• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3b
    oei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

Willowkin

Willowkin

Peace from pain by choice not chance
Jul 23, 2019
I already posted a question where I listed the meds that could do the job and a few I didn't know about.

This post is different because I'm looking for a resource not a direct answer. Where can I find information on the minimum "for sure" levels of psychiatric, sleep, and pain prescription medications? I'm looking for info to support the choice to ctb not the levels found in places trying to prevent harm.

If it helps the meds I need info for are:
•Clonazepam/Klonopin 0.5mg
•Amitriptyline/Elavil 25mg
•Hydroxyzine/Atarax 50mg
•Gabapentin/Neurontin 300mg
•Buspirone/Buspar 15mg
•Quetiapine/Seroquel 300mg
•Duloxetine/Cymbalta 60mg
•Prazosin/Minipress 1mg
•Buprenorphine-Naloxon/•Suboxone 8-2mg SL (that's how it's written)

Reactions: Circles
J

jake3d

Enlightened
May 29, 2019
Look up the "Amitriptyline cocktail", it seems to be the only truly viable option from the meds you have there. Except for suboxone (which is a fairly weak opi so difficult to OD on), the other meds may give you brain damage but are not lethal in overdose.

Reactions: GeorgeJL, Willowkin, Circles and 1 other person
allgood

allgood

Student
Jul 17, 2019
Look up the "Amitriptyline cocktail", it seems to be the only truly viable option from the meds you have there. Except for suboxone (which is a fairly weak opi so difficult to OD on), the other meds may give you brain damage but are not lethal in overdose.
Buprenorphine is the absolute opposite of a weak opiate, 100 microgram/hour patches are equivalent to nearly 300mg morphine/24hr. Anyway OP try googling the name + 'ld50', or checking wikipedia pages for overdose statistics (sometimes the per litre dosage is listed in cases of acute overdose).

Clonaz, subutex, buspirone and ami stand out to me as drugs with great potential for death.

Last edited:
Reactions: Willowkin, Circles, Donewith_ and 1 other person
C

calendulo

Enlightened
Jun 13, 2019
I already posted a question where I listed the meds that could do the job and a few I didn't know about.

This post is different because I'm looking for a resource not a direct answer. Where can I find information on the minimum "for sure" levels of psychiatric, sleep, and pain prescription medications? I'm looking for info to support the choice to ctb not the levels found in places trying to prevent harm.

•Hydroxyzine/Atarax 50mg
•Buspirone/Buspar 15mg
•Prazosin/Minipress 1mg

It's a weird mix.

Look for some kind of vademecum about medicines or medical reports about intoxication of benzos, antidepressors, sedatives.....blahblah.....

Also I guess every drug have direction of use. Try it that.

And last thing, I am sorry to say you that all meds are made exactly for that, avoid to die. Allmost of them have high tolerance and antagonists. be careful with this issue.

D

Donewith_

Elementalist
Sep 28, 2018
Yeah..as stated above, you can look up ld50 of each drug, and if they are really lethal, and the peacefulness, and you can search the previous cases of suicides..
Then you can avoid the not so useful drugs that you have.. and just go with useful drugs.

Letmego. Please

Letmego. Please

Wizard
Nov 18, 2018
Buprenorphine-Naloxon/•Suboxone 8-2mg SL (that's how it's written)

To answer one question you cannot, no matter how much you take od on the above as it has the dam antidote included in the pill. That being the Naloxon.

Reactions: Circles and jake3d
allgood

allgood

Student
Jul 17, 2019
To answer one question you cannot, no matter how much you take od on the above as it has the dam antidote included in the pill. That being the Naloxon.
Not completely true, naloxone is inactive when taken orally which is why it is always given IV to reverse overdoses, I imagine you could probably still OD on this formulation. Orally it has no pharmacological effect, it's only included to prevent IV use.

Well, it can be used to aid with constipation but that's it.

Last edited:
Reactions: Circles and Letmego. Please
Dawn0071111

Dawn0071111

Hungry Ghost
Dec 9, 2018
If you are getting this stuff by prescription, just stock up... Most people who survive pill od (like myself when I was young and dumb) just dont take enough....

I would assume that enough of anything would kill you.... Unless a person is a pharmacist or chemist or does tons of research, a combo of a few piulls would seem to only make one sick, or cause damage.....

Why not just save up? Bottles and bottles of pills.... like I would say... at least 300-500 pills....or more. I mean I am thinking that quantity is more important than type for most drugs......

I'm not an expert, but survived 3 pill OD's cause I never took more than 2 bottles, i also was young in my teens and 20... Now that I am done with the pill shit personally, but just in case I do have a stash... kinda like a "in case of emergency break glass" kinda thing.

Good luckies

• Hugs
Reactions: Notcutoutforlife, Circles and jake3d
Willowkin

Willowkin

Jul 23, 2019
Not completely true, naloxone is inactive when taken orally which is why it is always given IV to reverse overdoses, I imagine you could probably still OD on this formulation. Orally it has no pharmacological effect, it's only included to prevent IV use.

Well, it can be used to aid with constipation but that's it.
But if I'm combining taking them with the others will it make a difference? Like:
#1) would it help the other meds by adding more toxicity even though by itself it wouldn't?
#2) would the "antidote" make the other pills less useful in ODing?
#3) if #2 is "no" could it be worth it just to make me more comfortable as the other pills take effect? Since it is a pain med maybe it would help me pass more peacefully
If you are getting this stuff by prescription, just stock up... Most people who survive pill od (like myself when I was young and dumb) just dont take enough....

I would assume that enough of anything would kill you.... Unless a person is a pharmacist or chemist or does tons of research, a combo of a few piulls would seem to only make one sick, or cause damage.....

Why not just save up? Bottles and bottles of pills.... like I would say... at least 300-500 pills....or more. I mean I am thinking that quantity is more important than type for most drugs......

I'm not an expert, but survived 3 pill OD's cause I never took more than 2 bottles, i also was young in my teens and 20... Now that I am done with the pill shit personally, but just in case I do have a stash... kinda like a "in case of emergency break glass" kinda thing.

Good luckies
Most of the ones I mentioned all have overdose warnings so I'm hoping that the kind of med with the quantity will do the job.
In early 2018 I made an impulsive attempt and took most of my meds then, including Morphine & Percocet (which I don't have access to anymore) and it was a close one. Only because my mom figured it hadn't worked so took me to the hospital, or something like that. She would have left me be if she thought it had worked (long story) Honestly the last thing I remember is taking only about three bottles of stuff, falling asleep, then waking up three days later in the hospital after being in a coma with a large part of my long term and some of my short term memory completely gone. But according to my mom she didn't realize I had done it right away because apparently I was walking around but doing things that are way out of character for me.
I figure since I hadn't planned it out then I still had a high tolerance for the meds in me so they wouldn't have worked as well if I'd stopped them or cut back. This time I'm taking my meds but cutting back on quantity because people on Suboxone get random drug tests where I live to make sure I'm taking it not selling it and that I'm not using any street drugs. So with that and the psych meds I'm trying to just take less and have quite a stockpile, though I'm choosing to wait at least a month to have as much as any of the meds I can because I'm TERRIFIED of failing again and what further damage to my brain and/or body I'd face after that. But the longer I wait, even putting aside having to live longer when I want out, the closer I am to a doctor figuring out I've been stockpiling and have that method taken from me for good.
So I've started taking only two Suboxone (a pain med) a day and stashing the third I'm allowed, same with my Atarax (an anxiety med) and Amitriptyline (sleep), and four Neurontin (my use is for pain and psych) instead of 8.
The reason I don't stop the higher toxic psych meds entirely to save them (and lower what's in my system) is that they do work! If I were to stop them entirely not only would I go through withdrawal but my anxiety and depression would skyrocket. I'm not ctb out of desperation caused by severe depression like the three times I have already tried. For me the quality of my life is completely unbearable and I have tried everything for my physical and mental issues. If there were an instant cure for either my physical problems or my emotional ones tomorrow then everything would be different. I'd still want to choose the method and time of my death since that feeling of control helps me sooo much, but I wouldn't be stockpiling.

Sorry for rambling

Last edited:
allgood

allgood

Student
Jul 17, 2019
But if I'm combining taking them with the others will it make a difference? Like:
#1) would it help the other meds by adding more toxicity even though by itself it wouldn't?
#2) would the "antidote" make the other pills less useful in ODing?
#3) if #2 is "no" could it be worth it just to make me more comfortable as the other pills take effect? Since it is a pain med maybe it would help me pass more peacefully

Naloxone won't affect anything else, and if you take the formulation orally with no sublingual contact it won't even be active. So yes it's worth taking, bupe is a pretty damn effective painkiller.

Willowkin

Willowkin

Jul 23, 2019
Naloxone won't affect anything else, and if you take the formulation orally with no sublingual contact it won't even be active. So yes it's worth taking, bupe is a pretty damn effective painkiller.
I always swallow the pills because I never saw a difference between allowing either the film (which I started with) or the pill to dissolve under my tongue vs swallowing except the truly knarly taste yuck! Even though I take their ("they" being my original Suboxone-prescribing doctor then his np when she got certified) random drug tests they never seem to know the difference between swallowing or letting them dissolve and have been truly shocked and apparently the test is showing what they expect. I don't share that info IRL because unfortunately there are plenty who could and would abuse that info, but discussing it here is a whole different story LOL
Since you seem to know something about Suboxone and how taking it one way can differ from another, do you have any idea why my tests would read like that?
And btw one half of the reason I want to ctb is because even on the max of Suboxone AND the max of Neurontin (which I've been on more than once in the past for psych reasons and am now taking to boost the painkilling) I'm still in such physical pain! I discussed going back on even a little of my previous Percocet & Morphine cocktail (the answer was no) or trying medicinal marijuana (the answer was sure but we don't think it will help even a little not even considering the monetary cost) and so I asked if there were anything even in reeeeeeally early testing that I haven't tried or that I don't already have issues that clearly would rule out my using them and the answer is no even in other countries unless I moved. And it's pretty much the same situation on my psych end of things too. I know there's a lot of hate for psychiatry on here but I definitely have benefited from both psychology and psychiatry and trust both my physical & psych resources that there's nothing on the horizon for me that wouldn't include changes in my life that I would then even more consider my life not worthy to be living, such as having to move to another country. I'm not knocking other countries just I have so few ppl in my life already and none would be able to move with me.

Sorry for rambling and if that didn't make complete sense :( I have a bad habit of doing both

Reactions: allgood
allgood

allgood

Student
Jul 17, 2019
Since you seem to know something about Suboxone and how taking it one way can differ from another, do you have any idea why my tests would read like that?

Sorry for rambling and if that didn't make complete sense :( I have a bad habit of doing both
How are they testing you, piss? If so all they can see on the results is if buprenorphine is present or not. For maximum effect in terms of pain relief I would use it sublingually or intranasal if pill form, bioavailability is higher and naloxone is irrelevant at normal dosages.

Last edited:
W

widower

Aug 3, 2019
I hope this is the right way to do this. If not, please tell me, and I'll start a new thread.

I'm 76, paraplegic, a widower, and in the early stages of Alzheimer's. I've had a good life, but my wife's death 3 years ago broke me, from which I'm not going to recover. And although I'm not in much pain, just getting through the day takes too much physical effort, is becoming humiliating, and isn't going to get better, especially as the Alzheimer's progresses. By the end of the year, I will have exhausted all of our savings. I took care of my mother while she died from Alzheimer's, and the thought of going that way just isn't an option for me, nor is ending up warehoused in some facility.

I've discussed checking out early with our kids, and they understand. There's really nothing they can do to improve my prospects anyway. In general, I'm just ready to go be with my wife.

So I'm wondering about the likelihood of success with what I've got to work with. These are all leftover from my late wife's cancer, and I've never taken any of them or their equivalents, so I guess that makes me "naive" to them:

Morphine sulfate, 30mg, 26ct
Oxycodone, 10mg x 180ct
Lorazepam, 1mg x 31ct

I also have lots of hydrocodone + acetaminophen (maybe 100 at 5/50mg), but it's my understanding that if they fail to do the job and I survive, I could end up with serious liver damage, so I'd rather not go that route.

I'm thinking that taking a Lorazepam first would be good to steady my nerves.

Additionally, I've got ondansetron/Zofran, which my wife used to take to prevent throwing up after chemo; seems like it might be useful to take one first, so I can keep everything down.

Would either the 780mg of oral morphine or the 1,800mg of Oxycodone be sufficient to bring about death? -or would it be necessary to take both? -and would adding more Lorazepam be a good idea? Any insights would be appreciated.

edit: I should probably mention that I'm not a big guy; 5'8" and 122lbs (legs have atrophied quite a bit). And I'm not taking any medications, just a daily multivitamin and an OTC sleep aid at night.

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: AmberRed
allgood

allgood

Student
Jul 17, 2019
I hope this is the right way to do this. If not, please tell me, and I'll start a new thread.

I'm 76, paraplegic, a widower, and in the early stages of Alzheimer's. I've had a good life, but my wife's death 3 years ago broke me, from which I'm not going to recover. And although I'm not in much pain, just getting through the day takes too much physical effort, is becoming humiliating, and isn't going to get better, especially as the Alzheimer's progresses. By the end of the year, I will have exhausted all of our savings. I took care of my mother while she died from Alzheimer's, and the thought of going that way just isn't an option for me, nor is ending up warehoused in some facility.

I've discussed checking out early with our kids, and they understand. There's really nothing they can do to improve my prospects anyway. In general, I'm just ready to go be with my wife.

So I'm wondering about the likelihood of success with what I've got to work with. These are all leftover from my late wife's cancer, and I've never taken any of them or their equivalents, so I guess that makes me "naive" to them:

Oxycodone, 10mg x 180ct
Lorazepam, 1mg x 31ct

I also have lots of hydrocodone + acetaminophen (maybe 100 at 5/50mg), but it's my understanding that if they fail to do the job and I survive, I could end up with serious liver damage, so I'd rather not go that route.

I'm thinking that taking a Lorazepam first would be good to steady my nerves.

Additionally, I've got ondansetron/Zofran, which my wife used to take to prevent throwing up after chemo; seems like it might be useful to take one first, so I can keep everything down.

Would either the 780mg of oral morphine or the 1,800mg of Oxycodone be sufficient to bring about death? -or would it be necessary to take both? -and would adding more Lorazepam be a good idea? Any insights would be appreciated.

edit: I should probably mention that I'm not a big guy; 5'8" and 122lbs (legs have atrophied quite a bit). And I'm not taking any medications, just a daily multivitamin and an OTC sleep aid at night.
I'd take both the morphine and oxy, there's really no reason not to, and all the lorazepam with antiemetics; guaranteed death unless someone immediately narcans you.

Reactions: widower
Willowkin

Willowkin

Jul 23, 2019
Oxycodone, 10mg x 180ct
Lorazepam, 1mg x 31ct

I took those along with a prescription sleeping pill early in 2018. My mother saw me up and moving (though I don't remember that at all) so she figured since I wasn't gone the attempt failed and took me to the ER and I was in a coma for 3 days.

Based on my experience alone I'd guess as long as you follow some advice I've on here and don't have a phone handy AND you make sure you're undisturbed for at least 24 hours I think it would work.

Though that cocktail didn't work for me and the liver damage risk IS a possibility, I didn't get any liver damage which surprised my doctor.

I hope you find peace one way or another!
How are they testing you, piss? If so all they can see on the results is if buprenorphine is present or not. For maximum effect in terms of pain relief I would use it sublingually or intranasal if pill form, bioavailability is higher and naloxone is irrelevant at normal dosages.
Yes it's urine tests. I really didn't see a bit of difference using it sublingually vs swallowing. I'm on the max dose along with a high dose of Neurontin that's supposed to help and I'm still no better than a 3 on the 1-10 pain scale at any given moment and still have peaks of 8 if not more. Yet that is still far better than any other treatment I've tried except for the morphine and percocet combo but I was a complete zombie so couldn't enjoy being pain free :-/ And I'm too damn young for all this! (turning 37 in a few days)
Oops, sorry! I didn't realize it would combine both my answers. I hope you both see it :)
Yeah..as stated above, you can look up ld50 of each drug, and if they are really lethal, and the peacefulness, and you can search the previous cases of suicides..
Then you can avoid the not so useful drugs that you have.. and just go with useful drugs.
Is there a specific site I should do the search on? I'm getting a lot of medical related pages but nothing clear, mostly lists of side effects.

Last edited:
allgood

allgood

Student
Jul 17, 2019
Is there a specific site I should do the search on? I'm getting a lot of medical related pages but nothing clear, mostly lists of side effects.

You just want to be looking into recorded cases of overdose, sometimes there are papers written on toxicity of certain drugs which will go into further detail about what exactly was consumed.

Eg. for Lorazepam searching for ld50 will yield me a couple good results: https://www.drugbank.ca/drugs/DB00186 (great site for this application) gives us the ld50 in mice, predicted ADMET which are all useful; and https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lorazepam#Overdose which tells us 'Approximately 300–1000 μg/l is found in people after acute overdosage ' essentially exactly what we're looking for.

Willowkin

Willowkin

Jul 23, 2019
(I'm not totally with it right this second due to narcolepsy so I apologize if this is repetitive or unclear)

I have bookmarked Wikipedias of my meds to see which have sections about overdose and those were the Amitriptyline, Clonazepam/Klonopin, and Gabapentin/Neurontin which happen to be the three easiest of my meds for me to stockpile. According to the 2018 Peaceful Pill Handbook (just arrived yesterday!!!) at the dose I take Amitriptyline I would need 400 pills and it says to let them dissolve in water then drink it and ideally mix with benzos which I THOUGHT my Klonopin was. I will try using the ID50 term on those sites thanks!

So right now I have somewhere between 270-350 and will be getting another 90 soon. I've been taking some to help keep my stress level reasonable (the meds DO work and skipping the Amitriptyline means enduring truly traumatic night terrors that take almost the whole day to shake, if at all) and am thinking I'll keep lowering my dose and when it's time do the dissolving thing and take at least the Klonopin, Neurontin, Suboxone and maybe some of my other psych meds.

However I'm just watching a show about getting drunk and everything I've even seen says alcohol will intensify everything. Problem is I've never been properly drunk, stopping at just getting buzzed. So I'm curious if anyone knows enough about types of alcohol and can help me figure out stuff like if wine and hard cider were to help after drinking the Amitriptyline and to have just a like a half glass to a full glass more than I usually have to keep nausea down. Same idea with having a bit of bland food in my stomach to keep nausea at a minimum esp since I am quite scared I'll vomit and only partially do the job.

So my plan right now is getting at least three days to myself. Put up sign inside apartment to my bedroom door alerting anyone unexpected what I have done so only paramedics or police find me. (My dad did that and was really appreciated) and the sign above my bed with a big arrow pointing to all my Advance Directives paperwork that will be attached, as well as list the local hospital that has all that info already on file such as ("I have a DNR on file at ___") Then finish making my area as comfortable as possible (soothing music, dimmed lights etc) and making sure my cat will have plenty of food water and clean litter. Make sure my DNR necklace is on me and secured and possibly take someone's suggestion to write the same stuff from the sign about DNR in marker on my chest and both forearms. Then get down to business and have a small amount of white bread about 15-30min before drinking the dissolved Amitriptyline (as close to the 400 quantity I can get before I can't take waiting any longer (see below). Give it 2min to make sure it's not coming up, maybe have a small bite of bread, then take the other pills I think will have an effect based on the further research I plan on doing. Give that 39s-1min and start drinking the wine and have just a bit more than my most tipsy (sadly only about 4 glasses of white wine)

I'm estimating this will take place somewhere as soon as the end of August or as late as mid-October the latter is when I have the best chance of not being disturbed or found too soon because the person most likely to notice my lack of contact will be away for three days. Plus I will be able to stockpile more pills

So I guess my questions are:

#1: food yes or no?

#2: if yes before or after?

#3: I know adding stuff with fat like butter and cheese slows down how quickly my body turns carbs into sugar (I'm a type 2 diabetic with extremely high numbers on a regular basis) so would it be better to have cheese or butter with my bread to aide absorption? (I'm not totally alert atm so know the info is relative but can't figure out in which way)

#4: wine or hard cider yes or no?

#5: if yes just a little over my normal amount worth it?

#6: is the whole losing bowel control true and at what point? Urine too?

#7: can someone tell me how to set up prearranged texts? I want to setup ones that say stuff like "I'm having a crummy day and am going to sleep it off. Turning my phone off so it doesn't wake me" and other stuff I know will help keep the most suspicious loved one away. But I also want to send one to that same loved one a few days later telling them I've done it and to have police check so my loved one doesn't find me.

#8: any other related suggestions?

W

widower

Aug 3, 2019
I'd take both the morphine and oxy, there's really no reason not to, and all the lorazepam with antiemetics; guaranteed death unless someone immediately narcans you.

Thank you, Allgood.
Any other advice? I presume that taking the anti-emetic and Lorazepam first is the way to go. Would you say the morphine and oxy should be taken a half-hour later, or earlier, later?

Willowkin

Willowkin

Jul 23, 2019
Hi Widower
I've been reading The Peaceful Pill Handbook (you can access it for free in the Resources thread) and it breaks down times, amounts, what to take first etc. Allgood is fantastic help :smiling: but I don't know if he/she has as specific info and I know the PPH does

Reactions: allgood
GeorgeJL

GeorgeJL

Enlightened
Mar 7, 2019

•Hydroxyzine/Atarax 50mg
•Buspirone/Buspar 15mg
•Prazosin/Minipress 1mg
Look up the amitriptyline cocktail.

Willowkin

Willowkin

Jul 23, 2019
Thanks! I've actually found it since in my copy of Peaceful Pill Handbook (2018) and have tried 1 pill in approximately 1oz of water to see what the taste is like and I think it'll be ok. But I am still a little unsure about a couple things:
•Would the Dexilant (a GERD med) work for settling the stomach ahead of time? I looked it up and the capsules can be opened and mixed with water and taken orally with an oral syringe or mixed in applesauce. When I've been in the hospital before and had to take things and applesauce they also said putting woodwork and I'm wondering if that might be OK in this situation too.
•Is there anything else I can do to help keep my stomach settled without ruining the effectiveness?
•Of the remaining meds which would be the best to follow the dissolved Amitriptyline? I've been saving the Gabapentin/Neurontin & Quetiapine/Seroquel primarily. I haven't had much luck searching for ID50 & the meds' names like others have suggested
•I'm not much of a drinker ( I get tipsy from just a couple glasses of wine but have never let myself get properly drunk) but am trying to get myself used to a Screwdriver (vodka & orange juice) so that I can get to the point where I can keep down a mix of half & half which I've been told "should do the trick for what I am looking for". I had about 3mL of vodka with about 6mL of orange juice over about an hour and didn't get tipsy but could tell it WAS affecting me. With all the stuff going on in my stomach how much vodka would be needed to have a reasonable effect or should I scrap the whole alcohol thing and focus just on getting more pills down?

Lookingforabus

Lookingforabus

Arcanist
Aug 6, 2019
So I guess my questions are:

#1: food yes or no?

#2: if yes before or after?

#3: I know adding stuff with fat like butter and cheese slows down how quickly my body turns carbs into sugar (I'm a type 2 diabetic with extremely high numbers on a regular basis) so would it be better to have cheese or butter with my bread to aide absorption? (I'm not totally alert atm so know the info is relative but can't figure out in which way)

#4: wine or hard cider yes or no?

#5: if yes just a little over my normal amount worth it?

#6: is the whole losing bowel control true and at what point? Urine too?

#7: can someone tell me how to set up prearranged texts? I want to setup ones that say stuff like "I'm having a crummy day and am going to sleep it off. Turning my phone off so it doesn't wake me" and other stuff I know will help keep the most suspicious loved one away. But I also want to send one to that same loved one a few days later telling them I've done it and to have police check so my loved one doesn't find me.

#8: any other related suggestions?

1) The main relevant effect food has is to slow the absorption of drugs via the GI tract, so this may be a concern, depending on what drugs are taken and how much. In going for a massive overdose, food shouldn't make a difference to fatality. However, some drugs do work differently on an empty stomach as opposed to a full one, so that might be worth looking into. I've been on medication that came with a "take with food" instruction, and in that case, it was because when taken on an empty stomach, they induced vomiting. So probably something to research with regards to specific medications that would be used.

2) Eating food after ingesting a fatal overdose seems rather pointless, so I'd do it before, if I were so inclined.

No experience with diabetes (#3) but if I were diabetic, I'd try to time an overdose with diabetic shock, just in case. I don't know if that's actually doable, though... maybe trying to do that would result in a diabetic coma before one could get around to swallowing an OD, I don't know, but it's something to think about.

4) Know your alcohol interactions. Alcohol is contraindicated with a great number of medications. With other depressant drugs, the risk is that alcohol can amplify the depressant effects and stop your breathing, with certain drugs it's more a matter of toxicity and long term damage to your organs (then again, I should have nuked my liver at least a decade ago if those warnings were accurate, so I take that with a grain of salt), and with some drugs, alcohol interferes with their mechanism of action and makes them ineffective (SSRIs and other anti-psychotics are examples of this). Finally, there are drugs, like MAOI antidepressants, which can have fatal interactions with alcohol unrelated to respiratory depression, but such drugs are generally not prescribed much any more.

Long answer short, check the information sheet and do some research on the relevant medications to determine if adding alcohol makes them more dangerous, less effective or doesn't matter.

6) It's true to an extent. When someone dies, they lose muscle control, so if you have a full bladder or a full bowel, that's coming out. If it's not to that point, it probably won't (without muscles to move food through the GI tract, it's not going to reach the unclenched sphincter, and without working kidneys, there won't be urine being deposited to the bladder). For whatever it's worth, a study done on victims of hanging executions found that a large majority did not soil or wet themselves... but some did.

7) There are a number of apps that allow you to schedule texts on a smartphone. I use Pulse SMS for my Android, I don't know if there's something similar for iPhones or other phone OSes, but Google should be able to tell you.

8) Anyone intending to OD with an oral ingestion should probably take an antiemetic first to prevent throwing up the drugs and potentially surviving an otherwise fatal dose. (A major reason drug overdoses have such a low fatality rate compared to other suicide methods.) Having the drugs in a puddle of vomit outside the body makes them ineffective. These days, worthwhile antiemetics are prescription-only in most countries, so that's a consideration. This is especially relevant if ingesting a large amount of alcohol. Ingesting a lot of alcohol does tend to activate one's vomit reflex.

Edit: LD50 is the dosage which is lethal for half the population, and due to ethical concerns, most are determined for lab animals, not humans. So someone wanting to induce a lethal reaction with more than 50% odds would want to take more than the LD50 value. For my money, a lot more, since I seem to have a high drug tolerance anyway, and am also not a mouse or lab rat.

Last edited:
Reactions: HoolioCoolio