• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

T

Theman

Student
Mar 15, 2020
I can only find charcoal briquettes,?What kind of charcoal should i buy?Lumpwood charcoal?

P

Praestat_Mori

Mori praestat, quam haec pati!
May 21, 2023
Lump charcoal is suggested. Basically any kind of coal will do but briquettes can also contain other trash that produces unwanted emissions.

Reactions: Forveleth and Theman
T

Theman

Student
Mar 15, 2020
Lump charcoal is suggested. Basically any kind of coal will do but briquettes can also contain other trash that produces unwanted emissions.
Is lumpwood charcoal okay?Are both lump and lumpwood charcoal the same?

Please reply.

Last edited:
P

Praestat_Mori

May 21, 2023
Is lumpwood charcoal okay?Are both lump and lumpwood charcoal the same?
I would say yes. Make sure there are no additives like lighter fluid or such things.

P

Praestat_Mori

May 21, 2023
What should i say the charcoal is for in case the dealer asks.

Also what about the ideal grill?
Just say for BBQ what else you would need charcoal for? Any grill will do people also have used metal buckets instead of a grill.

S

Slipkorn

May 10, 2023
You're thinking about this way too hard. Lump charcoal is just chunks of wood cooked till they're black. If someone asks why you don't want self-start charcoal, say you don't like the taste of the chemicals. No ones going to think it's weird, millions of people buy lump charcoal everyday for camping, bbq, fire pits, w/e.

Reactions: Theman, locked*n*loaded and Praestat_Mori
locked*n*loaded

locked*n*loaded

Archangel
Apr 15, 2022
Not sure why anyone would ask you why you want a certain type of charcoal. There are different types out there for sale because different people want different types. You need 100% carbon lump charcoal. And I hope you take the time to read everything about CO method so you know what to do, and what not to do, so you don't injure yourself. There's a little more to it than just lighting some charcoal and putting them into a tent.

Reactions: AmericanMary, bwerner, Forveleth and 1 other person
Luke77

Luke77

Apr 3, 2024
For me getting charcoal is easy it's the execution that's hard it makes my throat and nose hurt

Reactions: DeathWish3301
T

Theman

Student
Mar 15, 2020
Not sure why anyone would ask you why you want a certain type of charcoal. There are different types out there for sale because different people want different types. You need 100% carbon lump charcoal. And I hope you take the time to read everything about CO method so you know what to do, and what not to do, so you don't injure yourself. There's a little more to it than just lighting some charcoal and putting them into a tent.
So,carbon lump charcoal is the same as hardwood charcoal?
You're thinking about this way too hard. Lump charcoal is just chunks of wood cooked till they're black. If someone asks why you don't want self-start charcoal, say you don't like the taste of the chemicals. No ones going to think it's weird, millions of people buy lump charcoal everyday for camping, bbq, fire pits, w/e.
What is the ideal time to enter the room after the charcoal starts to burn?
How long does it take for death to occur?
Thanks.What quantity of charcoal should i get?
Thanks.What quantity of charcoal should i get?

Last edited:
F

Forveleth

I knew I forgot to do something when I was 15...
Mar 26, 2024
Have you looked at this thread? A lot of the questions you're asking are answered here.

T

Theman

Student
Mar 15, 2020
Have you looked at this thread? A lot of the questions you're asking are answered here.
Thanks
Sorry,I'm a bit slow.Should I enter the room after the charcoal has fully burnt to ashes or before?

Last edited:
Reactions: Forveleth
locked*n*loaded

locked*n*loaded

Archangel
Apr 15, 2022
So,carbon lump charcoal is the same as hardwood charcoal?
Charcoal is made from hardwood. Any good quality lump charcoal will work, the kind without additives. There are a lot of postings on here about this method, what's required, what you need to do, that sort of thing. Others have already linked to some of the postings. I strongly encourage you to check them out and even find others and read them over, read them multiple times, until you thoroughly understand every aspect of this method. CO is an INVISIBLE gas produced by the burning of charcoal and other fuels. It has no odor or color. When lit coals stop smoking and are glowing red in color, that's when, along with the heat, they are producing huge amounts of CO. How much you need depends on how large your enclosure is. That's why you need to read about the method and understand what is required. If you goof it up, you can SERIOUSLY injure yourself without killing yourself. It's not as simple as just lighting some arbitrary amount of charcoal and sticking it in a tent.

Reactions: sugarh1gh and Theman
T

Theman

Student
Mar 15, 2020
Charcoal is made from hardwood. Any good quality lump charcoal will work, the kind without additives. There are a lot of postings on here about this method, what's required, what you need to do, that sort of thing. Others have already linked to some of the postings. I strongly encourage you to check them out and even find others and read them over, read them multiple times, until you thoroughly understand every aspect of this method. CO is an INVISIBLE gas produced by the burning of charcoal and other fuels. It has no odor or color. When lit coals stop smoking and are glowing red in color, that's when, along with the heat, they are producing huge amounts of CO. How much you need depends on how large your enclosure is. That's why you need to read about the method and understand what is required. If you goof it up, you can SERIOUSLY injure yourself without killing yourself. It's not as simple as just lighting some arbitrary amount of charcoal and sticking it in a tent.
So when they're burning red is when I should enter the room?

locked*n*loaded

locked*n*loaded

Archangel
Apr 15, 2022
So when they're burning red is when I should enter the room?
You shouldn't even do this in a room. You should enter when the CO level is high enough.

Reactions: Forveleth
T

Theman

Student
Mar 15, 2020
You shouldn't even do this in a room. You should enter when the CO level is high enough.
I dont have a tent . I'm planning on using a grill and heating it up and entering the room when the CO levels have built up to high levels?What are the recommended levels.Sorry,again.
Please reply,brother.

Last edited:
locked*n*loaded

locked*n*loaded

Archangel
Apr 15, 2022
I dont have a tent . I'm planning on using a grill and heating it up and entering the room when the CO levels have built up to high levels?What are the recommended levels.Sorry,again.

Please reply,brother.
How are you going to know the CO levels? You have to be able to measure them with a CO analyzer. Short of that you're just guessing. Everything you need to know is in the Carbon Monoxide Megathread.