

Life isn't worth the trouble.
Nov 16, 2019
My mom was taking me to Pre-school when the first plane struck the North Tower, I didn't understand what was happening while we watched the live news coverage. Think my mom took me to pick my siblings up from school not long after and brought us home.

• Love
Reactions: Hansy and Oyoy
Oyoy

Oyoy

Spatula
Feb 2, 2020
In an 8 AM class at New York University. Walked out of the school and watched as the towers fell before my very eyes. Very traumatizing to see it happen in person.
Holly crap I'm sorry.
I read Ricky Lakes bio. She went on her roof and freaked out in front of her kid. Her husband said she needed to set a better example.
The book was called
Never say never and I think the last chatepter should have been never say this book will be over..

Hansy

Hansy

A dumb ass medic
Mar 8, 2020
I was a five year old sitting in front of a small tv in the kitchen as my mother yanked my hair into pony tails. I was excited because they canceled school.

• Hugs
Oyoy

Oyoy

Spatula
Feb 2, 2020
I was a five year old sitting in front of a small tv in the kitchen as my mother yanked my hair into pony tails. I was excited because they canceled school.
That's really adorable.

• Love
Reactions: Hansy
Hansy

Hansy

A dumb ass medic
Mar 8, 2020
That's really adorable.
Haha I think it's weird thinking back to a time when I was too young to process big things like that. I almost envy it.

Brick In The Wall

Brick In The Wall

2M Or Not 2B.
Oct 30, 2019
I was 14 at the time and sleeping in late at home. I got a bunch of calls on my landline phone (this was before cell phones were big). Everyone was telling me to switch the news on.

The whole thing was surreal and almost felt like a movie. Almost every single channel was showing the news and the ones that weren't were off the air. Mass hysteria ensues worse then this Corona Virus crap.

I remember being in awe that they were able to land every single plane worldwide within such a short time. But I wasn't shocked in the slightest that we'd been attacked. I felt bad for everyone that was directly effected by it and I still do.

Reactions: NoCoast, voyager, Epsilon0 and 1 other person
HelensNepenthe

HelensNepenthe

Thoughtful poster
Jan 17, 2019
I was a toddler eating cereal in front of the TV while both of my parents were getting ready to work. I genuinely have no recollection of that day besides worth of mouth from my parents.

terry_a_davis

terry_a_davis

Warlock
Dec 28, 2019
I was at home due to being off work because of a motorcycle accident. I can still picture the old style TV we had with the images being shown of the planes crashing into the towers and the aftermath. I thought it was an accident until the second plane hit.

Reactions: voyager and Oyoy
D

Deleted member 1465

_
Jul 31, 2018
I was in the newsroom stripping out all the pages of the paper to make a special edition reporting on it.

porfin1234

porfin1234

Arcanist
Dec 26, 2019
I was in high school in my health class.
I remember later that day in French class some idiot kids laughing at people jumping off building and guy I had a huge crush on jumping down their throats for it. I was even more in love lol. Get 'em!
I was supposed to go on a trip to France with my class (we had gone to meetings and everything) but my dad decided not to let me because of everything that was happening.

• Hugs
Reactions: Lost in a Dream, voyager and Oyoy
voyager

voyager

Don't you dare go hollow...
Nov 25, 2019
Was 24 and in bed. Ah, yes, most "spectacular" event of my life and I was asleep from a night shift. My brother told me that evening what had happened, thought he was shitting me tbh. Also had a friend from NY. Remember seeing the people jumping in the news reports, felt extremely sorry for them. Think everyone did, because they weren't "just" buildings. Was pretty terrifying. Not as terrifying though as remembering one of these FDNY guys clearing the rubble saying they found no remains of the towers, nor the people, it's was all dust. Biggest thing he found was a dial from a phone, but they did indeed find the passport from one of the perpetrators a day or two later in a sideway. *cough* bs *cough*

Am no conspiracy theorist per se, but there was something really fishy about that incident, and the world has changed for the worse since. Said from the beginning that I'm more worried about our leaders than some neanderthal terrorists. Guess I'm the only one who minds civil rights and so forth being discarded.

Reactions: Xaphous and Lost in a Dream
Xaphous

Xaphous

hikikomori
Nov 11, 2018
I was playing an airplane game ironically and I was 11. Btw anyone that believes the official story must be braindead or simply not looked into it at all.

Reactions: Montparnasse and voyager
Apathy79

Apathy79

Arcanist
Oct 13, 2019
I was up late watching Conan in Oz. Got interrupted for it and I waited and waited for Conan to come back on. Never happened. The magnitude of it didn't sink in then, I was just pissed about missing the rest of Conan.

• Love