• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

PrincessInWhite

PrincessInWhite

I just want to sell out my funeral
Feb 21, 2019
I personally haven't seen anyone on here who claims it's super painful who has any actual proof- it's all either people who attempted and then didn't finish (aka took enough to cause a headache but not enough to die/pass out quickly) or didn't do the method properly, or people who are regurgitating the same things about it "not being as peaceful as people want to believe" but can't point to any source.

don't get me wrong- I don't think it's totally PAINLESS. Rapid heartbeat and lowering BP and headaches will cause discomfort. I just see no actual evidence that this is a long and/or very painful death.

where do you guys stand on this? What evidence do you have to support your beliefs?

Meditation guide

Meditation guide

Always was, is, and always shall be.
Jun 22, 2020
I personally haven't seen anyone on here who claims it's super painful who has any actual proof- it's all either people who attempted and then didn't finish (aka took enough to cause a headache but not enough to die/pass out quickly) or didn't do the method properly, or people who are regurgitating the same things about it "not being as peaceful as people want to believe" but can't point to any source.

don't get me wrong- I don't think it's totally PAINLESS. Rapid heartbeat and lowering BP and headaches will cause discomfort. I just see no actual evidence that this is a long and/or very painful death.

where do you guys stand on this? What evidence do you have to support your beliefs?
There have been at least two people who were in terrible stomach pain and one with an unbearable headache that couldn't stand it and called for an ambulance. But I haven't heard of any more than that and I've heard about 30 accounts of people who ctb'd from it.

Understand these are second or third hand accounts and we do not actually know some details for most, just what is reported.

This is not something we know for sure without a doubt what happens to everyone. People take this alone, without anyone seeing them as they take it usually. So all we have to go by is these few reports of people who were in touch with them, or what they reported here until they seemed to be unable to continue posting.

Last edited:
Meditation guide

Meditation guide

Jun 22, 2020
Dizziness, mental confusion, weakness of the legs and arms, vomiting, sometimes lots of vomiting, vision distortion, hearing distortion, nausea, unable to move, difficulty breathing, these are the main symptoms.

Swimbike

Swimbike

Sep 14, 2020
I have everything I need having made the decision to use this particular method. For the record I was 24 hours from sealing myself in a room and lighting a travel BBQ before I stumbled upon SN. I know how methodical I can be and my SN research involved this site, YouTube and some data I found here and there on the web. It took me about 8 weeks to decide and acquire the necessary chemicals/paraphernalia.

On reflection I suspect that some people have not been in a position to prepare properly beforehand. There can be many reasons for this and it was evident by trawling through the numerous (useful) threads on here. I downloaded a few really helpful xls. that someone kindly posted.

I am content about SN personally. I note the cyclical nature of opinion has changed. During my month long respite from suffering I didn't visit SS. When I returned it was apparent a shift had occurred. I found nothing to change my view other than a willingness to question the method. And that is a good thing.

Weary Soul

Weary Soul

Soon I will be free
Nov 13, 2019
"Where do you all stand with the "SN being painful" thing?"
I was just talking about this with a friend the other day.

What seems like a life-time ago, when I was still a teen, I was hospitalized for a severe bout of kidney stones (it was so bad I could actually feel my kidney through the skin of my back like this huge, excruciatingly painful blob).

At that time the only options were to let the stone pass on its own or surgery.

They waited 2 days to see if the stone would pass on its own. Despite pain medication (although this was really poorly handled), the pain was so excruciating that I begged to die. BEGGED (so unlike me).

Death would have been the best pain pill ever.

I learned then that excruciating pain ends - one way or another.

<3

Meditation guide

Meditation guide

Jun 22, 2020
I have everything I need having made the decision to use this particular method. For the record I was 24 hours from sealing myself in a room and lighting a travel BBQ before I stumbled upon SN. I know how methodical I can be and my SN research involved this site, YouTube and some data I found here and there on the web. It took me about 8 weeks to decide and acquire the necessary chemicals/paraphernalia.

On reflection I suspect that some people have not been in a position to prepare properly beforehand. There can be many reasons for this and it was evident by trawling through the numerous (useful) threads on here. I downloaded a few really helpful xls. that someone kindly posted.

I am content about SN personally. I note the cyclical nature of opinion has changed. During my month long respite from suffering I didn't visit SS. When I returned it was apparent a shift had occurred. I found nothing to change my view other than a willingness to question the method. And that is a good thing.
I like the barbecue method a lot. It seems like you go from being alert to unconscious or maybe having a headache, but without the vomiting and weakness.

G

Ghost2211

Archangel
Jan 20, 2020
It seems that it can be anywhere on the spectrum of peacefulness for different people. There is unfortunately no way to know how each person's body will handle it. I've read a lot of people saying it was just fine and peaceful and OK, and those that survived would even take it again. I've also read some heartbreaking reports of people dying pretty uncomfortably. In my opinion it is worth the risk considering it would be far more tolerable than some of the other options, and unfortunately some of the more pleasant options are not exactly accessible.

Meditation guide

Meditation guide

Jun 22, 2020
Someone was reporting trying SN 3 times, being found the first two times and immediately trying again when they were finally successful.

Reactions: PrincessInWhite
voyager

voyager

Don't you dare go hollow...
Nov 25, 2019
I think for the majority of people the method is fairly peaceful and the pain bearable. But some people have had problems going unconscious, being in serious pain, and trouble moving. This worries me a little, because if I was affected by the first two I'd try to hang myself but if I can't get up I'm not sure what to do but call help. FWIW though, I find the method peaceful enough that if there weren't any repercussions involved with an attempt I'd try it, but failure scares me.

Last edited:
justanotherstar

justanotherstar

Life: you can’t fire me, I quit.
Nov 23, 2020
I've researched SN so much I honestly don't think there is much more learning to uncover. In the main people report relatively peaceful passings. I have no doubt there will be discomfort or pain but in many ways this is bearable because the time I will spend conscious will be short if I do it right. I guess I'm just prepared to take the risk. I could be wrong and it could be an awful way to go out but for now It's all I can hold onto in terms of a peaceful passing. And should I be wrong then it will be too late for my SI to kick in and well then it sucks to be me. If I die in writhing pain then it's probably no less than I deserve

PrincessInWhite

PrincessInWhite

I just want to sell out my funeral
Feb 21, 2019
Dizziness, mental confusion, weakness of the legs and arms, vomiting, sometimes lots of vomiting, vision distortion, hearing distortion, nausea, unable to move, difficulty breathing, these are the main symptoms.
Yup! From my research that plus mild/moderate headaches based on the physiological effects of the chemical on the body and none of those are anything I'd called "severe pain." I guess it just bugs me when people try to hype up how bad something is with absolutely zero evidence. I'm not saying it's painless or perfect or free from issues, I just don't see any evidence that it's super painful.
I think for the majority of people the method is fairly peaceful and the pain bearable. But some people have had problems going unconscious, being in serious pain, and trouble moving. This worries me a little, because if I was affected by the first two I'd try to hang myself but if I can't get up I'm not sure what to do but call help. FWIW though, I find the method peaceful enough that if there weren't any repurcussions involved with an attempt I'd try it, but failure scares me.
SN actually has the least physical repercussions of most methods, those who survived report no lasting effects at least from all the reports I've read. I can find the spreadsheet in a bit once I'm home. Much lower risk of brain or lasting organ damage than other methods although short term liver/kidney damage is possible

Last edited:
issyishere

issyishere

Goodnight and always remember that’s life
Nov 5, 2019
Yup! From my research that plus mild/moderate headaches based on the physiological effects of the chemical on the body and none of those are anything I'd called "severe pain." I guess it just bugs me when people try to hype up how bad something is with absolutely zero evidence. I'm not saying it's painless or perfect or free from issues, I just don't see any evidence that it's super painful.

SN actually has the least physical repercussions of most methods, those who survived report no lasting effects at least from all the reports I've read. I can find the spreadsheet in a bit once I'm home
I've also noticed an uptick of people trying to discourage the use of SN, it's a bit odd to be honest and I'm not sure what the change of attitude is from. Just a year ago, this forum had it trading blows with N because of it's ease of access and somewhat moderate symptoms and time until unconsciousness.

voyager

voyager

Don't you dare go hollow...
Nov 25, 2019
SN actually has the least physical repercussions of most methods, those who survived report no lasting effects at least from all the reports I've read. I can find the spreadsheet in a bit once I'm home. Much lower risk of brain or lasting organ damage than other methods although short term liver/kidney damage is possible
Yep, that's true. Meant repercussions more in the sense of ward or stigma. Don't want to come back or ask for help under any circumstances.

Nimbus

Nimbus

Hanging on is hard
Dec 2, 2019
It seems to me that the "pain" factor with SN is attributed to the vomiting, possible burning of the esophagus and headache- for the most part. The nausea could certainly be very uncomfortable but I wouldn't really categorize that as "pain." Overall, these are tradeoffs I'm willing to accept for a non-violent, relatively peaceful death.

Gnip

Gnip

Bill the Cat
Oct 10, 2020
"Where do you all stand with the "SN being painful" thing?"
I was just talking about this with a friend the other day.

What seems like a life-time ago, when I was still a teen, I was hospitalized for a severe bout of kidney stones (it was so bad I could actually feel my kidney through the skin of my back like this huge, excruciatingly painful blob).

At that time the only options were to let the stone pass on its own or surgery.

They waited 2 days to see if the stone would pass on its own. Despite pain medication (although this was really poorly handled), the pain was so excruciating that I begged to die. BEGGED (so unlike me).

Death would have been the best pain pill ever.

I learned then that excruciating pain ends - one way or another.

<3

Late last month, I had a urologist preemptively blast apart a benign 10 mm kidney stone which a couple ultrasounds had revealed, just to avoid experiencing all the excruciating pain which I'd always understood could be involved. (A few nurses I had worked with who had given birth to twins told me that passing kidney stones was worse for them.) Lithotripsy appears to have been successful, and I was lucky enough to painlessly pass several grains of "sand" (which I have in a cup for analyzing) with no complications.

Will continue taking potassium citrate capsules, apple cider vinegar tablets and lemon juice, lime juice and cranberry juice concentrate to prevent the formation of any future kidney stones. Learned during the course of my research that calcium oxalate rich foods are a major culprit in the formation of kidney stones, but fortunately do not care for okra anyway (unlike some of my acquaintances in Louisiana who love Cajun cuisine).

Dental pain and prostatitis are the only two physical torments I've actually experienced which tempted me to CTB.

Weary Soul

Weary Soul

Soon I will be free
Nov 13, 2019
Late last month, I had a urologist preemptively blast apart a benign 10 mm kidney stone which a couple ultrasounds had revealed, just to avoid experiencing all the excruciating pain which I'd always understood could be involved. (A few nurses I had worked with who had given birth to twins told me that passing kidney stones was worse for them.) Lithotripsy appears to have been successful, and I was lucky enough to painlessly pass several grains of "sand" (which I have in a cup for analyzing) with no complications.

Will continue taking potassium citrate capsules, apple cider vinegar tablets and lemon juice, lime juice and cranberry juice concentrate to prevent the formation of any future kidney stones. Learned during the course of my research that calcium oxalate rich foods are a major culprit in the formation of kidney stones, but fortunately do not care for okra anyway (unlike some of my acquaintances in Louisiana who love Cajun cuisine).

Dental pain and prostatitis are the only two physical torments I've actually experienced which tempted me to CTB.

Hands down, the kindney stone(s) that completely blocked my ureter was the most excruciating pain I have ever experienced. Depending on the size of the stone and where it is located in the urinary tract impacts pain severity. In my case, it was in the ureter and it completely blocked any passage of urine from the kidney to the bladder. And because the kidney does not stop what it does, even when there is a stone, well that urine produced in my kidney had no place to go - so it backed up and completed blew my kidney up like a balloon.

Lithotripsy had not yet been invented at the time (dating myself again - ha!)

My stone(s) have always been calcium oxalate as well and I was placed on a diet to limit my intake of calcium. I now drink cranberry juice and tons of water, regulalry. I was surprised to find that iced tea may promote kidney stone formation.

I read that you have a PharmD in your family, there is some information around magnesium blood levels and how this can impact stone formation, might be helpful to check with the expert.

I am so tired of physical and mental pain... and so sorry you have experienced multiple different types of it!!!!

Even passing sand or blood clots is painful IME.

Glad to see you are doing better !!!

<3

demuic

demuic

Life was a mistake
Sep 12, 2020
I think it is one of the most peaceful methods. There has been a lot of fear mongering about it recently some of which I think can be attributed to the undercover pro lifers on here.

I won't let a bit of relatively mild discomfort like vomiting, nausea, dizziness, discourage me. Compared to the possible negative of other methods, it's actually quite nice. Completely painless death is a unicorn.

Gnip

Gnip

Bill the Cat
Oct 10, 2020
Hands down, the kidney stone(s) that completely blocked my ureter was the most excruciating pain I have ever experienced. Depending on the size of the stone and where it is located in the urinary tract impacts pain severity. In my case, it was in the ureter and it completely blocked any passage of urine from the kidney to the bladder. And because the kidney does not stop what it does, even when there is a stone, well that urine produced in my kidney had no place to go - so it backed up and completed blew my kidney up like a balloon.

Lithotripsy had not yet been invented at the time (dating myself again - ha!)

My stone(s) have always been calcium oxalate as well and I was placed on a diet to limit my intake of calcium. I now drink cranberry juice and tons of water, regularly. I was surprised to find that iced tea may promote kidney stone formation.

I read that you have a PharmD in your family, there is some information around magnesium blood levels and how this can impact stone formation, might be helpful to check with the expert.

I am so tired of physical and mental pain... and so sorry you have experienced multiple different types of it!!!!

Even passing sand or blood clots is painful IME.

Glad to see you are doing better !!!

<3

That PharmD is my best friend. We met when she was interning at my pharmacy for her doctorate, and I agreed to help her nail that credential down with my apparently unique experiences and knowledge. We've been exchanging information and knowledge ever since.

Yeah, "procrastinating" can certainly pay off when it come to advances with treating certain medical conditions. My father had his gall bladder removed the old fashioned way, with an incision and stitches, while my mother and sister later had theirs removed laparoscopically. As for me, my hope is to keep my bilirubin down (in part with milk thistle capsule supplements), and go on ursodiol if it happens to act up. (Meanwhile, I have been on allopurinol for a few years to manage my uric acid.)

When I went in for my lithotripsy, I suggested they use a catheter during the procedure. My speculation is that they must have used one the size of a boa constrictor, because there was surprisingly no discomfort at all the two times that broken up stones were strained out. (I honestly felt nothing go through when it happened.)

Passed "cranberry juice" red a few times, but nothing of catsup viscosity (which did happen to me after an injury years ago), and nothing else worth noting.

Artificial sweeteners can also cause the formation of these stones, so I try to offset by sweetening lime and lemon water with sucralose. With cranberry juice that's not concentrate, I try to avoid anything sweetened by ubiquitous high fructose corn syrup poison.

Reactions: Weary Soul
Meditation guide

Meditation guide

Jun 22, 2020
I think if you have an undiagnosed ulcer or diagnosed one you will feel intense burning pain. It's a huge amount of acid in the stomach and small intestine of a kind not found there naturally. No ulcer = no pain. That's just my guess based on a couple of reports of intense pain described as a hot burning coal in the stomach.

Last edited:
Weary Soul

Weary Soul

Soon I will be free
Nov 13, 2019
That PharmD is my best friend. We met when she was interning at my pharmacy for her doctorate, and I agreed to help her nail that credential down with my apparently unique experiences and knowledge. We've been exchanging information and knowledge ever since.

Yeah, "procrastinating" can certainly pay off when it come to advances with treating certain medical conditions. My father had his gall bladder removed the old fashioned way, with an incision and stitches, while my mother and sister later had theirs removed laparoscopically. As for me, my hope is to keep my bilirubin down (in part with milk thistle capsule supplements), and go on ursodiol if it happens to act up. (Meanwhile, I have been on allopurinol for a few years to manage my uric acid.)

When I went in for my lithotripsy, I suggested they use a catheter during the procedure. My speculation is that they must have used one the size of a boa constrictor, because there was surprisingly no discomfort at all the two times that broken up stones were strained out. (I honestly felt nothing go through when it happened.)

Passed "cranberry juice" red a few times, but nothing of catsup viscosity (which did happen to me after an injury years ago), and nothing else worth noting.

Artificial sweeteners can also cause the formation of these stones, so I try to offset by sweetening lime and lemon water with sucralose. With cranberry juice that's not concentrate, I try to avoid anything sweetened by ubiquitous high fructose corn syrup poison.

A lot of the information I have about kidney stones is old, it has been a long time since I have had a stone large enough to require medical intervention.

I worked in medicine for many, many years and the advances that have been made still amaze me.

I have heard a lot about the benefits of milk thistle lately. If I intended to be around much longer, I would likely research this (along with the benefits of ginger and other common foods) to modify my diet for a healthier life.

I have to laugh at myself, years and years ago I started a medicinal garden. Off the top of my head, it had valerian, yarrow, comfry, california poppy, etc. I should have stuck with it!!

I know that "cranberry juice" red well. It was what alerted me to stones after the first huge one. Unfortunately, ofttimes hematuria can only be detected using a dipstick (and I used to keep those on hand too).

I am glad you are better.

Kidney stones are awful!

Reactions: Gnip
Nymph

Nymph

he/him
Jul 15, 2020

I know that a few people decided to share their ctb with others and the viewers thought that the person was in pain but you can't really know. I think it's probably the least painful from the ones out there. Just gotta make sure that you're unconscious asap

Reactions: justsad&done
B

Buffy5120

Death is vital
Mar 19, 2020
Lol I already have all of that so no worries still concerned about my gi issues though but ill ask about this another time

Gnip

Gnip

Bill the Cat
Oct 10, 2020
View attachment 53776

A lot of the information I have about kidney stones is old, it has been a long time since I have had a stone large enough to require medical intervention.

I worked in medicine for many, many years and the advances that have been made still amaze me.

I have heard a lot about the benefits of milk thistle lately. If I intended to be around much longer, I would likely research this (along with the benefits of ginger and other common foods) to modify my diet for a healthier life.

I have to laugh at myself, years and years ago I started a medicinal garden. Off the top of my head, it had valerian, yarrow, comfry, california poppy, etc. I should have stuck with it!!

I know that "cranberry juice" red well. It was what alerted me to stones after the first huge one. Unfortunately, ofttimes hematuria can only be detected using a dipstick (and I used to keep those on hand too).

I am glad you are better.

Kidney stones are awful!

During whatever time you have left, if you enjoy iced tea, so do I. Because of sleep apnea, my tea is decaffeinated, and I use stevia to sweeten it, a natural alternative to sugar which has also been linked to kidney stones. I counteract the risk of kidney stone formation by adding lemon juice and lemons to my iced tea for the citric acid content to prevent kidney stone formation.

The water I drink now always has a splash of lemon juice, lime juice, cranberry juice concentrate, or a combination of those additives. I also sometimes have yogurt with cranberry juice, lemon juice or lime juice added, and Syrians in my family frequently use a lemon juice/olive oil marinade for recipes like fresh cabbage salad, and a blend of vinegars is my alternative marinade for cabbage salad, since I don't like the taste of cabbage, but am fine with apple cider vinegar flavoring, balsamic vinegar flavoring or lemon flavoring. (Interestingly, nobody on my Syrian side of the family has ever suffered a kidney stone that we know of.)

With sodium nitrite, what I keep getting in the way of negative descriptions concerns tachycardia and vomiting. I dislike vomiting because of how severely the stomach acid can burn my esophagus. I have a huge well stored vacuum sealed stash of clonazepam dating back over a decade, also a stockpile of omeprazole from years ago, many other different unfinished prescriptions and plenty of pharmacist consultants with chemistry backgrounds (including some in my area who are suicidal) assuring me that my supply of particular medications can remain fully potent for decades through my proper storage methods.

Pharmacists in my experience are delighted to be utilized for free consults during quiet times like overnight hours, are easy to locate outside one's own area of residency, and anonymity is no difficulty at all, particularly when conversing at a pharmacy where there is a high employee turnover rate.

I have jovially asked, "Given all the pharmaceuticals you have here, would hemlock be your first choice for dispatching yourself if you were Socrates?" With the right pharmacist, this can trigger the sort of entertaining and informative academic dialogue reminiscent of James Stewart's professor Rupert Cadell in Alfred Hitchcock's 1948 classic "Rope." (The mention of poison hemlock with respect to Socrates is the ice breaker here, as even in the UK islands, there is no potential for any government authority to block free citizen access to wild growing hemlock roots, so whether or not the conversationalists are looking for ways to commit suicide is merely academic at that point. The only prevention for suicide with that knowledge being possessed is to cure whatever condition is causing the suicidal ideation, whether it be liver cancer, brain cancer, pancreatic cancer, aging, arthritis, depression, freckles, excess height, dwarfism, any sort of pain, and so on.)

Maybe in the paranoid world of 2020, such a discussion might be considered and reported upon as suspicious, since differences are now criminalized and aggressively prosecuted instead of extolled (hence the guarantee of modern civilization racing backwards into the dark ages again, as will quickly happen when the next pathogen after COVID is the updated equivalent of the 1918 flu, a pandemic which quickly kills billions through modern jet transportation instead of over 50 million through much slower steam liner travel), but I have already long since enjoyed most of the necessary conversations to acquire all the knowledge I need to successfully CTB on my first attempt.

Weary Soul

Weary Soul

Soon I will be free
Nov 13, 2019
"During whatever time you have left, if you enjoy iced tea, so do I. Because of sleep apnea, my tea is decaffeinated, and I use stevia to sweeten it, a natural alternative to sugar which has also been linked to kidney stones. I counteract the risk of kidney stone formation by adding lemon juice and lemons to my iced tea for the citric acid content to prevent kidney stone formation.

The water I drink now always has a splash of lemon juice, lime juice, cranberry juice concentrate, or a combination of those additives. I also sometimes have yogurt with cranberry juice, lemon juice or lime juice added, and Syrians in my family frequently use a lemon juice/olive oil marinade for recipes like fresh cabbage salad, and a blend of vinegars is my alternative marinade for cabbage salad, since I don't like the taste of cabbage, but am fine with apple cider vinegar flavoring, balsamic vinegar flavoring or lemon flavoring. (Interestingly, nobody on my Syrian side of the family has ever suffered a kidney stone that we know of.)" After my first run-in with kidney stones, I was given a list of foods/liquids to remove from my diet and, because of this, I no longer drink tea. (Ha - later I was told that I should ignore the list because it would make me deficient in certain nutrients.). In any case, now I have a cup of tea (always with lemon), every once in a long while. Lemons, IMO, are wonderful. I used to freeze the whole lemon and grate it into/onto everything. Same with vinegar, malt and balsamic in particular, if not for the acidity, I could probably drink vinegar from the bottle. :)

"Pharmacists in my experience are delighted to be utilized for free consults during quiet times like overnight hours, are easy to locate outside one's own area of residency, and anonymity is no difficulty at all, particularly when conversing at a pharmacy where there is a high employee turnover rate.

I have jovially asked, "Given all the pharmaceuticals you have here, would hemlock be your first choice for dispatching yourself if you were Socrates?" With the right pharmacist, this can trigger the sort of entertaining and informative academic dialogue reminiscent of James Stewart's professor Rupert Cadell in Alfred Hitchcock's 1948 classic "Rope." (The mention of poison hemlock with respect to Socrates is the ice breaker here, as even in the UK islands, there is no potential for any government authority to block free citizen access to wild growing hemlock roots, so whether or not the conversationalists are looking for ways to commit suicide is merely academic at that point. The only prevention for suicide with that knowledge being possessed is to cure whatever condition is causing the suicidal ideation, whether it be liver cancer, brain cancer, pancreatic cancer, aging, arthritis, depression, freckles, excess height, dwarfism, any sort of pain, and so on.)" This is brilliant!!!!! Where I live, if I were to be sanctioned because of this, it would never hold up in a court of law. Here one has to say "I am going to permanently harm myself." I have an acquaintance who never said a word, but his actions spoke volumes that he had every intention of committing suicide. We were told that there was nothing that the law could do.

"Maybe in the paranoid world of 2020, such a discussion might be considered and reported upon as suspicious, since differences are now criminalized and aggressively prosecuted instead of extolled (hence the guarantee of modern civilization racing backwards into the dark ages again, as will quickly happen when the next pathogen after COVID is the updated equivalent of the 1918 flu, a pandemic which quickly kills billions through modern jet transportation instead of over 50 million through much slower steam liner travel), but I have already long since enjoyed most of the necessary conversations to acquire all the knowledge I need to successfully CTB on my first attempt." I see so much forward thinking in the world today - such as the trends being set in Oregon - and at the same time, see a ton of backwards thinking or just plain old refusal to consider the view points of others - dogmatic thinking. It does scare me for the future of the younger generations.

<3

Reactions: Gnip
Gnip

Gnip

Bill the Cat
Oct 10, 2020
"During whatever time you have left, if you enjoy iced tea, so do I. Because of sleep apnea, my tea is decaffeinated, and I use stevia to sweeten it, a natural alternative to sugar which has also been linked to kidney stones. I counteract the risk of kidney stone formation by adding lemon juice and lemons to my iced tea for the citric acid content to prevent kidney stone formation.

The water I drink now always has a splash of lemon juice, lime juice, cranberry juice concentrate, or a combination of those additives. I also sometimes have yogurt with cranberry juice, lemon juice or lime juice added, and Syrians in my family frequently use a lemon juice/olive oil marinade for recipes like fresh cabbage salad, and a blend of vinegars is my alternative marinade for cabbage salad, since I don't like the taste of cabbage, but am fine with apple cider vinegar flavoring, balsamic vinegar flavoring or lemon flavoring. (Interestingly, nobody on my Syrian side of the family has ever suffered a kidney stone that we know of.)" After my first run-in with kidney stones, I was given a list of foods/liquids to remove from my diet and, because of this, I no longer drink tea. (Ha - later I was told that I should ignore the list because it would make me deficient in certain nutrients.). In any case, now I have a cup of tea (always with lemon), every once in a long while. Lemons, IMO, are wonderful. I used to freeze the whole lemon and grate it into/onto everything. Same with vinegar, malt and balsamic in particular, if not for the acidity, I could probably drink vinegar from the bottle. :)

"Pharmacists in my experience are delighted to be utilized for free consults during quiet times like overnight hours, are easy to locate outside one's own area of residency, and anonymity is no difficulty at all, particularly when conversing at a pharmacy where there is a high employee turnover rate.

I have jovially asked, "Given all the pharmaceuticals you have here, would hemlock be your first choice for dispatching yourself if you were Socrates?" With the right pharmacist, this can trigger the sort of entertaining and informative academic dialogue reminiscent of James Stewart's professor Rupert Cadell in Alfred Hitchcock's 1948 classic "Rope." (The mention of poison hemlock with respect to Socrates is the ice breaker here, as even in the UK islands, there is no potential for any government authority to block free citizen access to wild growing hemlock roots, so whether or not the conversationalists are looking for ways to commit suicide is merely academic at that point. The only prevention for suicide with that knowledge being possessed is to cure whatever condition is causing the suicidal ideation, whether it be liver cancer, brain cancer, pancreatic cancer, aging, arthritis, depression, freckles, excess height, dwarfism, any sort of pain, and so on.)" This is brilliant!!!!! Where I live, if I were to be sanctioned because of this, it would never hold up in a court of law. Here one has to say "I am going to permanently harm myself." I have an acquaintance who never said a word, but his actions spoke volumes that he had every intention of committing suicide. We were told that there was nothing that the law could do.

"Maybe in the paranoid world of 2020, such a discussion might be considered and reported upon as suspicious, since differences are now criminalized and aggressively prosecuted instead of extolled (hence the guarantee of modern civilization racing backwards into the dark ages again, as will quickly happen when the next pathogen after COVID is the updated equivalent of the 1918 flu, a pandemic which quickly kills billions through modern jet transportation instead of over 50 million through much slower steam liner travel), but I have already long since enjoyed most of the necessary conversations to acquire all the knowledge I need to successfully CTB on my first attempt." I see so much forward thinking in the world today - such as the trends being set in Oregon - and at the same time, see a ton of backwards thinking or just plain old refusal to consider the view points of others - dogmatic thinking. It does scare me for the future of the younger generations.

<3

The suggested dose of apple cider vinegar tablets I use is to take two of them thrice daily. It's rather difficult to overdose on vinegar tablets. My mother uses them to counteract severe nocturnal cramps in her legs (and she sometimes gets them while napping in the daytime), and I push her to take more of those tablets if she gets worse. (Some idiots criticize vinegar for the acidity, but how unhealthy could it be if it prevents and relieves cramps?) As I mentioned, I take allopurinol, which counteracts acid increase, so if my uric acid goes up, my primary care provider will simply boost my dosage of allopurinol, or possible add probenecid to my regimen. (My PCP is a delightful wisp of a gal who plays pickup games of ice hockey, has an interest in nutritional supplementation and practices acupuncture. She also worked her way through medical school by bartending and I also used to tend bar. We've learned a good deal from each other. Recently, I've developed high ferritin which I was able to successfully drive down dramatically with the use of high dose Qunol turmeric capsules, something supposedly impossible without regular phlebotomy. I prefer not to die from liver cancer, but a means of my own choosing.)

degeneratewaste

degeneratewaste

dressed for the grave.
Aug 24, 2020
the only times I've ever heard of there being any pain beyond the usual discomfort (nausea/vomiting, dizziness, slight throat burning, etc) have been those that haven't used antiemetics, antacid, fasted too long etc. if you follow Stan's guide, in general it seems to be fine if you can deal with the throwing up and stuff.