N

noname223

Angelic
Aug 18, 2020
I am very anxious about poverty. Not sure how smart my past decisions were. There are pro- and contra arguments. I think I should have included inflation more into my considerations though my desire to sell my possessions were kind of pathological after my manias. This is why I should not be too critical of me. Some products have increased their worth and some lost their worth. I don't know I should not blame myself.

But now to this topic. I try to be careful with my spending. I try to be strategical and I use some strategies to save money. Compared to my friends I am doing fine. My main spending is probably food. My mom often goes to the supermarkets and I am used to food with high quality. This is one reason why poverty will probably be lethal for me. I am just not used to poverty. I really enjoy the food I eat. But I won't go into details.

I find it always cool when people build an alliance into a grass-root movement. I am a free-ridder mostly. And I feel a little bit ashamed about it. One reason is I am really scard about poverty and donating money feels not good for me. I think I was raised with that mind-set. When I told my parents that some people donate to youtubers they called them fully insane. And really wondered why some people do that. I kind of admire these people when the project is good.

Many of the products which I buy are used. Not all but most products for entertainment like games. Or I buy used books.

Though there is one thing where I differ. I bought me a newspaper subscription some months ago. I like the magazine a lot. I think it is personally one of my favorite media outlets in German language. It is far from being perfect but journalistically I like their work. Better than most other outlets. And morally I think it is a good deed because journalism struggles concerning funding. However if this was my main purpose I should probably rather support a local newspaper.

There is a conflict inside myself. I recently read how one can unlock the paywall of many media outlets. I think morally this is very problematic. I am not sure whether this really is illegal. I have read in the US the paywalls are even less safe than in Germany. I am ruminating about this conflict but I will probably maintain my subscription. I don't want legal issues and I feel genuinely good when I am supporting high quality journalism.

When was the last time you supported a product/person or project just because it felt the right thing to do?

Last edited:
J

jjwtn26

Oct 7, 2022
I'm pretty cheap and don't buy very much. I save as much money as I possibly can because I'm trying to become financially independent(so I can stop working). I've never donated to charity or anything like that. Iv'e never really had the desire to either.

Lately though I have been feeling like I should buy my bosses lunch. Not to kiss up to them or anything but because they really treat me well and they look after me. I guess I want to show them that I appreciate what they do for me. Its strange though, I really like my bosses but I hate my job. I also just hate going to work in general.