D

Drewpeterson519

Dec 6, 2020
So I think I'm definitely going to Ctb via shotgun as soon as possible. Just gotta save up for one first. I should have enough money in a week or so.
However, first I wanna practice shooting, as I've never shot a gun before let alone a 12 gauge shotgun as I plan on buying and using. I wanna get used to the sound and recoil to make sure that I don't flinch.

Most of the gun ranges in my area are members only clubs and signing up can be quite a process. In case I can't get into a gun range, where is a good place to practice shooting outside? I don't need exact locations but like what are some guidelines? I know people do this all the time with a target I'm just not really sure where to go. If you guys could give any advice that would be great.

Reactions: Wrennie
W

WornOutLife

マット
Mar 22, 2020
I don't know that much about it but to tell you the truth, I've thought about being a member of shooting club and shoot myself there once they've gained my trust.

Reactions: Wrennie
K

KolK

Nov 29, 2020
I wish guns were legal in my country, I would definitely buy a gun and shoot myself.

That said, I know next to nothing about guns.

Good luck OP.

lucacaro

lucacaro

Star
Dec 17, 2020
I don't know that much about it but to tell you the truth, I've thought about being a member of shooting club and shoot myself there once they've gained my trust.
Before finding out about SN I considered going to a shooting range and doing it there.

Anyways OP, you should look up if its legal to shoot on your own property/backyard if you have that. Or see how legal it is to go shooting in the woods? It's kind of hard to give real info with so little information.
Just start researching gun laws for your area I suppose.

• Hugs
Reactions: WornOutLife
D

Drewpeterson519

Dec 6, 2020
The problem is most places require you to be sponsored by someone who's already in the club to even join. It sucks. And with Covid it's even harder because your options are limited.
Before finding out about SN I considered going to a shooting range and doing it there.

Anyways OP, you should look up if its legal to shoot on your own property/backyard if you have that. Or see how legal it is to go shooting in the woods? It's kind of hard to give real info with so little information.
Just start researching gun laws for your area I suppose.
I feel like a shooting range would be a terrible place to do it. You wanna do it in a place of isolation. Where no one will find you for awhile after and the chances of being revived are zero.

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: WornOutLife
Good4Nothing

Good4Nothing

Unlovable
May 8, 2020
If you're worried about flinching, then you're better off not shooting it until it's time. It not the recoil that makes you flinch, it's the anticipation of the recoil. If you haven't experienced it and don't know what to expect, you won't flinch.

Reactions: Mentalmick
Mentalmick

Mentalmick

IMHOTEP!!!
Nov 30, 2020
You're not going to need any practice to shoot yourself.

Reactions: Good4Nothing