Iris Blue

Iris Blue

-ˋˏ ༻❁༺ ˎˊ-
Oct 23, 2023
I personally don't have much or any spiritual beliefs but now that my time to go is coming closer and closer I'm becoming more curious and possibly nervous for where people who end their lives go and if it's any different than people who die of natural causes OR if anyone even goes anywhere. I'd like to hear anyone's thoughts or input about it.

• Hugs
Reactions: sserafim, Praestat_Mori, WAITING TO DIE and 3 others
uniqueusername39

uniqueusername39

Student
Mar 7, 2023
we go wherever we've been before we were born. that's what i believe anyways.

• Hugs
Reactions: DT2007, sserafim, tiger b and 1 other person
Darkover

Darkover

Angelic
Jul 29, 2021
we all face the same fate regardless of what you may or may not have done during your life time it's either nothing forever or rebirth

• Hugs
Reactions: sserafim, tiger b, Praestat_Mori and 1 other person
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
I very strongly believe that once we die we simply cease existing and we are gone. Death is the absence of everything for all eternity, we won't be able to experience everything and the thought of such a thing is all that comforts me. I only wish for the eternity of death where all is forgotten about.

Reactions: tourniquetbunny, imsotiredd, sserafim and 3 others
U

username8888

-
Oct 11, 2023
I believe:

Either it will be eternal painless non existence or an ideal painless something forever.

• Hugs
Reactions: sserafim, Beyond_Repair, Praestat_Mori and 1 other person
WAITING TO DIE

WAITING TO DIE

TORMENTED
Sep 30, 2023
I don't believe in any kind of afterlife, yet if there is one then I couldn't care less anymore because its out of my control.
I'll just have to deal with that shit shortly after I terminate my earthly existence.

• Hugs
Reactions: sserafim, Somethingiswaddling and Praestat_Mori
𝗟𝗼𝗻𝗲𝗹𝘆

𝗟𝗼𝗻𝗲𝗹𝘆

Deeming that I were better dead
Oct 28, 2023
I'm agnostic so I'm not sure about afterlife. At the end of the day I'm just a human and I believe I will find out what happend after only when the day comes.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: sserafim, Iris Blue and Praestat_Mori
P

Praestat_Mori

Mori praestat, quam haec pati!
May 21, 2023
After we CTB (= after we die) there is probably nothingness or pure energy (which can also be a kind of nothingness). That's it and it's pretty comforting!

Last edited:
Reactions: sserafim, Somethingiswaddling, losing hope and 1 other person
D

Deleted member 65988

After we CTB (= after we die) there is probably nothingness or pure energy (which can also be a kind of nothingness). That's it and it's pretty comforting!
I prefer nothingness to any man-made idea of an eternity of an existence whether as a soul in some suspended state of eternal torment or bliss or a cyclical repetition of life over a trillion different times.

Reactions: WAITING TO DIE, sserafim, ReWind and 2 others
tiger b

tiger b

AI without the I
Oct 24, 2023
Well I call it God but you could easily call it nothingness (the G word appears to provoke all sorts of reactions in people!) as what could be more final and perfect. And loving. A total end to suffering and deception.

There may be reincarnation, unfortunately, before that point is reached. I hope that's not the case. But I think the final destination is inevitable.

I find that strangely comforting.

Reactions: WAITING TO DIE and sserafim
isthisit?

isthisit?

The name's Cedrik
Jun 23, 2023
As much as I would like to believe that when we die, everything goes blank, I still think that someone is up there. Like, there are so many weird consequences that have happened in life that I have to ask, like what are the chances that things just randomly fall perfectly into place.

Reactions: sserafim
Mistiie

Mistiie

This is a Junly moment
Nov 10, 2023
I like to think, or rather hope, it's reincarnation. I don't necessarily want to finish all of this and then there be nothing. I mean, if there is nothing, then I won't be around to complain about it, but the idea that there's something afterwards that makes me into an entirely different process is nice, and it's something I hope for, no matter how ridiculous it is. Even if it's into an animal or another person, just something that makes me not me anymore.

Reactions: wastingpotential, WAITING TO DIE and sserafim
Iris Blue

Iris Blue

-ˋˏ ༻❁༺ ˎˊ-
Oct 23, 2023
I like to think, or rather hope, it's reincarnation. I don't necessarily want to finish all of this and then there be nothing. I mean, if there is nothing, then I won't be around to complain about it, but the idea that there's something afterwards that makes me into an entirely different process is nice, and it's something I hope for, no matter how ridiculous it is. Even if it's into an animal or another person, just something that makes me not me anymore.
I can understand that, for a while most of me has been leaning towards the idea of reincarnation and how each time we would experience a different kind of life whether it's more good or bad. I've read some stories of how people remembered some of their past lives and even retraced back to where they previously lived and my mind can't even comprehend it but it's so cool and interesting.

Mistiie

Mistiie

This is a Junly moment
Nov 10, 2023
I can understand that, for a while most of me has been leaning towards the idea of reincarnation and how each time we would experience a different kind of life whether it's more good or bad. I've read some stories of how people remembered some of their past lives and even retraced back to where they previously lived and my mind can't even comprehend it but it's so cool and interesting.
Yeah, it's personally why I think that there is some form of underlying mechanism that results in memories being passed to and from individuals such that they "reincarnate." Most of the stories you read are completely fabricated but there are a select few where there's literally no chance that that child would have known that person let alone their experiences in such a fine detail as to describe it at like age 5 or whatever. Maybe they just have an overactive imagination though...

I suppose it depends on what we experience as reincarnation. Maybe we're all the same person, living a new life for every birth, and maybe we're just a brain floating out in the cosmic void as a result of random manifestation and collection of the correct atoms. Who's to say.

Or maybe reincarnation is something we can cause in people using technology. Maybe reincarnation would actually be the switching of heads on bodies or the controlled mutilation and lobotomisation of a brain to the point where it can be rendered "new" again through some fancy magical medical procedure, and then we can regrow and be an entirely new person.

Then again, this is all wishful thinking. It's more likely than not the nothingness we experienced before all of this...

Reactions: sserafim and Iris Blue
Iris Blue

Iris Blue

-ˋˏ ༻❁༺ ˎˊ-
Oct 23, 2023
Yeah, it's personally why I think that there is some form of underlying mechanism that results in memories being passed to and from individuals such that they "reincarnate." Most of the stories you read are completely fabricated but there are a select few where there's literally no chance that that child would have known that person let alone their experiences in such a fine detail as to describe it at like age 5 or whatever. Maybe they just have an overactive imagination though...

I suppose it depends on what we experience as reincarnation. Maybe we're all the same person, living a new life for every birth, and maybe we're just a brain floating out in the cosmic void as a result of random manifestation and collection of the correct atoms. Who's to say.

Or maybe reincarnation is something we can cause in people using technology. Maybe reincarnation would actually be the switching of heads on bodies or the controlled mutilation and lobotomisation of a brain to the point where it can be rendered "new" again through some fancy magical medical procedure, and then we can regrow and be an entirely new person.

Then again, this is all wishful thinking. It's more likely than not the nothingness we experienced before all of this...
You've made some really good points, definitely puts a new perspective on it for me

T

tiredone

Tired one
Dec 12, 2022
For long time i believed heaven and hell as i was brought up that way.
Now it is still somewhere inside but moreof fear-based.
What i want to believe is either same when you fall asleep and dont dream. Nothing. Non existance. Non awareness. Just end.
On the other hand i like to believe that we get to see the ones that we loved and they loved us back. But nothingness is more comforting.
I really wish to die in my sleep(i know i am not that lucky), but when SN times come i hope to fall asleep. Thats it.

Reactions: DT2007, WAITING TO DIE and sserafim
R_N

R_N

-Memento Mori-
Dec 3, 2019
Game over screen with no credits left.

Iris Blue

Iris Blue

-ˋˏ ༻❁༺ ˎˊ-
Oct 23, 2023
For long time i believed heaven and hell as i was brought up that way.
Now it is still somewhere inside but moreof fear-based.
What i want to believe is either same when you fall asleep and dont dream. Nothing. Non existance. Non awareness. Just end.
On the other hand i like to believe that we get to see the ones that we loved and they loved us back. But nothingness is more comforting.
I really wish to die in my sleep(i know i am not that lucky), but when SN times come i hope to fall asleep. Thats it.
I also was raised to those beliefs, I also remember hearing something about people who end their own lives are stuck in purgatory until the end of time. Also, the thought of just ending in nothingness seems so simple yet I still have many questions about it like: will we know we are basically nothing and just experience the forever time of not existing or is it almost like a switch where every part of you is just gone? It's nuts there seems to be so many different theories but none that are 100% factual since everyone who dies can't like come back and tell you what to expect. I've also heard of stories of people close to death and explaining what they experienced but it all seems so unreal. I'm like so confused lol

Iris Blue

Iris Blue

-ˋˏ ༻❁༺ ˎˊ-
Oct 23, 2023
Hopefully not. Im claustrophobic.
Prefer cremation and scattering ashes.
I also would prefer cremation, the thought of bugs eating and crawling around you does not sit right with me

damnatio memoriae

damnatio memoriae

i like the color green.
Feb 24, 2023
I'm not sure. I wish I still believed in something.

• Hugs
Reactions: sserafim and Iris Blue
DT2007

DT2007

reincarnation
Oct 9, 2023
I believe in reincarnation. A new existence after a short period of nothingness.

Vesiira

Vesiira

Dreaming Of Being Buried
Nov 7, 2023
i really hope i don't go anywhere. i just want it to be nothingness like i've always wanted.

Reactions: Umacon, imsotiredd and sserafim
J

jackrussell

Oct 30, 2023
i'm not sure. i hope that there's no more suffering.

I

imsotiredd

Nov 3, 2023
The nothingness of the void. Please please please let there be nothing after this life.

I grew up Catholic. Just the thought of being conscious for eternity makes me wanna throw up ("paradise" or not). I just don't see how those people feel comfort in beliefs like that. Even reincarnation makes me queasy. You mean I have to do this shit again? Nah man. Fuck that.

Iris Blue

Iris Blue

-ˋˏ ༻❁༺ ˎˊ-
Oct 23, 2023
i really hope i don't go anywhere. i just want it to be nothingness like i've always wanted.
I can also agree to that, I wish if there was a certainty that after we die we are reincarnated that we can just refuse to be and just be one with the void

• Love
Reactions: Vesiira and sserafim
BLEH:3

BLEH:3

Nov 6, 2023
I hope nowhere especially not reincarnation cause I can't do this shit again. I'm glad that there is nothing and true peace after my death.

Reactions: thewalkingdread and sserafim
R

Rainbow_Jumper

Sep 28, 2023
I believe that we all just cease to exist when we die. Just a black void, basically. Eternal sleep.