Water-Lily

Water-Lily

Enlightened
Dec 26, 2020
Today in my Psych class my professor talked about how important it is to have a good foundation. To have had loving family, parents, and love. And how when people do not have that they struggle for years

It made me angry. Knowing that I will struggle. It doesn't matter how self aware I may be. It doesn't matter how well I am doing in school. What matters is that I am fucked. There isn't point in trying if I won't feel "genuinely happy" for a longtime. The path of recovery isn't worth it at that point.

• Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: EternalšŸŒˆRainbow, Efilismislife, Luna77 and 1 other person
S

Symbiote

Global Mod
Oct 12, 2020
Should've asked him if it was too late to lay down a good foundation for those who've had childhood trauma.

Reactions: Ame
Water-Lily

Water-Lily

Enlightened
Dec 26, 2020
Should've asked him if it was too late to lay down a good foundation for those who've had childhood trauma.
Actually, I will. give me a min

Ok so she said it isn't too late. That with treatment you can require your mind and pain is a gradual process. One could even rewire their brain that is similar to a person who had a healthy foundation. It cannot be erased entirely but it can get better

Meh I still wanna die lol

Last edited:
  • Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: EternalšŸŒˆRainbow and Symbiote
S

Symbiote

Global Mod
Oct 12, 2020
He'll probably answer that it depends on how early the trauma was and how bad did it get, so you can ask him again, "Let's say you didn't become a psychology professor and was an actual therapist, what would've you have done to set that person back on the right path?"

Reactions: Robyn
Water-Lily

Water-Lily

Enlightened
Dec 26, 2020
He'll probably answer that it depends on how early the trauma was and how bad did it get, so you can ask him again, "Let's say you didn't become a psychology professor and was an actual therapist, what would've you have done to set that person back on the right path?"
I didn't ask that, but mentioned how a 20 year old got a right to die after sexual trauma. She said "OMG how could someone so young be allowed to die!"

• Hugs
Reactions: demuic