• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

Where should I take SN?

• In a random hotel room

Votes: 27 50.0%
  • In my car in an isolated parking lot

Votes: 9 16.7%
  • In the woods with my car parked at entrance

Votes: 15 27.8%
  • In an Airbnb

Votes: 8 14.8%

• Total voters
stilhavinightmares

stilhavinightmares

Warlock
Oct 13, 2022
I want my family to have my car and I don't want something bad to happen to it with whatever winds up happening to me. Depending on the location, it will either be tomorrow morning or tomorrow evening. I don't know if it will work obviously so I'm semi trying to plan for if it doesn't. I don't want a bunch of drama. Just quiet and as little human interaction as possible.

• Love
Reactions: LittleBlackCat
T

Tartuffe

Open to PMs
Mar 31, 2022
Airbnb is probably best so long as its not in someone's house but a stand alone rent out

Reactions: EndlessX
stilhavinightmares

stilhavinightmares

Warlock
Oct 13, 2022
Airbnb is probably best so long as its not in someone's house but a stand alone rent out
The options are all homes and it feels so wrong. Of course the host doesn't live there but it's still a "home" you know?

Reactions: scorchie, EndlessX and missingpeace
T

Tartuffe

Open to PMs
Mar 31, 2022
If it's not lived in I wouldn't mind, that or a hotel room. People make all kinds of noise in a hotel. Probably do it day time too

Reactions: scorchie and EndlessX
stoopid

stoopid

from hell
Feb 27, 2023
Surely airbnb, watch a movie and relax.
Is the date set yet?

Reactions: EndlessX
stilhavinightmares

stilhavinightmares

Warlock
Oct 13, 2022
If it's not lived in I wouldn't mind, that or a hotel room. People make all kinds of noise in a hotel. Probably do it day time too
Yeah, I figure a hotel employee may have more experience with weird and sad shit happening on their work grounds than an individual renting out their space for an Airbnb. I would just need to overcome my anxiety to actually physically rent and get into the hotel room, which is a lot

Surely airbnb, watch a movie and relax.
Is the date set yet?
Tomorrow. I would rather in the morning but if I'm going to do it at a hotel or Airbnb, it would need to be in the evening/night because check in isn't until 3pm usually. Darker is better regardless obviously but I really want this done as soon as possible.

F

FireWalkWithMe

Experienced
Jun 18, 2022
I'd say any except doing it in someone's house. I mean, they may be planning to return to that property in the future. Seems a bit wrong they'd have to walk upon your lifeless corpse on the sofa. That's not an image they'd forget

I know it's kinda similar at hotels, but it's not their home and they may even have seen it before if it's a large hotel.

Reactions: TimeHasCome6 and Outandproud
stilhavinightmares

stilhavinightmares

Warlock
Oct 13, 2022
I'd say any except doing it in someone's house. I mean, they may be planning to return to that property in the future. Seems a bit wrong they'd have to walk upon your lifeless corpse on the sofa. That's not an image they'd forget

I know it's kinda similar at hotels, but it's not their home and they may even have seen it before if it's a large hotel.
These are my thoughts exactly. Even if the person doesn't live in the house I can't in any conscience imagine purposely dying in someone's home

Reactions: TimeHasCome6
CantWait2D1E

CantWait2D1E

Archaon, Herald of the Apocalypse
Dec 24, 2022

Wouldn't be the first time someone died in an Airbnb. That's just the cost of doing business imo. They'll hire professional crime scene cleaners and be back up and running in a week or two

Next-to-Nil

Next-to-Nil

Begrudgingly Everlasting
Mar 2, 2023
Definitely the Airbnb. It'll bring down housing costs and make it a tiny bit more bearable to live in that area, so you'll not only end your suffering, but be hailed as a hero by those who survive you and cannot afford a home.

• Informative
Reactions: scorchie, fayth2567 and Electronic Music
stilhavinightmares

stilhavinightmares

Warlock
Oct 13, 2022
Wouldn't be the first time someone died in an Airbnb. That's just the cost of doing business imo. They'll hire professional crime scene cleaners and be back up and running in a week or two
Definitely the Airbnb. It'll bring down housing costs and make it a tiny bit more bearable to live in that area, so you'll not only end your suffering, but be hailed as a hero by those who survive you and cannot afford a home.
I love these takes on the Airbnb 😂 Thanks guys.

• Love
Reactions: Next-to-Nil
F

FireWalkWithMe

Experienced
Jun 18, 2022
It's not the cost of doing business, its purely the decision making of the person that decides to do that, let's not pawn off responsibility for our own actions.

If it's some faceless investment corporation hiring out apartments, that's one thing if it is known for a fact, but my nan has hired out a property briefly on Airbnb. She's 68, not a professional, not a business woman, just an average person. If she stumbled across that in her property which she cleans herself she'd be absolutely mortified, probably have a heart attack! So let's try and think about others and the possibilities rather than being nonchalant just because we personally don't pick up the tab.

Reactions: TimeHasCome6, Outandproud and stilhavinightmares
stilhavinightmares

stilhavinightmares

Warlock
Oct 13, 2022
It's not the cost of doing business, its purely the decision making of the person that decides to do that, let's not pawn off responsibility for our own actions.

If it's some faceless investment corporation hiring out apartments, that's one thing if it is known for a fact, but my nan has hired out a property briefly on Airbnb. She's 68, not a professional, not a business woman, just an average person. If she stumbled across that in her property which she cleans herself she'd be absolutely mortified, probably have a heart attack! So let's try and think about others and the possibilities rather than being nonchalant just because we personally don't pick up the tab.
My goal in life (and death) has always been to not hurt people, so I empathize with this and agree with you. I think I will either get a room at a large gross hotel if I can wait til evening, or do it in my car. With both options I will have a big bold note hopefully being the first thing the person sees. I'm going to try to time a message out to have emergency personnel find me so it's not a poor bystander but I can't really predict the timing on that as I can't time a message to 911 directly. :/

T

Tartuffe

Open to PMs
Mar 31, 2022
In a hotel just leave some furniture behind the door so when they unlock the door they're stopped and just put a note on saying call the authorities, the workers probably wont even see you then so less trauma passed on

Reactions: TimeHasCome6 and stilhavinightmares
listless

listless

wandering
Mar 1, 2023
i always kinda felt like i personally would prefer to die in nature somewhere, so i think i would go with the car in the woods. i just think it would be peaceful for me, and hopefully only one person would have to see my body. the idea with notes in the windows is a good idea, at least provide some warning if the person who comes across you doesnt wanna see that.

bennydiazapine

bennydiazapine

Dec 4, 2022
I'm CTB 13th of March, and have chosen a random hotel close to home.

• Love
Reactions: "KILL" "YOURSELF", LittleBlackCat and Tartuffe
stilhavinightmares

stilhavinightmares

Warlock
Oct 13, 2022
i always kinda felt like i personally would prefer to die in nature somewhere, so i think i would go with the car in the woods. i just think it would be peaceful for me, and hopefully only one person would have to see my body. the idea with notes in the windows is a good idea, at least provide some warning if the person who comes across you doesnt wanna see that.
I've always wanted to be in nature as well. I can't take my car into the woods unfortunately so I'd have to walk into the woods and just be in the open in the woods to go with that option. :(
I'm CTB 13th of March, and have chosen a random hotel close to home.
Have you booked the hotel yet? I have been too anxious to.
In a hotel just leave some furniture behind the door so when they unlock the door they're stopped and just put a note on saying call the authorities, the workers probably wont even see you then so less trauma passed on
Great idea with the furniture! Didn't even think of that.

• Hugs
Reactions: listless
T

Tartuffe

Open to PMs
Mar 31, 2022
I'll probably do it outdoors somewhere, there are plenty of places I used to hang about as a kid that I could choose from

• Love
Reactions: listless
stilhavinightmares

stilhavinightmares

Warlock
Oct 13, 2022
I'll probably do it outdoors somewhere, there are plenty of places I used to hang about as a kid that I could choose from
That's really nice. I hope it will bring you comfort and peace when and if you get to that point. ❤️❤️❤️

T

Tartuffe

Open to PMs
Mar 31, 2022
That's really nice. I hope it will bring you comfort and peace when and if you get to that point. ❤️❤️❤️
There is that and knowing a lot of little hidden places, climbed the trees as a child and did drugs as a teen and adult. I guess it completes the circle.

• Aww..
Reactions: Outandproud
stilhavinightmares

stilhavinightmares

Warlock
Oct 13, 2022
There is that and knowing a lot of little hidden places, climbed the trees as a child and did drugs as a teen and adult. I guess it completes the circle.
Oh definitely. If I could do it somewhere like that, I would. I like the symbolism and I think in the end it will feel more spiritual and "right".

T

Tartuffe

Open to PMs
Mar 31, 2022
Oh definitely. If I could do it somewhere like that, I would. I like the symbolism and I think in the end it will feel more spiritual and "right".
My biggest concern is how to make sure an adult finds me. Was thinking what three words in a delayed email to someone. Still in assembly mode, got the SN, nothing else yet.

stilhavinightmares

stilhavinightmares

Warlock
Oct 13, 2022
My biggest concern is how to make sure an adult finds me. Was thinking what three words in a delayed email to someone. Still in assembly mode, got the SN
I get that. And it's like, who do you choose to send that email to? 😬

CantWait2D1E

CantWait2D1E

Dec 24, 2022

It's a possibility that any renter should be aware of and prepare for, is all I'm saying. Just like acknowledging the fact that if you give your keys to a bunch of 21 year olds there probably gonna party and smoke a ton of weed on your property. I'm not gonna argue whether it's moral or immoral to CTB in someone's home cause then we go down the rabbit hole of if CTBing itself is immoral.

I, like OP, don't really want to do it in an Airbnb, but at the same time I'm not gonna knock anyone else who might choose so. If they want their final moments to be living it up in someone's home, who are any of us to stop them? They'll be gone, and others will clean up the mess and continue on life as they always have.

I just don't agree with the whole "fear of discovery" aspect of all that. Literally someone is always going to find you. Maybe unless you go like 30+ miles into the wilderness. You will traumatize someone. Emergency responders are as much a human as you or I. Just because they've seen a body or two doesn't mean they won't be effected in some way by yours. I appreciate looking out for others and all that but it is just not a possibility in this scenario.

stilhavinightmares

stilhavinightmares

Warlock
Oct 13, 2022
It's a possibility that any renter should be aware of and prepare for, is all I'm saying. Just like acknowledging the fact that if you give your keys to a bunch of 21 year olds there probably gonna party and smoke a ton of weed on your property. I'm not gonna argue whether it's moral or immoral to CTB in someone's home cause then we go down the rabbit hole of if CTBing itself is immoral.

I, like OP, don't really want to do it in an Airbnb, but at the same time I'm not gonna knock anyone else who might choose so. If they want their final moments to be living it up in someone's home, who are any of us to stop them? They'll be gone, and others will clean up the mess and continue on life as they always have.

I just don't agree with the whole "fear of discovery" aspect of all that. Literally someone is always going to find you. Maybe unless you go like 30+ miles into the wilderness. You will traumatize someone. Emergency responders are as much a human as you or I. Just because they've seen a body or two doesn't mean they won't be effected in some way by yours. I appreciate looking out for others and all that but it is just not a possibility in this scenario.
I appreciate your thoughts so much. Thank you. And of course, you're right, any human will be affected by finding a dead body. I just wish I could choose a complete asshole to do it lol

T

Tartuffe

Open to PMs
Mar 31, 2022

Kind of why I admire those who work in care, they can shoulder the grim much easier than most of us. Old people are found daily dead in their houses, I cant imagine it. For a lot its something they have desensitized themselves from. I have family that have worked as first responders or in hospitals. I cant understand how they deal with it, so long as it's no one I know finding me the better and I'm 99,99% sure that will happen.

CantWait2D1E

CantWait2D1E

Dec 24, 2022
I've been reading an interesting quora thread about EMTs and how they handle death, if you're interested. https://www.quora.com/How-do-paramedics-deal-with-death

Even the ones that seem "desensitized" by it, you can tell their line of work has had a profound effect on their views on life and mortality.

Reactions: nilahq
T

Tartuffe

Open to PMs
Mar 31, 2022
I've been reading an interesting quora thread about EMTs and how they handle death, if you're interested. https://www.quora.com/How-do-paramedics-deal-with-death

Even the ones that seem "desensitized" by it, you can tell their line of work has had a profound effect on their views on life and mortality.
I can imagine what they see wont ever leave them. It's a consequence of our actions here Our pain desensitizes us. I'll be leaving loved ones who I dont know will handle what I do to myself.

stilhavinightmares

stilhavinightmares

Warlock
Oct 13, 2022
Okay, my wife is about to leave for work for about 4-5hrs and this is the only time I'm going to have alone for a few days. I am having trouble because I'll have to leave my dog who is obsessed with me and all I can see is my wife coming home and I'm not here. Then she will panic more and all night and I don't have a lot of time to die before being found and possibly saved. I have been here every evening while she works just a depressed lump so straying from that is making it harder. She's used to texting me all night while she works. So I have now, or I have sometime next week. Monday is our wedding anniversary. I can't bear it because I'm so checked out and angry and she's not. It's hard to tolerate being near her. It's awful. I'm scared to leave in the middle of the night while she's asleep because she's a light sleeper. I'm so conflicted but I literally cannot tolerate life. She cares so much about me and that makes me so angry and I just want to run but I don't want to hurt her. Sorry just venting. I wish I could just take the SN at home, it would be so much easier :(

• Hugs
  • Love
  • Aww..
Reactions: Per Ardua Ad Astra, Tartuffe, Caoine01 and 1 other person
D

Disaster

Experienced
Jan 24, 2023
I'm sorry that you struggle so much. I hope you will find either a way to find your life worth living, or a way of leaving you're comfortable (enough) with.
I don't get it why the culture of this group is to be so sensitive about Airbnb owners, while being often quite sharp about landlords, and usually not giving a heck about ctb-ing in the rented apartment that is just, well, rented. Landlords usually use Airbnb to make more money from shorter stays than from renting to one person that rents for months or years. Why are we supposed to care about the Airbnb owners but not regular landlords? Or do we now have to own a property to be allowed to ctb there? 😂 Considering the economy in most of the world, it's more serious gatekeeping that some pro-lifers 😂 And of course not allowed to ctb if a relative may find you, and not allowed if you may lie there for a long time, if anyone may inherit it as it would decrease the value… Guys, should we expect a thread about how much flatulence each method causes, because of the methane harmful to ozone layer? 😂
Sorry OP for being so silly in so serious topic, but in my opinion this is getting ridiculous when people are so sensitive about the Airbnb hosts feelings.