E

Endoflifecomestoall

Student
Oct 31, 2021
When is it best to cbt? I have an incurable neurological condition which is only going to get worse resulting in death. Do I do it now or eke out day by day and see what happens?

• Hugs
Reactions: silentnights56, Forever Sleep and WAITING TO DIE
WAITING TO DIE

WAITING TO DIE

TORMENTED
Sep 30, 2023
If I was in your position I would probably ctb before the condition became unmanageable.
But from your own perspective I guess there are other factors to be taken into consideration such as how badly this is affecting your mental health.
Also how good is your quality of life in general ? Is your financial situation good, do you have a loving family etc.
I guess it's probably a case of weighing up how much you have to live for in general before the condition deteriorates and making the decision.

Reactions: silentnights56 and Forever Sleep
F

Forever Sleep

Earned it we have...
May 4, 2022
I'm so sorry for your situation. Is it something that will become debhilitating very fast, or is it likely to be a gradual decline? I think, either way, in your shoes, I would have a method prepared. But- if you can have a reasonable quality of life before the time comes, then I hope you can do so. Presumably, if it's incurable- would assisted suicide at a clinic be open to you? I would go that route given the option.

Reactions: silentnights56, LeperGnome and WAITING TO DIE
E

Endoflifecomestoall

Student
Oct 31, 2021
I'm so sorry for your situation. Is it something that will become debhilitating very fast, or is it likely to be a gradual decline? I think, either way, in your shoes, I would have a method prepared. But- if you can have a reasonable quality of life before the time comes, then I hope you can do so. Presumably, if it's incurable- would assisted suicide at a clinic be open to you? I would go that route given the option.
I could go the Swiss way but it is expensive and needs paperwork, Im
If I was in your position I would probably ctb before the condition became unmanageable.
But from your own perspective I guess there are other factors to be taken into consideration such as how badly this is affecting your mental health.
Also how good is your quality of life in general ? Is your financial situation good, do you have a loving family etc.
I guess it's probably a case of weighing up how much you have to live for in general before the condition deteriorates and making the decision.
With msa (this condition) I am sure it affected my mental health first as at the beginning the brain degenerates.
I'm still getting out walking the dog (English weather permitting)
I'm on a clinical trial results yet unknown.
I have the support of my partner
It could be 10 years or with irregular breaching it could be tonight.
Bit by bit my body looses its ability to function with me trapped inside it

Last edited:
  • Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: LeperGnome, Forever Sleep and WAITING TO DIE
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
That sounds really horrible what you have to go through, to me it's such a hellish existence where people have to suffer so much. But anyway best wishes, I guess that after all only you can decide what to do.

Reactions: LeperGnome and Endoflifecomestoall
E

Endoflifecomestoall

Student
Oct 31, 2021
There will come a time when I loose independence and mobility. Until then.....

E

Endoflifecomestoall

Student
Oct 31, 2021
I could go the Swiss way but it is expensive and needs paperwork, Im

With msa (this condition) I am sure it affected my mental health first as at the beginning the brain degenerates.
I'm still getting out walking the dog (English weather permitting)
I'm on a clinical trial results yet unknown.
I have the support of my partner

It could be 10 years or with irregular breaching it could be tonight.
Bit by bit my body looses its ability to function with me trapped inside it
If I can get through Christmas into the new year, have a holidays in Benidorm and do another few things I wanted I'll be happy. I have a supportive family around me but I don't want to be a burden on them