abruptum

abruptum

Lost
Jan 10, 2021
just wondering when the last time people can remember being normal is, i'd have to say the last time i felt normal was in freshman year when i gave my last efforts to "fit in"

Reactions: WhatDoesTheFoxSay? and GenesAndEnvironment
ClownMe

ClownMe

Don't Cry for Me, I'm Already Dead
Apr 7, 2021
Cant really remember, my guess would be when i was around 12. That was 8 years ago.

Reactions: Pisceslilith
SweetDreams500

SweetDreams500

Narcissistic gay NEETcel
Apr 4, 2021
When I was like 16.

Reactions: Élégie
M

MyOwnWorstEnemy

Apr 23, 2021
40 years ago, before I went to school.

Reactions: demuic
GenesAndEnvironment

GenesAndEnvironment

Autistic loser
Jan 26, 2021
I think I was "built different" from at least age 2 (genes and environment). So never managed to be normal at all, really.

Reactions: WhatDoesTheFoxSay?, S like suicide, abruptum and 1 other person
Moose.000

Moose.000

"Everything is meaningless" ~King Solomon
Apr 10, 2021
Probably around 19, maybe 20. Roughly 24 years ago.

signifying nothing

signifying nothing

-
Sep 13, 2020
I'm not sure I know what that feels like.

• Aww..
  • Hugs
Reactions: Élégie, WhatDoesTheFoxSay?, Pisceslilith and 5 others
avoid_slow_death

avoid_slow_death

Ready to embrace the peaceful bliss of the void.
Feb 4, 2020
Two years and a month ago. That's when I arrived here to start my life with the woman I love more than anything. Two years later....and it is probably over.....

W

WornOutLife

マット
Mar 22, 2020
About 6 years ago.
I was slim, had friends, a gf, more money, visited my family every weekend, played soccer, etc.

• Hugs
Reactions: blue_muse
LastLoveLetter

LastLoveLetter

Persephone
Mar 28, 2021
Never. I've never been "normal." I've never been neurotypical. I've never had a normal family. I've never had a chance to lead a normal life. I never will.

• Hugs
Reactions: WhatDoesTheFoxSay?, Pisceslilith, demuic and 1 other person
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
I don't think i've ever been normal. Normal referring to feeling comfortable within myself. I have always felt an empty void within myself my whole life and I have always harboured feelings of despair and frustration just from purely existing. I have felt better in previous times before I started to have physical health problems but never 'normal'

Reactions: WhatDoesTheFoxSay?, demuic and RedHarlequin
Ch92921

Ch92921

The call of the void
Dec 29, 2018
When I was 9 years old.

There is explanation why. Its because before I hit puberty, Everthing was fine then the biochemistry of my body and brain totally went odd. I start looking like a girl and people always thought on phone I was a girl. That has its biological explanation. I believe sexual orientation to be a biological construct and something prentaly went wrong. And when i hit puberty this biological error showed his true face.

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: RedHarlequin and Lmd
BottomlessPit

BottomlessPit

Staring at the edge
Apr 28, 2021
I peaked at around 9 or 10 years old. I was confident, had lots of friends, good grades in school, even had my first kiss. But from then on it was a slow, gradual, but steady decline into various mental issues that made me a husk of my former self.

• Hugs
Reactions: Élégie, Pisceslilith and RedHarlequin
Meditation guide

Meditation guide

Always was, is, and always shall be.
Jun 22, 2020
just wondering when the last time people can remember being normal is, i'd have to say the last time i felt normal was in freshman year when i gave my last efforts to "fit in"
I don't want to feel normal and like I fit in. Nor do I feel that way so in that way I'm pretty content. Normal is boring, dull, and follows the crowd and I'm not like that.

Maybe we aren't defining "normal" the same way but to me normal is to be avoided.

Reactions: Simba
RedHarlequin

RedHarlequin

Mage
Jul 8, 2018
Sometimes when I get drunk I can feel good for a couple of minutes. Except that, the last time I felt "normal" was maybe when I was 12 so 17 years ago.

Diesel_Punk

Diesel_Punk

Chasing dreamless sleep
May 6, 2021
I sometimes have these bursts of energy aproximately everything 2-3 years where, for a week or so I will just feel focused and break out of the circle of sadness, apathy and despair. I remember the last time it happened was about 2.5 years ago I was watching some a video on youtube about Nietzsche's philosophy, listened to some music got up off my lazy ass, cleaned my room in 1.5 hours until it looked like out of an IKEA catalogue. I then did all of the chores I had procrastinated on for weeks within the two following days. This energy slowly faded until I was back at my default state spending entire days in bed staring at the wall.

Does anyone experience anything similar?

• Hugs
Reactions: demuic and RedHarlequin
blue_muse

blue_muse

Mage
Jan 31, 2021
I don't think i've ever been normal. Normal referring to feeling comfortable within myself. I have always felt an empty void within myself my whole life and I have always harboured feelings of despair and frustration just from purely existing. I have felt better in previous times before I started to have physical health problems but never 'normal'
Ditto. Part of me always felt internal discontent that never went away.

Reactions: FuneralCry