• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

F

FoolishDog

Nov 20, 2020
There are certainly circumstances when this is the case. Not in a philosophical sense, I mean in a literal sense. I don't want to get all that specific but sometimes what brings us here isn't our own misery and pain. It's about what's best for others or a situation as a whole. Is anyone else in a situation like this or is it mostly people here to end only their own suffering in particular?

ScorchedLifePolicy

ScorchedLifePolicy

Nov 21, 2020
I'm planning on doing it to avoid spreading Covid because I have frequent doctor visits and want to protect my family.

KuriGohan&Kamehameha

KuriGohan&Kamehameha

想死不能 - 想活不能
Nov 23, 2020
My illness makes me a burden on others, especially my partner. I know that I make his life hard by having chronic condition. I feel like the most selfless option in the end is to ctb so that I do not bring stress and pain upon others for years while dragging out my own suffering as well. I know the pain of grief can be intense, but I know quite well the things other people like to say about someone having a disabled partner, and it shows me that I'd be better off removing myself from the equation of life.

rabbithole

rabbithole

Experienced
Oct 26, 2020
Yeah I'm sadly in that position. My existence is causing not only me to suffer but my whole family. They will be horribly upset if I ctb but I think it's better than me sticking around.

im sorry you're in that position op.

Reactions: Mentalmick
F

FoolishDog

Nov 20, 2020
If suicide is selfish then it's just as selfish for people to expect you to go on living for their sake.
While this is often true, there are situations where a person has a legitimate ethical reason to remain alive for the sake of other people. When those people are the persons children and they are dependent on the person, for example.