wannabesetfree

wannabesetfree

I'm tired.
Feb 26, 2019
Looking back on my life, I can't think of a time when I was truly happy. Either I've always felt numb or dull. Of course there are times when I laugh at a YouTube video or something, but it's never a long-lasting feeling. I wasn't even happy when I was on my medication.

I'm almost 30 and I can't imagine going on so unhappy for another 30 years. At this point, I think I'm too far gone to ever truly be happy so what's the point?

• Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: Trilucid, Un-, Arvinneedstodie and 14 others
aludnelac

aludnelac

wayward weirdo
Sep 15, 2021
yeah.. i think it is one of those things that seems to come in even shorter and more infrequent moments that longer you've been generally miserable.. i think for me, even times where i thought i was completely miserable even a year ago almost seem happy looking back on them now.. it's funny how one form of suffering doesn't seem so bad when put under the perspective of a much worse one.. i'd probably say the last time i felt truly happy and hopeful for the future was December, 2019, but it's not like that moment lasted very long.. happiness feels so impossible now.. so far away from whatever kinda messed up creature i'm continuing to become..

• Hugs
Reactions: patheticpartner, Élégie, Caramelized and 2 others
ClownMe

ClownMe

Don't Cry for Me, I'm Already Dead
Apr 7, 2021
The last time i remember feeling genuinely happy for a short period of time was when I was around 12, so 2013. A long time between drinks.

• Hugs
Reactions: PrisonBreak, patheticpartner, UseItOrLoseIt and 3 others
Cid9121

Cid9121

Til death..
Jul 19, 2021
Without medication being at my grandfather's home & enjoying conversation. 17 years ago

• Hugs
Reactions: Trilucid, patheticpartner, Élégie and 3 others
Snake of Eden

Snake of Eden

“Ye shall be as gods..🍎 🐍”
Jun 22, 2021
I dont know if this can count as true happiness but Last year. I was on so much drugs

• Hugs
Reactions: Crazy4u, patheticpartner, existtosuffer and 4 others
E

EOL4ME

Feb 24, 2021
About 5 years old -

• Hugs
Reactions: Message In A Bottle, patheticpartner, wannabesetfree and 1 other person
O

OrcWitch

Warlock
Sep 3, 2021
The honeymoon phase of an internet relationship in 2019. It was a period of about 5 months where I woke up feeling happy to be alive and like my life had a wonderful future. I hope I can find that feeling again. Before that, probably when I played pokemon ruby with my best friend in 5th grade, like the entirety of 2004 I was high on life. We would go to the park together and sit on the swings and tell each other about our training plans. I had 367/400 of the pokedex. I've mostly been unhappy since I was 12. That first part is pretty pathetic, sometimes it's actually kind of funny to me what a loser I am.

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: patheticpartner, Josuyo, Élégie and 3 others
clown_17

clown_17

Almost gone, it almost worked
Oct 24, 2020
Probably the summer of 2019. Only then.

• Hugs
Reactions: patheticpartner, wannabesetfree and AtMostOkay
Dr Iron Arc

Dr Iron Arc

Into the Unknown
Feb 10, 2020
September 24th-29th, 2020.

• Hugs
Reactions: patheticpartner, wannabesetfree and AtMostOkay
AtMostOkay

AtMostOkay

Screw your courage to the sticking place.
Jun 29, 2021
The last time I felt true, life altering happiness was over 30 years ago. Short periods of contentment along the way. But happy?

• Hugs
Reactions: Midgardsorm, patheticpartner, Élégie and 2 others
DunnoWhyButYeah

DunnoWhyButYeah

~*-*~
Apr 3, 2020
Hmm I don't remember.

• Hugs
Reactions: patheticpartner, wannabesetfree, UseItOrLoseIt and 1 other person
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
I'm not sure I ever have. I do not know what that is like. I have never wanted to be alive and I have been suicidal since a young age. I am incapable of feeling that emotion. Life is just so empty and depressing. It is like I have already died in a way.

• Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: patheticpartner, Élégie, Skathon and 2 others
existtosuffer

existtosuffer

Student
Sep 22, 2021
Most of my happiness in the past was from taking psychedelic drugs to trigger my hypomania.

Would probably have to go back to childhood when I was naive & innocent. But I often looked grumpy as a child & rarely smiled.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: patheticpartner, ven and UseItOrLoseIt
UseItOrLoseIt

UseItOrLoseIt

1O'8
Dec 4, 2020
I never knew how to be happy. My happy moments are few and apart and they seem out of character.
My most memorable moment, however, the one that stuck with me, happened in 2009. My wedding day. It wasn't spotless. Back then, I've never missed an opportunity for social anxiety to take over my body in its awkward manner. I had a few slips. Like oversweating at the photoshoot or that overly steamy first kiss. But I remember the day well and I remember it with (almost) no regrets.
Everything that happened afterwards is nondistinct and certainly not dated.

It's almost like I know the exact date my life started going downwards... 25.06. My anti-birthday. Oh well.. I still like it more than my birthday
Just to be clear: my ex doesn't play any part in my downfall.
Most of my happiness in the past was from taking psychedelic drugs
Oh, that too. I've never been happy as when the air turned into a warm cloud of pink that one time.

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: patheticpartner, motel rooms, Callie Arcale and 1 other person
V

ven

Aug 11, 2021
True happiness without drugs, probably at some point experiencing life as a child and due to youthful ignorance.I don't recall a specific event or moment.

Later in life, I encountered drug induced happiness with ecstasy. It was the first time I felt peaceful and free from my normal incompatibility with my environment.

• Hugs
Reactions: patheticpartner
again_noidea

again_noidea

Experienced
Apr 22, 2021
what is true happiness? any definition will do but the term is prone to misunderstandings

• Hugs
Reactions: fatefulstillness and patheticpartner
fultron12

fultron12

Oct 4, 2021
I turn 25 in 2 days (libra gang) and when I really think of the last time I felt pure, genuine happiness, I think I was 10.

Just hanging in my room playing Doom. My older brother just introduced me to Tool and Slipknot. I wasn't thinking of sex, money, a roof over my head, or all the people I'd disappoint.

10 year old me would be simultaneously amazed and horrified to meet me now

• Hugs
Reactions: patheticpartner, Élégie, GenesAndEnvironment and 2 others
Depressed_Kettle

Depressed_Kettle

Experienced
Apr 25, 2021
yeah.. i think it is one of those things that seems to come in even shorter and more infrequent moments that longer you've been generally miserable.. i think for me, even times where i thought i was completely miserable even a year ago almost seem happy looking back on them now.. it's funny how one form of suffering doesn't seem so bad when put under the perspective of a much worse one.. i'd probably say the last time i felt truly happy and hopeful for the future was December, 2019, but it's not like that moment lasted very long.. happiness feels so impossible now.. so far away from whatever kinda messed up creature i'm continuing to become..
I notice that effect as well. I don't think I'm any less happy, just different but it feels like I was happier then almost nostalgia like. At least that's just how I feel.

I have had ups and downs so it's kind of hard to say for sure. I was definitely more prepared in the past to deal with any waves that may come, now I'm more fragile.

My memory isn't the best, it's kind of a blur to me.

I have felt lonely most of my life but I was happier at one point but it wasn't "happy" happy. I always had things going on at home, no physical abuse but I got in trouble a lot for not doing things right or not paying attention (I have ADHD, so does my mom) and there was lots of yelling. I only had my mom until I was a pre-teen and then she met my step-dad so I was alone often with them and didn't have very many friends because she was protective of me.

The ADHD meds made me reclusive, I got put on them at 7 and I became more shy but I was already shy and awkward to become with.

Last edited:
  • Hugs
L

lugerepair

I don't like life
Oct 15, 2020
Earlier this afternoon. I tend to have extreme mood swings.

• Hugs
sadghost

sadghost

S
May 17, 2020
It's been close to a year since I actually felt pure, uncontainable happiness, when I first opened my new PlayStation. At face value, it may perhaps seem silly for a 20 something adult to cry tears of joy over a game console. It was extremely sentimental to me.

The little pleasure I've experienced since is largely drowned out by either emptiness or misery, depending on the day. I get out of bed every morning and semi-function only because my meds force me to.

It's hard to enjoy a party you don't want to be at but can't leave just yet.

• Hugs
AntHydra

AntHydra

I wish you serenity.
Sep 26, 2021
A bit over a year ago, when my dear friendships weren't in shambles. Oh, how I yearn for that time.

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: patheticpartner and right:sun
right:sun

right:sun

Alien Observer
Sep 22, 2021
I'm not sure if happiness is achievable as something one can be most of the time. At least not for me. I can feel happy in small moments - I remember holding someone, looking out of my bedroom window at the trees outside, making a list with them of all the things that they like - stuff like that. It always goes away though. But I am at least able to enjoy it more and more when it does arrive. When I was younger I was not really able to be in "the happy" so much, due to worrying about it going away, and it being real or genuine, etc.

• Hugs
GenesAndEnvironment

GenesAndEnvironment

Autistic loser
Jan 26, 2021
Can't remember, was never one for positive emotions.

• Hugs
Reactions: Un- and patheticpartner
Freedom Believer

Freedom Believer

Forever alone.
Dec 23, 2019
Early 2019.

• Hugs
VoidDesirer22

VoidDesirer22

A dream inside a locked room
Sep 6, 2021
January 2020 because I was visiting a friend overseas, before covid was a global thing. I felt strongly that dying on the plane ride back was the only was the solidify it. I was right.

• Hugs
back_to_oblivion

back_to_oblivion

Expired
Aug 30, 2021
A long time ago. When I was under 12 years old.

• Hugs
Skathon

Skathon

"...scarred underneath, and I'm falling..."
Oct 29, 2018
Never, not even in my dreams.

• Hugs
Reactions: patheticpartner, VoidDesirer22, Élégie and 1 other person
NumbItAll

NumbItAll

expendable
May 20, 2018
I've had moments of happiness, but I haven't had an overall positive outlook on life since 2008. Yikes...

• Hugs
Reactions: newave3, patheticpartner, wannabesetfree and 2 others
Dr Iron Arc

Dr Iron Arc

Into the Unknown
Feb 10, 2020
I was pretty happy today to find out Sora from the Kingdom Hearts is finally confirmed for Smash Bros. He was my second most wanted character even though I've barely played Kingdom Hearts. It's a very temporary happiness though but I do feel a little bad that I'm so easily pleased…

• Yay!
  • Hugs
Reactions: Foresight, Journeytoletgo, patheticpartner and 2 others
motel rooms

motel rooms

Survivor of incest. Gay. Please don't PM me.
Apr 13, 2021
If true happiness is unambiguous happiness, then I've never experienced it; everything in my life always has to be complicated.

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: fatefulstillness, Midgardsorm, patheticpartner and 3 others